Let's hear it for James Carville

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
James Carville mocked the far-left wing of the Democratic Party as “stupid” and “naive”

“I find the left to be just annoying,” Carville told Maher. “The western far left is habitually the most stupid, naive people you can imagine. They come up with these really goofy constructs and it’s all about feeling good about yourself.”

“What happened is, overeducated, coastal white people, got ahold of the word and [like] they do with everything else, they completely f—ked it up and pissed everybody in the country off,”

James Carville rips far-left Democrats on Bill Maher podcast: ‘Most stupid, naive people you can imagine’

Carville always reminded me of that comic book villian The Red Skull.

He's just mad they're supporters of Bernie over Hillary.

What kind of crazy rightwinger is he

He was Bill Clinton's campaign manager, among others. He is on CNN a lot.

After graduating from law school at Louisiana State University, James Carville practiced law for a brief period, before managing his first campaign in 1982.[1][2] In 1983, Carville managed Lloyd Doggett's (D) failed Texas gubernatorial campaign, but, in the process, gained the name the "Ragin' Cajun" and met Paul Begala, his future consulting partner.[1] Carville's first successful campaign was in 1986 with Pennsylvania gubernatorial candidate Robert Casey (D). Casey had run three times before, losing each time.[3]

In 1987, Carville led Wallace Wilkinson's (D) campaign for Kentucky governor. This was followed by Frank Lautenberg's (D-N.J.) Senate campaign, in which he defeated Pete Dawkins (R).[3] In 1989, Carville teamed up with former colleague Paul Begala to establish the Carville and Begala consulting firm, which focused on Democratic campaigns.[1] Carville worked on then-Georgia Lieutenant Governor Zell Miller's (D) successful 1990 gubernatorial campaign. In 1991, Carville managed Harris Wofford's (D-Pa.) campaign for U.S. Senate; Wofford was 40% behind in the polls, but won the election over former Pennsylvania governor and U.S. attorney general, Richard Thornburgh.[3][2]

Carville and Begala spearheaded Bill Clinton's (D) 1992 presidential campaign. Carville setup the "war room" in Little Rock, Ark., which served as the center of the Clinton's campaign.[4] After Clinton's victory, Carville won Campaign Manager of the Year by the American Association of Political Consultants for his work on the Clinton campaign. Clinton appointed Carville senior political advisor to the president once he took up the presidency.[1] While Carville was strategizing for Clinton's first presidential campaign in 1992, his wife Mary Matalin served as the deputy campaign manager for his opponent, incumbent George H.W. Bush.[5]

and more. Made Big Bux

Last edited:
I listened to this one when it dropped, it was alright. Bill just about had an orgasm with how closely he found someone who thought exactly like him.

It was kind of. . . well, a sappy bro-mance TBH.

I like the conversations where Bill gets a bit plastered, because his beliefs get too challenged for him to handle. It is like when Toro spends a lil' too much time paying attention to me. . . :laugh:

The most entertaining ones, since summer, IMO, were with Dr. Phil and John Mellencamp.

James Carville mocked the far-left wing of the Democratic Party as “stupid” and “naive”

“I find the left to be just annoying,” Carville told Maher. “The western far left is habitually the most stupid, naive people you can imagine. They come up with these really goofy constructs and it’s all about feeling good about yourself.”

“What happened is, overeducated, coastal white people, got ahold of the word and [like] they do with everything else, they completely f—ked it up and pissed everybody in the country off,”

James Carville rips far-left Democrats on Bill Maher podcast: ‘Most stupid, naive people you can imagine’

Like Maher, Carville gets it. And he knows that the ridiculous behavior & tactics of the Left over the last couple of decades helped usher in the Age of Orange.

But the Left absolutely refuses to admit it.

Last edited:

He's right.

Like Maher, Carville gets it. And he knows that the ridiculous behavior & tactics of the Left over the last couple of decades helped usher in the Age of Orange.

But the Left absolutely refuses to admit it.
Without Perot, he is nothing.

I’ve always appreciated James Carville’s down-home tell-it-like-it-is style. I especially like his criticism of the crazier aspects of liberal “feel good” cultural politics. But he often mistakes “cultural radicalism” — which only plays into the ruling elite’s need for division and disunity among our people (it is really often no more than “petty bourgeois” individualist identity politics) — with genuine “leftism.” I believe any intelligent “leftist” program must aim above all at reversing the rising economic and social inequality of American-style finance capitalism … in this way uniting working people.

Since Carville does support women’s reproductive rights, and a woman’s right to terminate an unwanted pregnancy, I am not worried about which side he is on concerning fundamental rights questions. I don’t trust him, however, on questions of corporate and tax reform, where I see him as pretty much a DNC centrist and a professional politician / political advisor … first and foremost.

Last edited:
The Democrat party has moved more to the left and Carville is a dinosaur.

He was always more entertaining than the average Burb Brat Democrat, and he would occassionally bash Bill Clinton's policies , when he wasn't on their payroll between election cycles.

Last edited:
Carville and Maher are old school liberals. Not many of them around these days.
Plenty of them around!

What is missing completely from the “Trump Party” are old school liberal Republicans!

Even socially liberal but honest & patriotic traditional-values-based & economic-based conservatives are being hounded out of the Republican Party and purged as … “RINOs.”

Forum List

Back