Let's Do A Water Fast

Your fast is way too long.
Ever go cold turkey from caffeine? Most people get headaches and feel like garbage for a few days after.
I've seen the people in the malls like clockwork going to get that Starbucks coffee as if they are addicted to it. Especially around 3-4 pm the exact same people have to have it.

If you have to have your coffee then that's your decision to make. This drink water fast is not for you. This is for the water fanatics. Those who can pull away from a few other beverages and chose water instead. It's for 7 days but also one day at a time.

no juices, no milk, no sodas, no blended smoothies, no malts, no slushes, no snow cones, no tea, no coffee, no beer, no liquor/alcohol, no wines, etc... Starting July 5-July 11.

Only water. This is NOT a fast from food. We can eat whatever we normally eat, but as far as what we drink it will be ONLY water for 7 days.
View attachment 971863
Hard pass. Gotta has teh coffee. (with milk)

Congratulations :thewave: :hyper::TH_WAY~113:

...to those of you who completed Day-1 of the water fast. You should be very proud of yourselves for drinking nothing but delicious water for a full day (six more days you can do it).

Congratulations :thewave: :hyper::TH_WAY~113:

...to those of you who completed Day-1 of the water fast. You should be very proud of yourselves for drinking nothing but delicious water for a full day (six more days you can do it).
Mmm..good coffee! :coffee:

In your defense, I drink a lot of water. Right out the tap or hose or spigot, baby!

Have about 8 oz of soda with a meal every other or 2 meals.

Congratulations on completing Day 2 of the drink only water fast while eating whatever you want.

Yeah! You are in control :yes_text12: :)

Rattle those cowbells :cow:Day 3 is complete and yes we made it through. This was my hardest day to stay on track (eating as usual) drinking only water and no other beverages. I kept wanting that popsicle, but I resisted.

Take this time to be proud of yourselves, and I know your body feels cleansed and relieved, so hang in there for 4 more days. Take it one day at a time.:5_1_12024:

Mmm..good coffee! :coffee:

In your defense, I drink a lot of water. Right out the tap or hose or spigot, baby!

Have about 8 oz of soda with a meal every other or 2 meals.

A tasty cup of dark roast coffee.

Ok, another couple of these and we can start the week.

no juices, no milk, no sodas, no blended smoothies, no malts, no slushes, no snow cones, no tea, no coffee, no beer, no liquor/alcohol, no wines, etc... Starting July 5-July 11.

Only water. This is NOT a fast from food. We can eat whatever we normally eat, but as far as what we drink it will be ONLY water for 7 days.
View attachment 971863

This is my normal drink.

I haven't had anything other than water for weeks now. Sometimes I drink tea as a caffeine boost.

A tasty cup of dark roast coffee.

Ok, another couple of these and we can start the week.
yes, I understand that some people need their coffee. I grew up as a kid watching both of my parents go straight for that coffee each morning.

As an adult I just took to coffee nor to any type of liquors or wines. I never took to the drinks that are customarily associated with being an adult.

Aside from avoiding lemonade it's pretty easy for me to drink only water for seven days.

I just learned that caffeine is a drug. I did not know that. Caffeine is a stimulant, and it is the most commonly used drug in the world.

Some people opt for decaffeinated coffee which is coffee that has most of the caffeine removed from it. It has some caffeine (drug) left in it, but most of it removed. Some of the information I found states:

"Caffeine is a stimulant and the most commonly used drug in the world. Benefits can include increased alertness, energy, and concentration. However, it can also lead to insomnia and headaches."

I just learned that caffeine is a drug. I did not know that. Caffeine is a stimulant, and it is the most commonly used drug in the world.

Some people opt for decaffeinated coffee which is coffee that has most of the caffeine removed from it. It has some caffeine (drug) left in it, but most of it removed. Some of the information I found states:

"Caffeine is a stimulant and the most commonly used drug in the world. Benefits can include increased alertness, energy, and concentration. However, it can also lead to insomnia and headaches."

Caffeine in coffee is what made my career function and my retirement possible.

Day 4 Accomplished :mm:

So far we have gone four full days and nights straight with 100% water as our beverage of choice. Half way there. You can do it.

I don't even have my popsicles to entice me any more. Due to no electricity from Hurricane Beryl everything in the freezer melted. No worries, after Thursday we will buy some more.

Even for Communion on Sunday it was water-not juice.

Caffeine in coffee is what made my career function and my retirement possible.
I have a question for you.

After you completed your career, and retired were you ever able to pull away from drinking coffee for any length of time or did it become a necessity?

This morning after putting water in my face I looked up at the mirror and noticed my eyes were glossy white as if they were two days old.

That's very interesting how that happens from drinking only water for four days straight. (still have 3 more days to go):)

Day 5 completed... You over-achiever you. 👑

Last two days. You can relax now you got this :bigbed:

Good Job! :woohoo:

Completion of day 6 is in the wind, and the last day of all water as a beverage is about to begin. :happy-1:

Forum List

Back