Let's rename the Robert C Byrd HS too. He was KKK also

Nathan Bedford Forrest is one of those Democrats that conservatives bring up (indirectly)

when they're trying to disparage the Democratic Party as the party of racism.

Some of us didn't realize some of you meant that as a compliment.
In denial of your and your partys' past Carbonated?

Typical..and trying to blame the very mention on Conservatives to boot...

*ULTIMATE FAIL*

Take Byrd's name off of buildings and us West Virginians will riot. We love our former KKK overlords.

Corrected me if I am wrong but did the General in question do more then just be a grand klegal?

Should we put up buildings to just anyone?

Take Byrd's name off of buildings and us West Virginians will riot. We love our former KKK overlords.

What part of West BY GOD?...

:)

peace...
Where in WV yall from? My wife is from WV we visit every February.
Corrected me if I am wrong but did the General in question do more then just be a grand klegal?

Should we put up buildings to just anyone?
Forrest was the first Grand Wizard of the KKK. He was asked to lead them because of his past as a general in the CSA Army. He also shut down the Klan once the south was safe again for white women to not be raped by black criminals running loose after the south had lost the war. They don't remember him shutting it down or the fact he was not a founding member but a member after it had been founded.

peace...

I moved around a lot, so I was raised in a few places in West BY GOD Virginia. Clarksburg, Belington, Buckhannon...

In each of those towns you will probably find something named after Robert C. Byrd. I know Clarksburg has a high school named after him.

I moved to PA a little over a year ago, but the last place I lived in WV was Belington. Lived there for about 10 years, but have bounced back between PA and WV most of my childhood.

peace...
Indeed...LOVE Harper's Ferry...

Beautiful Country...

4298_1386709757.jpg

I moved to PA a little over a year ago, but the last place I lived in WV was Belington. Lived there for about 10 years, but have bounced back between PA and WV most of my childhood.
West Virginia is beautiful country....I plan a trip to Harper's Ferry (Which I have been to on AMTRAK)...but plan to go to visit the Cass Scenic Railway...

Back on topic...WHY the name change of a High School that has had the name for decades, for as long as I have been alive? (JEB Stuart Middle School used to be Forest High, before it was moved)...

WHO is tolerant? The Left? Why now? WHY the rush to change their history?

It's a waste of time and money...but then the left has a history of that as well.

Thank you - and my question still stands. Wallace was a low-life racist, anti-everybody. He was the backward, ignorant sort who might well have burned crosses but he apparently pulled dragged himself out the mud and was able to actually become a real man. Sure, I could be wrong but my question is simply -

Can a leopard change his stripes?

Can a monster like him redeem himself?

You liberals are the monsters for demanding affirmative action, the govt mandated persecution of white people. THAT'S A HATE CRIME, if i ever saw one.
Word..and you should go to your local police station and file a report!

Ah. She grew up in Wetzel county up near the Pa border. Most of her family still lives in 1 small town.

peace...
Indeed...LOVE Harper's Ferry...

Beautiful Country...

4298_1386709757.jpg
Man yer making me home sick even though I was born in Florida and raised in Ga. I consider WV my home...my wife's family treat me more like family than my own.

West Virginia is beautiful country....I plan a trip to Harper's Ferry (Which I have been to on AMTRAK)...but plan to go to visit the Cass Scenic Railway...

Wife has always talked about the Cass Scenic Railway but we ain't never been.

The dems forced the Nathan B Forrest school to change it's name on grounds that Nat was a former Klansman but so too was DEMOCRAT Byrd and we have a school named after him in West Virginia and that's allowed to stand!!! And Byrd is not ancient history like Nat. Byrd was in congress just a few years back.

Robert C. Byrd High School in CLARKSBURG, WV | Best High Schools | US News

Any party that re-elects the likes of Ted Kennedy isn't going to raise any alarms over Byrd.

Forum List

Back