Let's Talk About Freedom Of Speech

You obviously don't understand the law very well.

Thankfully I'm pretty sure that you're just joking lol :p

They were.
I don't explain the obvious, but I do point out when people overlook the obvious.

The law through our judicial system is exercised upon harmful speech. The criminal law exercises its power over hate speech, speech at public servants (assault), and our old friend "sedition"; coming to you from a court room in a couple of weeks!

Freedom of speech was designed around political security, not designed around hurting each other.

I don't explain the obvious, but I do point out when people overlook the obvious.

The law through our judicial system is exercised upon harmful speech. The criminal law exercises its power over hate speech, speech at public servants (assault), and our old friend "sedition"; coming to you from a court room in a couple of weeks!

Freedom of speech was designed around political security, not designed around hurting each other.

You want hate speech? I'll give you hate speech. Just TRY calling the police on me dumbass and I'll sue you so fast it'll make your head spin.

• Disagree
Reactions: ...
and there's not a darn thing you can do about it.
Actually not.

Freedom of speech also means that those who oppose failed, wrongheaded conservative dogma are at liberty to speak out against it.

Freedom of speech means that citizens are at liberty to speak out in opposition to rightwing racism, bigotry, and hate.

Freedom of speech means that citizens are at liberty to speak out in opposition to rightwing misinformation, conspiracy theories, and lies.

Freedom of speech means that citizens are at liberty to tell you and other conservatives that you’re wrong about the right to bear arms – that the right solely concerns lawful self-defense, not ‘defending’ the country.

And given the right’s contempt for our rights and protected liberties, that conservatives seek to destroy our democratic institutions, it’s conservatives who clearly hate America.

Yes it is.
No, it’s not.

The doctrine of free speech concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed.

Government may not seek to silence speech because of its content.

Government is otherwise at liberty to place limits and restrictions on speech or preempt speech consistent with First Amendment jurisprudence.

But that’s not the case in private society among private citizens.

Outside of the realm of the government, the Constitution, and the courts, private citizens are at liberty to denounce speech because of its content; at liberty to oppose, boycott, and condemn – where to do so in no manner ‘violates’ the right to free speech.

No, it’s not.

The doctrine of free speech concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed.

Government may not seek to silence speech because of its content.

Government is otherwise at liberty to place limits and restrictions on speech or preempt speech consistent with First Amendment jurisprudence.

But that’s not the case in private society among private citizens.

Outside of the realm of the government, the Constitution, and the courts, private citizens are at liberty to denounce speech because of its content; at liberty to oppose, boycott, and condemn – where to do so in no manner ‘violates’ the right to free speech.
Is that why celebrities have lost slander cases?

So long as you're not inciting violence you can say what you want. i have the same freedom. i can curse my government all I want and i have.
While I am definitely not on the side of the leftist Marxist loons, I agree that you are free to verbally bash our government all you want. That is the beauty of the freedom of speech. Having this, lets those listening to you, know what your thoughts are and how bad or good your thoughts might be and either be repelled by them, or approve of them.
There is however, a fine line between speaking freely and action. Griping about a government is one thing, actively trying to tear it down, moves into the realm of sedition, a federal crime.
My personal opinion regarding those that spew hatred towards our government, leaves me rather confused, as 7.3 million people fled Marxist nations to our shores to live free and get work, as well as millions of others that have also done so from military juntas and Islamic ones, all seeking freedom and opportunity to live without an overreaching oppressive, tyrannical, persecutory government. No nation is perfect, they've all had slavery and other bad pasts. Ours just openly recognizes what has happened and tries to do better, hence the migration here.
So, if you personally wish to complain about this nation, have at it, but then sit back and think.....what nation is much better to live in. If you can think of one, travel to it, live in it for a couple of years on their dime, not yours and decide which is better. If you think whatever nation you go to is better, then stay.
I do chuckle at those that seek to live in foreign nations, then the first thing they do is to seek out other "ex-pats" and live amongst them, as their lifestyle is similar to those which they had in the US, rather than be living among the regular citizens of that nation.

You want hate speech? I'll give you hate speech. Just TRY calling the police on me dumbass and I'll sue you so fast it'll make your head spin.

jet57 having second thoughts or did you disagree with the fact you didn't think I could do this or didn't like this? I haven't done anything illegal so if you call the police you're wasting your time.

Forum List

Back