Lets Say, Trump Chooses Tim Scott For Vice President. How Would The Far Left React?

I haven't said anything racist. You on the right seem to conflate me saying white right wingers or white racists to mean all white people. Then we have your reference to a Democratic plantation.. Last, why do we have to agree with black "conservatives" when white republiicans call white Democrats all kinds of things.. Is this because you don't like independent thinking? Do you think white people are only allowed to have one set of opinions?
No, I simply have my own opinions and can disagree. I don't, however, delve into calling other people racists or other names designed to take attention away from the ideas being discussed. Think about it, what purpose is served by incessantly calling people racist who simply disagree with your opinions? I see you continually trying to lump me in with other people who really are racists, and by doing so, you attempt to ignore what I say instead of thinking it through. Why is someone a racist simply for opposing reparations as proposed, just for one example, and pointing out weaknesses and flaws in the proposal? Why is someone a racist who says we should bring back beat cops so people in the neighborhoods learn to know and trust them? You yell, "racist" but never stop to notice that I don't put down black people, don't consider them inferior, and in fact say democrats are treating minorities with paternalistic contempt because their actions show they believe black people can't succeed without white liberals' help. Again, how is it racist to point out that black Americans have been voting democrat for decades and you say things aren't much better?

Are causing record oil production.

Supply way up.
The problem must reside with the people setting the prices.
Do you know who sets the world crude oil prices and how speculators distort those prices?

No, it's inflation.
Caused by the people setting prices.

Let us take rent in Florida.
Taxes haven't gone up
Maintenance costs have increased some
but
Not nearly enough to account for the 2-3-4 hundred percent increase in rents.

What accounts for this?
GREED.

Caused by the people setting prices.

Let us take rent in Florida.
Taxes haven't gone up
Maintenance costs have increased some
but
Not nearly enough to account for the 2-3-4 hundred percent increase in rents.

What accounts for this?
GREED.
Regulations.

How about blaming it on Chinese buying up property here? Or “American-owned” Taiwanese Microchip corporations like TSMC?

Oh, and how about some statistics. Do you accept Dadoalex ‘s proposition that rents in Florida are up 2-, 3-, 400 percent? Where exactly? Since when?

:dunno:

How about blaming it on Chinese buying up property here? Or American-owned Taiwanese Microchip corporations like TSMC?

Oh, and how about some statistics. Do you accept Dadoalex ‘s proposition that rents in Florida are up 2-, 3-, 400 percent? Where exactly? Since when?

:dunno:
Rents are up all across the country.

Tim Scott would decline for the same reason he ended his campaign. He just got engaged. He would not subject his newly betrothed to the bimbo brigade. Democrats will select a few tearful victims from the stable and put them in front of every camera. Scott has already been accused of being gay. His accusers will include several effeminate men who will break down over high school groping.

Nope not gonna do that to anyone.

No, I simply have my own opinions and can disagree. I don't, however, delve into calling other people racists or other names designed to take attention away from the ideas being discussed. Think about it, what purpose is served by incessantly calling people racist who simply disagree with your opinions? I see you continually trying to lump me in with other people who really are racists, and by doing so, you attempt to ignore what I say instead of thinking it through. Why is someone a racist simply for opposing reparations as proposed, just for one example, and pointing out weaknesses and flaws in the proposal? Why is someone a racist who says we should bring back beat cops so people in the neighborhoods learn to know and trust them? You yell, "racist" but never stop to notice that I don't put down black people, don't consider them inferior, and in fact say democrats are treating minorities with paternalistic contempt because their actions show they believe black people can't succeed without white liberals' help. Again, how is it racist to point out that black Americans have been voting democrat for decades and you say things aren't much better?
You can't see the racism in your opinions. What are the weaknesses and flaws in reparations for blacks?

Your comments about Blacks and democrats is racist.. Blacks were Republican for 100 yeearss and all we got was Jim Crow. And don't blame Democrats as if they created Jim Crow by themselves. Republicans think we are inferior. Look at this forum. White Democrats listen and don't disagree with everything we say for no other reason than they are white and say so. You really don't have any valid opposition to reparations. Other groups have recieved reparations in modern times for things done before you were born. How about accepting that systemic racism is real and the get the racists out of law enforcement? How about understanding that I we vote for democrats based on policy, not because white liberals tell us anything? Racism is more than slurs and you put down blacks every time you say to a black person they are on a plantation because they vote Democrat or that we don't think independently because we don't accept the white "conservative" narrative of "'black culture" like black "conservative do..

Somebody pays with any reparation. Who should be paying? The children of the children of the children of the children of the children of the children of the children of the children of the children of the children of those who probably had slaves? How can you tell them apart from anyone else? Disregard how there should have been adequate reparations to those alive from those who were alive after emancipation right after the Civil War. If it didn't happen, what would happen 160 years later will not make that right, and only impact some people alive that much later in a different society of different individuals. Are people disadvantaged from previous circumstances? Yes. There is basis for help that should be given to those really worse off with being disadvantaged regardless of how the disadvantages came to be.

You can't see the racism in your opinions.
Of course not, just like, for you, when all you have on your toolbelt is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. IOW, the only discussion point you're willing to talk about is white racism, so anyone opposed to you in any way is, in your mind, a racist or is motivated by racism. I am, however, willing to listen. Obviously, you've had a very different experience in life than I have, and it's worth hearing what you've experienced. Let's be honest though. If you don't want actual discussion and just want to rail against white people, say so and you'll get white racists riled up, no one will discuss racism constructively with you, and the rest of us will ignore the whole thing. That sounds like a lot of useless handwaving to me, but sometimes that's all people actually want.
What are the weaknesses and flaws in reparations for blacks?
You're using a broad generalization to define the argument while I think it's more nuanced than that. Here's my take on it and note that I'm not outright rejecting the IDEA of reparations. Blacks were undoubtedly harmed by then-legal mistreatment, and no one can pretend it didn't happen.

1. The very way you put it, "reparations for blacks" makes it a skin-color-based payout, which violates federal anti-discrimination laws. We're going to have to do something about that, or the laws will become meaningless.
2. Based on 1, you'd have to focus reparations on actual mistreatment of blacks in history, so let's start with slavery. Now, we have white people who have slaves or former slaves in their family trees, so if you want to prevent white descendant of slaves from collecting payments, you're stuck with someone visually inspecting applicants to ensure that only black people get payments, which again violates federal anti-discrimination laws.
3. Jim Crow. There you have the most solid argument for reparations, pure and simple because it's recent and relatively easy for people to prove they or their immediate ancestors suffered from them, and you should focus on that. You would, of course, need to ensure that only those blacks who can prove they or their family members suffered under those laws got reparations. A black man whose family lived in states without Jim Crow laws, for example, should not be able to collect based on them. A black family that immigrated from Africa after those laws were struck down would not be able to collect. IOW, skin color would not be the determining factor. Again, though, you have white people with black relatives who suffered under Jim Crow. A white man or woman who married a black person in some places suffered along with their loved one because of racism. Should not they and their family members also receive reparations?

This is what I mean when I say we need to dig into the details and make some hard decisions instead of just saying, "All black people get payments because reasons and feelz and stuff". Does that make sense? If we are going to atone for the mistreatments of the past, let's atone for actual mistreatment, not just throw a lot of money in the air and call it a day.
Your comments about Blacks and democrats is racist..
No, they are not. I believe democrats view blacks with paternalistic contempt, based on the way democrats show up in black churches only while they're running for office, make all kinds of promises, get people angry, then ignore blacks and their promises the rest of the time. I also believe it because democrats treat blacks as if they are incompetent and need democrats' help to succeed, when we all know that we just need to get out of their way and they'll do fine. Now, that is not to say that we do not have situations that need to be addressed, such as crime and poverty in primarily black neighborhoods, but we should be able to do that without suffocating everyone under yet more expensive government programs that don't accomplish much.
Blacks were Republican for 100 yeearss and all we got was Jim Crow. And don't blame Democrats as if they created Jim Crow by themselves.
You can't escape, however, that the states that enacted Jim Crow laws were dominated by democrats at the time. If you want today's white people to take responsibility for things their ancestors did, you can't absolve the democrat party for Jim Crow and the KKK because Quid Pro Joe shows up in some black churches during campaign season, seeking votes. I see you simultaneously saying that white people need to do this, or that, and stuff, because their ancestors did things while saying that Republicans are responsible today for things that democrats did yesterday. Why is it so difficult for you to acknowledge that racism doesn't honor political party lines? I absolutely do.
Republicans think we are inferior. Look at this forum.
Translation, racists everywhere think you are inferior, and I believe democrats view blacks with contempt, as stated before. Here's a clue, don't take what you see on a forum as indicative of how people think IRL. What you see on here is a bunch of people trying to get a rise out of someone else. Sure, there are actual racists, and I think we know who they are, but you could probably have a beer with or live next door to most of the posters on here and be perfectly fine.
White Democrats listen and don't disagree with everything we say for no other reason than they are white and say so.
White Republicans don't automatically disagree with you because they are white and just say so either. No, democrats just view you with contempt and pity you as inferior. To me, it's the worst kind of racism because they honestly believe they're helping the "poor negros" who don't know any better and who just can't succeed without the white man's help. They don't see their racism because they think their intentions are good.
You really don't have any valid opposition to reparations. Other groups have recieved reparations in modern times for things done before you were born.
See above for what I actually oppose vs what you think I oppose. You either have the monumental task of separating out those who actually suffered under slavery and Jim Crow OR you have to go with a blanket, skin color-based solution, and that would face the most opposition.
How about accepting that systemic racism is real and the get the racists out of law enforcement?
You face more than racism there, because cops of all skin colors are more suspicious of black suspects than white. Cops are human too and react to what they see, and right now they see more violent opposition from black suspects than from white. That's going to have to change if you want cops to instinctively react the same way to black and white suspects. I've seen your posts, and do you not focus almost or totally exclusively on changing cops' behavior while ignoring or excusing black suspects' behavior? I know you think it's racist to even say this, but it's reality. I still say we need to bring back beat cops who walk the neighborhoods so residents get to know and trust them. None of this, however, is to say that there are no bad cops doing bad things, unfairly targeting black people, because there certainly are and they need to be rooted out.
How about understanding that I we vote for democrats based on policy, not because white liberals tell us anything?
Which policies have you been voting for that you've seen white democrats enact? Have you ever stepped back and looked at their track record to realize they're making a lot of empty promises and hold them accountable for making them? Heck, I've seen you reject and criticize a black man for actually doing something designed to help a neighborhood while supporting a white guy who's spewed racist rhetoric his entire life, and all, IMO, because of their respective party affiliation.
Racism is more than slurs and you put down blacks every time you say to a black person they are on a plantation because they vote Democrat
I can see where "plantation" would be triggering, and while I haven't said that in quite a while, I will refrain from doing so from now on. It's actually more of a slam against democrats who, again, have created a situation where blacks must vote democrat and say things supportive of the democrat party or face race-based consequences. Hence the plantation rhetoric.
or that we don't think independently because we don't accept the white "conservative" narrative of "'black culture" like black "conservative do..
No, I say you don't allow other blacks to think independently because you automatically reject and criticize anything a black person says that does not fall in line with the democrat party. You don't appear to even bother finding out what they're talking about and weighing it against societal reality. In so doing, your reality invalidates their reality. You don't seem to allow them their independent thoughts based on their unique experiences, instead insisting that they are not allowed to speak for the black community while you and only those who completely agree with you are allowed to so speak. I don't see a healthy debate about what they're saying, I see only outright rejection based, IMO, on their party affiliation.

Forum List

Back