Zone1 Let's Take A Look at What Racism is DEFINED to Be

I wonder if the OP realizes that with his constant negative drumbeat that he probably has created
a large percentage of racists on this very message board.
Browbeating never gets the desired results
Well you see, that blame shifting stuff doesn't work. I cannot create racists by pointing out racism. By your logic, talking about crime has created more criminals. You really think you make sense when you say silly stuff like this.

Last edited:
Definition of racism

1: a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

also : behavior or attitudes that reflect and foster this belief : racial discrimination or prejudice

2a: the systemic oppression of a racial group to the social, economic, and political advantage of another

b: a political or social system founded on racism and designed to execute its principles

This behavior is exhibited in this thread by most of those in opposition. There is a subculture in the white community that denies their own racism then claims to be victims of racism when people point out their racism. They dishonestly claim that any reference to THAT PARTICULAR SUBCULTURE is a claim of an inherent trait for the whole race. But it's not and that's why whites who know it's not agree with things I say.

rac·ism
/ˈrāˌsizəm/

noun
  1. a label black people use to excuse any and all failings by pointing at a person or group, or anything, really, that is not black and yelling, "das raycis!"
    "ebry ting be raycis!"
In order to gain an advantage over the target of their racial hatred.

Definition of racism

1: a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

also : behavior or attitudes that reflect and foster this belief : racial discrimination or prejudice

2a: the systemic oppression of a racial group to the social, economic, and political advantage of another

b: a political or social system founded on racism and designed to execute its principles

This behavior is exhibited in this thread by most of those in opposition. There is a subculture in the white community that denies their own racism then claims to be victims of racism when people point out their racism. They dishonestly claim that any reference to THAT PARTICULAR SUBCULTURE is a claim of an inherent trait for the whole race. But it's not and that's why whites who know it's not agree with things I say.
Definition of racism

Ladino elites used racism to justify the displacement and enslavement of the indigenous population, and these beliefs, along with the resentment created by the continued exploitation of indigenous land and labor, culminated in the Guatemalan Civil War (1960-1996).— Mariana Calvo…

how do we begin undoing the processes of internalized hatred and internalized racism?— bell hooks

The kind of trenchant racism to which black people have persistently been subjected can never be defeated by making its victims more respectable. The essence of American racism is disrespect.— Imani Perry

From racist graffiti in schools to daily microaggressions and police profiling, rally testimonials highlighted that issues surrounding racism are still very much local issues.— Ryan J. Degan

The War on Drugs, cloaked in race-neutral language, offered whites opposed to racial reform a unique opportunity to express their hostility toward blacks and black progress, without being exposed to the charge of racism.— Michelle Alexander

specifically : WHITE SUPREMACY sense 2 institutional racism

One of the many ruses racism achieves is the virtual erasure of historical contributions by people of color.— Angela Y. Davis

Discriminatory housing practices, redlining neighborhoods, underfunded education, lack of access to healthcare, racial profiling, police brutality and mass incarceration are just a few examples of cage wires that all together contribute to structural racism.— Sylvia Luetmer

Our nation faces a fork in the road and a decision to either continue down the same path of systemic racism or to confront our past honestly.— Bree Newsome

"People of color, low-income people, and Indigenous peoples have been made especially vulnerable through decades of environmental racism: policies that intentionally concentrate pollution and toxic hazards in our communities."— Michele Roberts

In 1913 the Natives Land Act reserved 90% of the country for whites, who then made up 21% of the population.
Under the formalised racism of apartheid 3.5m blacks were forcibly moved to isolated reservations called "homelands."— The Economist

Notice what is not included in the definitions or the examples- The claim that somebody who talks about legitimate racial issues is practicing racism. Posting about systemic racism is not racism. Discussing the American record of racism is not racism. There is a difference between saying whites are racists than saying whites who pracice racism, white racists, white right wingers, or white right wing extremists. Each of these things describe a subculture inside of the white race.

Definition of subculture

1a: a culture (as of bacteria) derived from another culture
b: an act or instance of producing a subculture
2: an ethnic, regional, economic, or social group exhibiting characteristic patterns of behavior sufficient to distinguish it from others within an embracing culture or society.
a: criminal subculture

Blacks and other people of color have not been blaiming everybody white for racism. While all whites are not racists, there is a subculture that is. Unfortunately some of that subculture exists here. And they are the one whining and compaining about black racism or anti white racism or discrimination. Now you guys can do your whataboutisms and claim there is a black racist subculture. You are welcome to provide evidence of how that black racist subculture is supported by public policy, law enforcement/criminal justice, business, education and politics. Find me the political party thal party that supports black extremists and show me a report where members of groups like the NBPP are infiltrating law enforcement. Show me the history of policies made by blacks that have denied whites of opportunity. Blacks calling a white person the h word or whatever is not the same thing.

"The term gaslighting, as you might already know, refers to a particular type of emotional abuse where someone is made to question the validity of their experiences, feelings, and beliefs.

When this form of manipulation is used specifically to undermine or minimize someone’s experiences of racism, it’s called racial gaslighting."

Examples of racial gaslighting

“Yes, slavery happened, but that’s in the past,” or “We shouldn’t focus on just the faults of [problematic historical figure].”

“Stop playing the race card.”

“I don’t see color.”

"The “All Lives Matter” movement. This racist rebuttal to the Black Lives Matter movement effectively dismisses the issue of racism, even prompting some Black Lives Matter supporters to reconsider their beliefs."

“Racial gaslighting allows white groups to assuage their guilt and shirk responsibility while continually laying blame at the feet of those their privilege harms the most.”

This is what we see exhibited here. It's primarily done by the right although at least 2 who claim to be liberal, JoeB and Sealybobo do it also.

I suppose you will deny any black racism was involved.

rac·ism
/ˈrāˌsizəm/

noun
  1. a label black people use to excuse any and all failings by pointing at a person or group, or anything, really, that is not black and yelling, "das raycis!"
    "ebry ting be raycis!"
That's not the dictionary definition. It is only the right wing extremist definition and that definiton doesn't count. Especially when the people who make up that particular definition fit the original agreed to and accepted definition of the term.

I suppose you will deny any black racism was involved.
What I will deny is you trying to equate an assault and battery with 246 years of laws and policies at every level of government(1776-2022) that denied blacks and other people of color rights and opportunities. Now when you learn to stop making such false equivalences to excuse what has and continues to be done, we can have a decent discussion on race.

Racism is a SYSTEM. It is not an individual character flaw, nor a personal moral failing, nor a psychiatric illness. It is a system (consisting of structures, policies, practices, and norms) that structures opportunity and assigns value based on phenotype, or the way people look.
Complete and utter nonsense. You are once again trying to conflate Systemic Racism with Individual Racism and I'm not going to let you get away with it. Provide a concrete example of the existence of Systemic Racism and what entity or organization is practicing Systemic Racism TODAY. Not 200 years ago. Not 100 years ago. Not 60 years ago. TODAY.

As I have stated numerous times there are still plenty of individuals of ALL SKIN COLORS who are Racists. Fortunately the majority of individuals today are not Racists. That was not the case 60 years ago but it is today.

Complete and utter nonsense. You are once again trying to conflate Systemic Racism with Individual Racism and I'm not going to let you get away with it. Provide a concrete example of the existence of Systemic Racism and what entity or organization is practicing Systemic Racism TODAY. Not 200 years ago. Not 100 years ago. Not 60 years ago. TODAY.

As I have stated numerous times there are still plenty of individuals of ALL SKIN COLORS who are Racists. Fortunately the majority of individuals today are not Racists. That was not the case 60 years ago but it is today.
What YOU won't do is irrelevant. I don't have to prove anything to you. Systemic racism exists today. Right now. 60 years ago whites were saying that the majority of individuals weren't racists. So just face the fact that you're wrong and don't play the prove it game with me anymore. You've been shown countless examples of systemic racism. So if you're looking for examples of jim crow racism as evidence, you need to go ask Ford if they will still sell you a Model T. Racism isn't done that way anymore and you know it.

What I will deny is you trying to equate an assault and battery with 246 years of laws and policies at every level of government(1776-2022) that denied blacks and other people of color rights and opportunities. Now when you learn to stop making such false equivalences to excuse what has and continues to be done, we can have a decent discussion on race.
You wouldn’t know what a decent conversation is. I didn’t equate anything to anything. You don’t admit that blacks can be racist, even with proof. What I posted has ZERO to do with 246 years of laws and policies. You are in denial and completely ignore any information that goes against your warped view of truth. The laws and policies today are not the same as they were 246 years ago. WAKE THE HELL UP

What YOU won't do is irrelevant. I don't have to prove anything to you. Systemic racism exists today. Right now. 60 years ago whites were saying that the majority of individuals weren't racists. So just face the fact that you're wrong and don't play the prove it game with me anymore. You've been shown countless examples of systemic racism. So if you're looking for examples of jim crow racism as evidence, you need to go ask Ford if they will still sell you a Model T. Racism isn't done that way anymore and you know it.
Give us three examples of systemic racism. I don’t think you know the meaning of the word.

I don't have to prove anything to you. Systemic racism exists today.
Case closed. You can't cite a SINGLE EXAMPLE of Systemic Racism present in our society TODAY. You have to keep going back to history "60 years ago white people were blah blah blah".

Systemic Racism has been replaced by Systemic favoritism for Black people in academics, corporations, entertainment and government.

So, how is systemic racism done today?

I mean, besides affirmative action, black actors dominating television commercials, corporations implementing cancel culture and the like.

So, how is systemic racism done today?

I mean, besides affirmative action, black actors dominating television commercials, corporations implementing cancel culture and the like.
Exactly! All IM2 can do is lecture on history. I've pinned him down and he has nowhere to go. There is NO systemic racism in America today and as you point out, that has been replaced by "systemic favoritism" for Black people.

Exactly! All IM2 can do is lecture on history. I've pinned him down and he has nowhere to go. There is NO systemic racism in America today and as you point out, that has been replaced by "systemic favoritism" for Black people.
Agree. It’s all a big lie. Even that summer of BLM rampage - murders, assaults, arsons, billions in property damage - was kicked off by an incident that wasn’t even related to race!

If you go through posts by the black activists, they are constantly bringing up racist laws from 1792, or 1892, or even 1962. Nowadays, there is a complete reversal - by intent - where blacks enjoy massive favoritism and obnoxious anti-white practices are advanced.

All you have to do is reverse the races to see it. Can you imagine a class entitled “The Problem with Blackness?” Or “No Blacks on Campus Day”? Or “No blacks will be considered for the position of VP”? What about “two salary scales for teachers, and blacks will be paid less for the same job”?

The examples go on and on.

It's all about OPM.
Day in, day out, racism-blah-blah-blah = I'm a loser who wants to be paid because people the same color as me allowed themselves to be oppressed in the past.

Give us three examples of systemic racism. I don’t think you know the meaning of the word.
Cutting in here with a very interesting website that addresses systemic racism and recent studies: I especially liked the video.
Although, I'm sure there will be many who won't.

Cutting in here with a very interesting website that addresses systemic racism and recent studies: I especially liked the video.
Although, I'm sure there will be many who won't.

Everything that Ben and Jerry talk about are NOT examples of "Systemic Racism". In 6 of the 7 examples, they are talking about economic and educational inequalities in Blacks compared to Whites but there are multiple reasons for that. Systemic Racism is not among them since every educational and corporate entity has been bending over backwards to pull them up. As a group they are making progress albeit slowly. Then of course they bring up profiling which is reasonable, but ultimately is not systemic racism. There is no dictated policy from police leadership to pull over Black people more than white people. I know that happens, but that is at the discretion of the officer and yes there are some racist police officers. THat is INDIVIDUAL RACISM NOT SYSTEMIC RACISM as I have explained to my friend IM2 many times.

So your video has failed to provide real evidence of systemic racism. Can you provide a concrete example of systemic racism?

Forum List

Back