Let's ditch term limits for Presidents

:baby4: :sleepy1:

A brilliant come back. Are you suggesting Junior should be king for life? Would that excite you? Would you be even more excited if Junior walked around naked and no one notices but a little boy? Would you give the little boy the same simlie if he pointed out the lack of a pecker on Junior? Does the fact that Junior likes to cut farts in your face turn you on?

A brilliant come back. Are you suggesting Junior should be king for life? Would that excite you? Would you be even more excited if Junior walked around naked and no one notices but a little boy? Would you give the little boy the same simlie if he pointed out the lack of a pecker on Junior? Does the fact that Junior likes to cut farts in your face turn you on?

You remind me a spoiled child having a temper tantrum.

You had a lousy candidate in 2004 and a lying and arrogrant crook in 2000

I do not see anyone on your side who can win the White House in 08.

While Republicans have several candidate who will crush the Dems like a can at a recycling center

:sleepy1:

You remind me a spoiled child having a temper tantrum.

You had a lousy candidate in 2004 and a lying and arrogrant crook in 2000

I do not see anyone on your side who can win the White House in 08.

While Republicans have several candidate who will crush the Dems like a can at a recycling center

Quit drinking the Kool-Aid homey. Elections aren't about the candidates anymore. They are about issues. The issue at hand is Iraq. Gallup is showing that only a third of the country is happy with the way the war is going. This translates into a turn over in the midterms. As for 2008, the Democrats have more going for them than the GOP, especially for moderates. If the GOP loses half of its moderates to the Dems then thats 25% of there base and poof, Joe Biden is President. As for Dems that could win the Presidency:

Biden
Dashle
Clinton
Obama

These people could win. You don't think this is so, because it has been a while since you lost. There were lots of Republicans that said there was no way an unknown Governor from Arkansas could beat defeat a sitting President.

Quit drinking the Kool-Aid homey. Elections aren't about the candidates anymore. They are about issues. The issue at hand is Iraq. Gallup is showing that only a third of the country is happy with the way the war is going. This translates into a turn over in the midterms. As for 2008, the Democrats have more going for them than the GOP, especially for moderates. If the GOP loses half of its moderates to the Dems then thats 25% of there base and poof, Joe Biden is President. As for Dems that could win the Presidency:

Biden
Dashle
Clinton
Obama

These people could win. You don't think this is so, because it has been a while since you lost. There were lots of Republicans that said there was no way an unknown Governor from Arkansas could beat defeat a sitting President.

Republicans will gain a small number of seats in the midterms. The political tide is turning.

As far as your liberal All Star team - you are drinking but something stronger then Kool Aid.

Biden tried and failed before, and was busted for plagiarism. Dashle is a has been - a minority leader who lost reelection. I do hope the Red Queen is your choice in 08. She will crash and burn in a beautiful explosion. Osama Obama? What has he done to warrent a crack at the White House? It does give the libs a chance to play the race card daily if anyone disagrees with him in public.

None of those libs would win the Electoral College, and that decides the winner in Presidental elections

The number one issue is the war on terror and protecting the country. Libs cannot and will not do it correctly.

To libs terrorism is a legal issue and not a act of war. Libs would rather take them to the UN and give them a lecture on their bad behavior. Followed up by a stern warning.

Clinotn did that for 8 years and we got 9-11 for all his "efforts"

Please get some new material. You have lost three national elections (and a fourth one soon) because you keep running on hate.

Just because I don't put this guy up on a pedestal and address him in the same terms as one would address a dictator doesn't mean I am a Democrat or that I endorse their pathetic showing in the last couple of elections.

OK if you want me to get on topic, if we didn't have term limits Clinton would still be there. Would that make the person who started this topic happy?:cry: He wouldn't be talking about giving the reins permanently to Bush because Bush would never have been elected.

Furthermore, has anyone looked at what the presidency does to age a man? Both Clinton and Bush looked seriously depleted and rapidly aging during their presidencies. I personally think the job is too hard and too big for one man to carry on more than 8 years.

I do chuckle when sore loser libs call Pres Bush a dictator or Hitler. Libs have no restrictions to sprew their venom and hate, and I know of no libs locked up by the Police.

The problem with libs is a simple one for all to see. They have lost their political power to a man they dismissed as an idiot. They were so cocky and arrograntin 2000 and were shocked whent he folks voted against them.

I oppose term limits because the folks can vote them out of office. This election cycle so far has many many incumbants defeated in the primaries. This Novemebr will be a good one for republicans, and then during the Holiday season we will have to endure more liberal excuses and charges the election was rigged.

I do chuckle when sore loser libs call Pres Bush a dictator or Hitler. .

Your reading comprehension is poor. I didn't call Bush a dictator, I ridiculed bushlover for addressing him as one. The Nazis said "our Fuhrer" he says "our Bush" and "our president".

Bush is far from a dictator.

Your reading comprehension is poor. I didn't call Bush a dictator, I ridiculed bushlover for addressing him as one. The Nazis said "our Fuhrer" he says "our Bush" and "our president".

Bush is far from a dictator.

Your superiority complex is in severe mode today

This is too weird. Junior hasn't even won an election. The first one was handed to him via Scalia, the second one is riddled with dubious counts in Ohio.

A better idea would be to sent Junior and all his follwers to Iraq. Think of it as a place where all of you can smell the flowers together.

First, President Bush isn't a junior.

Second, President Bush has won many elections. His elections to Governor of Texas. He has twice been elected President.

In 2000, he won the original Florida Count. He won the mandatory recount. He won that hand recount. He won the fourth recount. He even won the media recounts that were done after it was all over using the most liberal methods in favor of Al Gore. At no point in time did Al Gore ever win Florida. There wasnt one count that pointed to him winning. And more importantly it was 6 years ago. Get over it.

In 2004, President Bush won with plenty of room to space. There were no "dubious" counts in Ohio. Just because you cant deal with the fact that you guys lost doesnt mean anything was wrong with the count. There was more dispute over the election results in Pennsylvania which went to Kerry with a smaller margin of error and where there was known election fraud by Mayor Street and Governor Rendell who preloaded the voting machines with votes and arranged for convicted felons to fill out absentee ballots illegally.

This is what psychologists call projection. You cant figure out how your cheating didnt help you win so you have to claim that the other person must have cheated despite the fact that there is no evidence to support it. In fact, its become typical democrat rhetorics. You cant possibly lose it had to have been stolen from you. Pull your head out of your ass and get over yourself.

Third, Justice Scalia is only one of nine justices of the Supreme Court. In order to have a case decide a majority have to support the ruling. As brilliant as Justice Scalia is, he can't become 5 people. Just deal with the fact that you got caught trying to steal the election and you are upset because the rule of law prevailed.

Fourth, The military overwhelming supports the President and is fighting in Iraq. And considering the amazing progress the military has made there they deserve every praise they recieve for bringing freedom to a former dictatorship.

Fifth, you better stop trolling and actually participate in the discussion with rational backed up thoughts/arguments or you wont last long here.

Cute to see such faith. When you say "our Bush" and "our President" it has the ring of "Our Fuhrer".

First, "Bush lover" is clearly a liberal mocking the President. He always has been.

Second, President Bush is our President. Just like President Clinton used to be our President. Trying to equate the President with Nazis is below your standards Nuc. I would have expected better.

Biden
Dashle
Clinton
Obama

Biden has no shot. He has made some racially incenstive comments and the fact that he supported the draft a few years ago will make him dead in the water. The guy is an arrogant windbag.

Daschle has no chance in the world. He cant even win his home state and his wife is a lobbyist. It will be too easy to tie him to special interests. Not to mention the guy has no charisma. He can put you to sleep too easily.

Clinton - way overrated. Most people Ive talked to even Democrats dont want her. Plus she has a negative turn out rating. She will bring people out to vote against her. The media expects her to get the nomination but i dont think she will do nearly as well as everyone is predicting.

Obama - I dont think he will run and if he does he has little experience and no real achievements. And I think he is pretty overrated too. He sounds like any other politician i know. Only he is black and young. So what? he does have alittle more charisma going for him then the others.

My prediction - the Candidate from both parties is going to be a governor that no one is talking about yet. But it really doesnt matter because its only 2006 and plenty can change between now and 08.

oh and you may be right that people are disappointed with Iraq. But I think you underestimate how many of them are upset at the President holding back rather than for going there to begin with. And Iraq alone isnt going to be the issue, it would be national security. And Republicans still score far higher on that then Democrats. Disagree with Republicans all you want on the war and terror, they still atleast have a plan to fight and win it. Democrats havent come up with squat in the past 5 years. And I dont think people are going to suddenly forget that.

Biden has no shot. He has made some racially incenstive comments and the fact that he supported the draft a few years ago will make him dead in the water. The guy is an arrogant windbag.

Daschle has no chance in the world. He cant even win his home state and his wife is a lobbyist. It will be too easy to tie him to special interests. Not to mention the guy has no charisma. He can put you to sleep too easily.

Clinton - way overrated. Most people Ive talked to even Democrats dont want her. Plus she has a negative turn out rating. She will bring people out to vote against her. The media expects her to get the nomination but i dont think she will do nearly as well as everyone is predicting.

Obama - I dont think he will run and if he does he has little experience and no real achievements. And I think he is pretty overrated too. He sounds like any other politician i know. Only he is black and young. So what? he does have alittle more charisma going for him then the others.

My prediction - the Candidate from both parties is going to be a governor that no one is talking about yet. But it really doesnt matter because its only 2006 and plenty can change between now and 08.

oh and you may be right that people are disappointed with Iraq. But I think you underestimate how many of them are upset at the President holding back rather than for going there to begin with. And Iraq alone isnt going to be the issue, it would be national security. And Republicans still score far higher on that then Democrats. Disagree with Republicans all you want on the war and terror, they still atleast have a plan to fight and win it. Democrats havent come up with squat in the past 5 years. And I dont think people are going to suddenly forget that.

Like I said, these are people that "could" win. Stranger things have happened. I don't disagree with the GOP on much of anything. I'd love a GOP sweep in the fall, it just isn't gonna happen. Iraq, Katrina, and phone taps haven't played well with the public. That will translate into the mid-terms. The GOP will take the south, but the northern states is where they will lose seats. Moderate states(swing states) like Pennsylvania will be where it happens.

To me that appears to be an unfair double standard. The other issue is that "the people" don't get to elect whom they choose. They elect those that the two parties put out there. :huh:

If 'the people' were to vote for 3rd or 4th party, it might shake things up. Truth is, only a few vote in the primaries. Those few are the ones that determine who will be running, from those that have the $$$ to run.

May be imperfect, but I don't think term limits are the answer.

If it wasn't for term limits, President Slick would have run again...and almost certainly won. Think how close the 2000 election was, and remember that Clinton is basically the same as Gore only with charisma. I'd even venture to say that he would have won the 2004 elections, since 9/11 would have happened all the same, and people rally behind war presidents.

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it!

Like I said, these are people that "could" win. Stranger things have happened. I don't disagree with the GOP on much of anything. I'd love a GOP sweep in the fall, it just isn't gonna happen. Iraq, Katrina, and phone taps haven't played well with the public. That will translate into the mid-terms. The GOP will take the south, but the northern states is where they will lose seats. Moderate states(swing states) like Pennsylvania will be where it happens.

Aint going to happen. Im predicting a Republican pick up. And dont worry about Santorum. he might have some competition but he will come out in front in the end.

If it wasn't for term limits, President Slick would have run again...and almost certainly won. Think how close the 2000 election was, and remember that Clinton is basically the same as Gore only with charisma. I'd even venture to say that he would have won the 2004 elections, since 9/11 would have happened all the same, and people rally behind war presidents.

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it!

Actually, I dont know that 911 would have happened. If you notice both world trade center attacks were after a new president took office. Im think the reason Al Qaida attacked then was because it was a transitional period and they figured the new government wouldnt have it all in a row yet. But then the old government wouldnt have had it either. So it probably would have happened all the same. But you never know.

First, President Bush isn't a junior.

He is a Junior. Like father like son. Senior when he was president did a photo opt when he signed the Disability Act. When everyone goes home and forgets about the Disability Act, Senior behind the scenes changed the policy on what constitutes a disability. This has an impact on whom gets help from the vocational rehabilitation offices throughout the states in our country, the impact which is it shut the doors on millions of Americans. Senior also gave tax credit to businessess that hires disabled Americans, good for ninety days. This served to pump up the numbers of disabled Americans getting hired, but after ninety days they were dumped out into the streets again via phoney performance evaluations businessess wrote up. Junior is identical in that many times he has done a photo opt saying one thing but behind the scenes he pulled just the opposite. Like father and son, they both pulled scams on the public via photo opts, followed by knifing Americans in the back.

I know this not from news but from real life. All you know is photo opts.

I agree with Nuc that bush lover is suggesting a third term not because the idea is good for all of the future generation to come, the idea was suggested only for Junior.

If Junior is so great to all of you Bushbots why bother with suggesting only a third term, why not make him dictator for life, since this is where your true heart lies.

So when others and myself don't like the idea of Junior being dictator for life we are called Another Bush Basher.

We can forgive the Italians for the Mussolini because there was nothing in the past for them to learn from. We can forgive the Germans because there was nothing in the past for them to learn from. But there is no excuse for Americans because we have a history to learn from, which is Mussolini and Hitler.

This not to flatter Junior by saying he is even close to Mussolini or Hitler, Junior is more like Howdy Doody and Cheney as the puppet master. No, this is to point the finger at Bushbots, they should know better that you don't give a clown power without tempting him to abuse it.

Do you have anything substantive to actually say? Or are you just going to troll all day?

Forum List

Back