Lets have single payer at the state level

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Lets have single payer at the state level. The democrats control the senate, house and the governorship in Oregon but we don't have single payer.

Our democrats appear to be asleep at the state level in my state. It is sad.

If the red states want to work or die I think we should let them as long as we democrats in blue states can do what is needed in our states to provide a safetynet to all.

Lets have single payer at the state level. The democrats control the senate, house and the governorship in Oregon but we don't have single payer.

If the red states want to work or die I think we should let them as long as we democrats in blue states can do what is needed in our states to provide a safetynet to all.
Although I am inherently opposed to Single Payer, your idea has some merit.

Let's turn healthcare back to the states - create 50 incubators to attack the problem - and implement those things that work best for that particular area. If single payer (in Oregon) works, then states could choose to implement that approach.

If, on the other hand, Georgia creates a cost-effective, free market solution that outperforms Oregon's model, then Oregon voters can consider implementing it in their state.

Clearly, the answer is NOT one-size-fits-all federal government solution.

Ideas have to start somewhere.

Be a leader.

Implement single payer at your house.

Ideas have to start somewhere.

Be a leader.

Implement single payer at your house.
Oh, there is ... believe me, there is

At least that would be constitutional. The tenth amendment clearly bans any federal involvement with a national health care system. The SC lied as usual.

Better yet is to let the private sector handle health care.

Go for it.

It is your state and if the majority agrees with you, well then do it!

Do not ask for a Federal bailout when it fails...

Forum List

Back