Zone1 Let's Take A Look at What Racism is DEFINED to Be

You're actually the one with no proof. I have shown plenty of proof and you guys deny it.

You guys have consistently stated your opposition to policies designed to provide equal opportunity.
Like what policy, for example, designed to provide “equal opportunity“ do we guys oppose? The racist admissions policy that has colleges and grad programs rejecting Whites with a 3.7 to make room for blacks with 3.2?

To the contrary, anyone who SUPPORTS admissions decisions based on skin color is the one who is racist.

Uh huh. Your "proof" is cherry-picked history written by people who hate white people.

I'm not sure why you believe I'm obligated to read stuff that calls me evil when I haven't done anything. Think I'll pass.

Thing is, even if I believed and endorsed the garbage you promote, you'd still hate me, because I'd still be white.

So there's absolutely nothing in it for me. I don't have any white guilt to assuage.
No, my proof is documented history, studies and legal decisons written primarily by whites.

There is no such thing as white guilt. You practice the same racial resentment as your parents and grandparents. You have a responsibility to change your behavior.

When, by legal requirement, you select a person for a job or for a college admission based on race, then you are in the very same act also denying a person that job or admission based on race. Inscribe it in law and you have legalized racism.

Not that old de facto stuff which is bad enough. But de jure.

No, my proof is documented history, studies and legal decisons written primarily by whites.

There is no such thing as white guilt. You practice the same racial resentment as your parents and grandparents. You have a responsibility to change your behavior.
You have a responsibility to own up to your own racism and change your behavior.

IM2, It's never a discussion with you, It's just an attack, that is kind of my point.
The message you want to get across gets lost along the way because of the anger.
I get attacked all the time. You say nothing. There is no discussion when people continually deny they are part of the problem. And when I keep getting called a victim or told how racism is not real, and many of the things I get told, it is irritating. And I'm tired of whites like you and your tone policing. Blacks should be angry at the game whites like yourself keep trying to run on us. You guys are angry about something you perceive then tell me how I should not be angry about things that are real. That's pure arrogance.

IM2, It's never a discussion with you, It's just an attack, that is kind of my point.
The message you want to get across gets lost along the way because of the anger.
Agree. And when he calls decent people making valid points “white supremacists” simply because he disagrees with them, he comes across as nothing more than an angry black man lashing out at whites - and he is actually driving the racism he purports to hate.

Last edited:
Thing is, even if I believed and endorsed the garbage you promote, you'd still hate me, because I'd still be white.
Your racial stereotyping has you assuming things that are not so. I don't hate white people, but that
s what white race pimps tell you, and your personal bias makes you believe that. There are whites here who read my posts and agree with me. If what I was saying was so blatantly racist, they would say so. They are just as white as you are. They come from the same history, but they don't cry racist just because somebody black states the truth of OUR experience in this country. You and those like you have a problem and you and those like you are the ones trying to divide this country.

I get attacked all the time. You say nothing. There is no discussion when people continually deny they are part of the problem. And when I keep getting called a victim or told how racism is not real, and many of the things I get told, it is irritating. And I'm tired of whites like you and your tone policing. Blacks should be angry at the game whites like yourself keep trying to run on us. You guys are angry about something you perceive then tell me how I should not be angry about things that are real. That's pure arrogance.
You really don't understand, my point, IM2.
Bone up on communication skills which includes listening.
I'm not trying to attack you.

And you are demonstrating the hatred and anger that Meister pointed out is blurring any message you have. Is you animosity toward whites so extreme that you can’t put it aside to have a civil discussion?

For example, nothing is accomplished when you accuse posters of being white supremacists for making very valid points, such as the correlation between a high out-of-wedlock birthrate and the high poverty rate among blacks. The tactic seems to be to call the person making an accurate point all sorts of vicious names (racist, white supremacist, etc.) and get them on the defensive, thus deflecting from the accurate point she made. In fact, it’s a debating trick straight out of Alinsky.

You really don't understand, my point, IM2.
Bone up on communication skills which includes listening.
I'm not trying to attack you.
I do understand your point Meiser. Maybe you need to listen. This forum has enabled free reign white racism for a long time. I remember a former member named ghostofarider who said he joined this forum because that was the case. The fact here is that whites post loads of racists threads and I don't see you in those thread on those racists. I have seen you echo similar opinions although I don't think you're a racist, but you really lack knowledge about blacks and how we see things.

If you think blacks are running around with some fake belief of colorblindness and that we do not concern ourselves with racism every day of our lives, you are mistaken. You really need to go post in a majority non white forum so you can understand just how far off you are from the reality black people see.

WTH?
X IM2 Stop posting another message board-meister
X
X

• No Linking to, discussing, or promoting other Message Boards Anywhere on the Site.

Last edited by a moderator:

You don't know my parents, my grandparents, nor me.

You're assuming we're all racist solely because we're white.

THAT is racist.

Is obsession with stating racist stereotypes of people of color a form of racism?

Yes.

The definition of racism is plain. Objection to racism seen here daily is not a form of racism. Your statement is a definite example of gaslighting. Victims don't fight, they just take it. The claim of victimhood by blacks opposing racism is a claim started by white racists and then you get blacks who want to please racists so much they accept this lie and peopaccommodatingle like you use those words.

Whites who don't live facing racism such as yourself always have something to say. But accomodating racism by being quiet and ignoring it doesn't work. You don't ignore things that bother you.

Any disagreement with you is either racist or gaslighting. I find your world view both amusing and sad at the same time. But by all means continue, whatever floats your boat.

Your racial stereotyping has you assuming things that are not so.
...says the guy who assumes me, my parents, and my grandparents are all racist because we're white.
I don't hate white people...
Yeah, I don't think that's honest.
but that
s what white race pimps tell you, and your personal bias makes you believe that.
No, I see it. In this thread. You've made it quite plain.
There are whites here who read my posts and agree with me.
Yeah, that's the white liberals who are afraid of being called racist.
If what I was saying was so blatantly racist, they would say so.
No, they wouldn't. You'd get angry at them and call them racist, and that would make them piss their pants in terror.
They are just as white as you are. They come from the same history, but they don't cry racist just because somebody black states the truth of OUR experience in this country. You and those like you have a problem and you and those like you are the ones trying to divide this country.
Horseshit. Most people don't give a damn about race. And then you come along, saying the same old song and dance about how victimized you are.

It's boring as hell.

Definition of racism

1: a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

Ladino elites used racism to justify the displacement and enslavement of the indigenous population, and these beliefs, along with the resentment created by the continued exploitation of indigenous land and labor, culminated in the Guatemalan Civil War (1960-1996).— Mariana Calvo…

how do we begin undoing the processes of internalized hatred and internalized racism?— bell hooks

also : behavior or attitudes that reflect and foster this belief : racial discrimination or prejudice

The kind of trenchant racism to which black people have persistently been subjected can never be defeated by making its victims more respectable. The essence of American racism is disrespect.— Imani Perry

From racist graffiti in schools to daily microaggressions and police profiling, rally testimonials highlighted that issues surrounding racism are still very much local issues.— Ryan J. Degan

The War on Drugs, cloaked in race-neutral language, offered whites opposed to racial reform a unique opportunity to express their hostility toward blacks and black progress, without being exposed to the charge of racism.— Michelle Alexander

2a: the systemic oppression of a racial group to the social, economic, and political advantage of another
specifically : WHITE SUPREMACY sense 2 institutional racism

One of the many ruses racism achieves is the virtual erasure of historical contributions by people of color.— Angela Y. Davis

Discriminatory housing practices, redlining neighborhoods, underfunded education, lack of access to healthcare, racial profiling, police brutality and mass incarceration are just a few examples of cage wires that all together contribute to structural racism.— Sylvia Luetmer

Our nation faces a fork in the road and a decision to either continue down the same path of systemic racism or to confront our past honestly.— Bree Newsome

"People of color, low-income people, and Indigenous peoples have been made especially vulnerable through decades of environmental racism: policies that intentionally concentrate pollution and toxic hazards in our communities."— Michele Roberts

b: a political or social system founded on racism and designed to execute its principles
In 1913 the Natives Land Act reserved 90% of the country for whites, who then made up 21% of the population.
Under the formalised racism of apartheid 3.5m blacks were forcibly moved to isolated reservations called "homelands."— The Economist

Notice what is not included in the definitions or the examples- The claim that somebody who talks about legitimate racial issues is practicing racism. Posting about systemic racism is not racism. Discussing the American record of racism is not racism. There is a difference between saying whites are racists than saying whites who pracice racism, white racists, white right wingers, or white right wing extremists. Each of these things describe a subculture inside of the white race.

Definition of subculture

1a: a culture (as of bacteria) derived from another culture
b: an act or instance of producing a subculture
2: an ethnic, regional, economic, or social group exhibiting characteristic patterns of behavior sufficient to distinguish it from others within an embracing culture or society.
a: criminal subculture

Blacks and other people of color have not been blaiming everybody white for racism. While all whites are not racists, there is a subculture that is. Unfortunately some of that subculture exists here. And they are the one whining and compaining about black racism or anti white racism or discrimination. Now you guys can do your whataboutisms and claim there is a black racist subculture. You are welcome to provide evidence of how that black racist subculture is supported by public policy, law enforcement/criminal justice, business, education and politics. Find me the political party thal party that supports black extremists and show me a report where members of groups like the NBPP are infiltrating law enforcement. Show me the history of policies made by blacks that have denied whites of opportunity. Blacks calling a white person the h word or whatever is not the same thing.

"The term gaslighting, as you might already know, refers to a particular type of emotional abuse where someone is made to question the validity of their experiences, feelings, and beliefs.

When this form of manipulation is used specifically to undermine or minimize someone’s experiences of racism, it’s called racial gaslighting."

Examples of racial gaslighting

“Yes, slavery happened, but that’s in the past,” or “We shouldn’t focus on just the faults of [problematic historical figure].”

“Stop playing the race card.”

“I don’t see color.”

"The “All Lives Matter” movement. This racist rebuttal to the Black Lives Matter movement effectively dismisses the issue of racism, even prompting some Black Lives Matter supporters to reconsider their beliefs."

“Racial gaslighting allows white groups to assuage their guilt and shirk responsibility while continually laying blame at the feet of those their privilege harms the most.”

This is what we see exhibited here. It's primarily done by the right although at least 2 who claim to be liberal, JoeB and Sealybobo do it also.
According to your definitions of racism, very few white posters resemble them.

Race is a social construct and a concept which signifies and symbolizes social conflicts and interests by referring to different types of human bodies. (Omi & Winant, 1994, p.54)

Racism is belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race (Omi & Winant, 1994, p.54)

Racism is a SYSTEM. It is not an individual character flaw, nor a personal moral failing, nor a psychiatric illness. It is a system (consisting of structures, policies, practices, and norms) that structures opportunity and assigns value based on phenotype, or the way people look. It unfairly disadvantages some individuals and communities. Yet even more profoundly, the system of racism undermines realization of the full potential of our whole society because of the waste of human resources.

Source: Center for the Study of Racism, Social Justice & Health

Racial Equity is the condition that would be achieved if one's racial identity no longer predicted, in a statistical sense, how one fares. When we use the term, we are thinking about racial equity as one part of racial justice, and thus we also include work to address root causes of inequities, not just their manifestation. This includes elimination of policies, practices, attitudes, and cultural messages that reinforce differential outcomes by race or that fail to eliminate them.

Source (Center for Assessmet and Policy Development

True….and yet he continues to lash out with “racist!” at every white who disagrees with him.
No, it's not true and you disagree with documented evidence so this isn't a matter of disagreement. You have been shown fact. You have nothing to disagree with. And then you continue posting a lie that falsely stereotypes a race of people.

Not to mention the fact that he has devoted tens of thousands of posts towards trying to establish that race is the fundamental determinant of human traits.
No, thats what you have done. Because I have stated my opposition to what would be called a subculture with the white community that openly has exhibited the behavior described.

Forum List

Back