Let them eat cake

Yes ladies and gentlemen...we now live in a country where a government employee can literally take food out of your childs lunch and throw it away.

Holy crap...so I just looked at the school menus in my area.
Check this out......
MONDAY............not so bad, probably taste horrible
Orange Chicken
Mixed Vegetables
Tuesday...what?? This is it??..and this is healthy?
1 slice Cheese Pizza or Pepperoni
Apple slices
Wednesday...again this is it?, and this is healthy?
Pasta Alfredo or Chicken Alfredo
1 bread stick
Thursday...healthy? Uh...no.
Chili Dog or Cheesy Baked Potato (I kid you not)
Frozen Broccoli cuts (Nasty with a capital N)
Diced Peaches or Pineapple chunks
Friday...."I'm still hungry"
Meatball sub or PBJ
Green Beans

I can't believe this is all they get

Thats more than I usually eat for lunch

Yabut, if they're gonna live up to their heritage and be fat, diabetic and die young of a heart attack, we need to get them started on huge portions now.

I volunteered with my grand kids' school long before this push for nutritious food in schools. They were served shit and most of it went into the garbage. Having said that, the above menu looks like shit that belongs in the garbage.

Kids are learning what to eat from their parents. If they have fat, dumb-ass parents, the kids will want to eat what their fat, dumb-ass parents feed them at home. As long as we have fat, dumb-ass people who are fighting good nutrition because fat, dumb-ass Rush and fat, dumb-ass Glenn tell them to, we aren't going to be able to teach kids to eat any better.

Yes ladies and gentlemen...we now live in a country where a government employee can literally take food out of your childs lunch and throw it away.

wth?
you might not care about any of this, but some kids are going hungry because of it and our tax dollars are going the dumpsters

Last edited:

yes it has been happening

And if they have a shirt on with an American flag on it?? That same government employee can send them home with grade penalties from an unexcused absence.

eating a pop tart into the shape of a pistol

gets a kid some time off as well

I feel like I'm reading from the works of e.e. cummings.

according to ee cummings

he had no political affiliations

until he visited the soviet union

then he shifted to the right

And some America-hating rw's here are in love with Russia.

Seems to be a trend.

How can you be so rational and informative in a thread such as selling personal wares online, yet be a complete and utter idiot above?

Oh please.

That's not what you were saying when it was Arnold Schwarzenegger taking away donuts and soda and telling kids to get off their fat butts. Nor was that the first time the government took steps to improve what our kids are eating.

The reality is, neither worked because idiot parents are just going to keep giving their fat little darlings more video games and TV time while railing against anything that could be good for them.

These lunches have nothing to do with Mrs. Obama. Neither she nor the Federal Government are mandating what school kids eat. Those things are mandated by each school district. They try to meet nutritional guidelines set by the medical community. It really depends on what the school district puts together for their schools. Nothing to do with the Federal government and certainly nothing Mrs. Obama has any control over.

High School Lunch

This is the monthly lunch menu for the high schools in Shoreline School District, just outside of Seattle. It doesn't look like these kids are suffering, and they do have a lot of selection. Here's an example of one day:

Lunch menu for Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Palomino Penne
w/ Chicken
Popcorn Chicken Bowl
Bean & Cheese Burrito
Chicken Caesar Salad
Dinner Roll
Big Daddy Cheese Pizza
Big Daddy's
Pepperoni Pizza
Fresh Vegetable Choice
Fruit Choices
Chocolate Milk-nonfat
White Milk, 1%
Creamy Italian Dressing
Ranch Dressing
Fresh Romaine
Caesar Dressing
Rice Krispie Bar
Darigold Butter Cup
Salsa
Nonfat Sour Cream

For tomorrow, April 8th

Kale & Walnut Pesto
w/ Rotini and Chicken
General Tso's Chicken
Brown Rice
Bean & Cheese Burrito
Chicken Caesar Salad
Dinner Roll
Big Daddy Cheese Pizza
Big Daddy's
Pepperoni Pizza
Fresh Vegetable Choice
Fruit Choices
Chocolate Milk-nonfat
White Milk, 1%
Ranch Dressing
Fresh Romaine
Caesar Dressing
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Darigold Butter Cup
Salsa
Nonfat Sour Cream

Last edited:
These lunches have nothing to do with Mrs. Obama. Neither she nor the Federal Government are mandating what school kids eat. Those things are mandated by each school district. They try to meet nutritional guidelines set by the medical community. It really depends on what the school district puts together for their schools. Nothing to do with the Federal government and certainly nothing Mrs. Obama has any control over.

High School Lunch

This is the monthly lunch menu for the high schools in Shoreline School District, just outside of Seattle. It doesn't look like these kids are suffering, and they do have a lot of selection. Here's an example of one day:

Lunch menu for Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Palomino Penne
w/ Chicken
Popcorn Chicken Bowl
Bean & Cheese Burrito
Chicken Caesar Salad
Dinner Roll
Big Daddy Cheese Pizza
Big Daddy's
Pepperoni Pizza
Fresh Vegetable Choice
Fruit Choices
Chocolate Milk-nonfat
White Milk, 1%
Creamy Italian Dressing
Ranch Dressing
Fresh Romaine
Caesar Dressing
Rice Krispie Bar
Darigold Butter Cup
Salsa
Nonfat Sour Cream

For tomorrow, April 8th

Kale & Walnut Pesto
w/ Rotini and Chicken
General Tso's Chicken
Brown Rice
Bean & Cheese Burrito
Chicken Caesar Salad
Dinner Roll
Big Daddy Cheese Pizza
Big Daddy's
Pepperoni Pizza
Fresh Vegetable Choice
Fruit Choices
Chocolate Milk-nonfat
White Milk, 1%
Ranch Dressing
Fresh Romaine
Caesar Dressing
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Darigold Butter Cup
Salsa
Nonfat Sour Cream

And, no big surprise that the photos are fake.

Michelle's Kids vs YOUR Kids School Lunch

YOURS
th

HERS
See right hand column @ Sidwell Friends School: Parents

Hypocrisy?

And, what's wrong with this?

No tater tots and cheetos?

LS

Snack: Animal Crackers
Greek Chopped Salad
All Natural Baked Chicken Patty
Tree Top Casserole
Roasted Local Zucchini
Baked Organic French Fries
Grapes

MS/US

Creamy Broccoli Soup
Classic Macaroni Salad
Arugula, Fennel & Parmesan Salad
All Natural Baked Chicken Patty
Blackeyed Pea & Fennel Ragu
Roasted Local Zucchini
Baked Organic French Fries
Grapes

Mon Apr 7 LS Snack: Animal Crackers Greek Chopped Salad All Natural Baked Chicken Patty Tree Top Casserole Roasted Local Zucchini Baked Organic French Fries Grapes

MS/US Creamy Broccoli Soup Classic Macaroni Salad Arugula, Fennel & Parmesan Salad All Natural Baked Chicken Patty Blackeyed Pea & Fennel Ragu Roasted Local Zucchini Baked Organic French Fries Grapes

LS

Snack: Bananas & Cheerios
Creamy Tomato Soup
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Grilled Cheese
Veggie Wraps
Sauteed Local Greens
Corn Chips
Strawberries

MS/US

Chicken Noodle Soup
South Beach Salad