Let the Justice System work they say....Justice will Prevail they say

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Del. Officer Who Kicked Black Suspect in the Face Is Acquitted of Assault

In August 2013, Webster attempted to break up a fight when those gathered took off running. Webster and another officer began ordering Lateef Dickerson to the ground. Dash-cam video of the incident shows Dickerson putting his hands up when Webster appears to push him in the back. Dickerson goes down to his knees. Webster kicks him in the face, and Dickerson falls out flat.

Ready for the Bullshit....Here is goes:

Webster testified that he was aiming for Dickerson's body when he went to kick him but that he missed and ended up kicking him in the face. Webster also claimed that he feared for his safety because officers reportedly had been told that Dickerson was armed with a gun, ABC 6 reports.

He has all the bases covered doesnt he? He heard he had a gun so a kick to the body is what you do...just so happened it landed and broke his jaw. Whoopsie.

Prosecutors argued that Webster didn't need to kick Dickerson, since he was complying with the officer's request and was prone and defenseless when he was kicked.

As long as they say they feared for their safety or feared for their lives it's pretty hard to convict a cop for this type of thing.

Prove they didn't fear this or that? Impossible. The premise requires proving a negative.

I understand the reasoning but shitty cops are using this loophole to justify acting like total fuckwads to the detriment of the cops that are doing their jobs.

And, unfortunately, I don't see how to change it without endangering cops. Cops do have to be able to reasonably defend themselves, so we're in a bit of a bind on this whole thing, IMO.

Yes ClosedCaption.....system worked. Justice was found.

You liberals wanting these witch hunts on cops....are making a LOT of cops wealthy with the wrongful termination and wrongful arrest lawsuits they're filing after aquittal haha!!!

As long as they say they feared for their safety or feared for their lives it's pretty hard to convict a cop for this type of thing.

Prove they didn't fear this or that? Impossible. The premise requires proving a negative.

I understand the reasoning but shitty cops are using this loophole to justify acting like total fuckwads to the detriment of the cops that are doing their jobs.

And, unfortunately, I don't see how to change it without endangering cops. Cops do have to be able to reasonably defend themselves, so we're in a bit of a bind on this whole thing, IMO.

Hmmm. Well....play it safe and don't be a thug criminal. Follow the law. If not...dont resist.

If you break laws AND resist....sometimes only an ass kicking works.

When the justice system fails, maybe it's time for people to take justice into their own hands

You threatening to harm police officers?
No. But if the legal system fails to hold a criminal accountable and instead the streets hold them accountable, maybe that's not so bad sometimes. Including above the law cops. He should watch his back.

When the justice system fails, maybe it's time for people to take justice into their own hands

No. But if the legal system fails to hold a criminal accountable and instead the streets hold them accountable, maybe that's not so bad sometimes. Including above the law cops. He should watch his back.

He's not a criminal. He is not guilty.

Sounds like a threat on law enforcement. Hmmmm. Be cautious. FBI is interested in folks talking like you did..

He's not a criminal. He is not guilty.

Sounds like a threat on law enforcement. Hmmmm. Be cautious. FBI is interested in folks talking like you did..
Doubtful.

I'm just saying this cop should be careful, in case the people decide to fight back.

Hmmm. Well....play it safe and don't be a thug criminal. Follow the law. If not...dont resist.

If you break laws AND resist....sometimes only an ass kicking works.

Obviously I'd agree that running, resisting is just stupid and likely to get you clocked.

On the other hand, I can't condone this from the cops either where they just decide to beat the shit out of someone and duck behind the "I feared" defense. There's a hole there and bad cops know it. I dont see how to fix it either, as I've said, without endangering cops.

It's also possible that there is some regional bias on my part. I've lived in the Chicago area most of my life and have seen some bad, bad shit from the CPD when it comes to police brutality, so I'm maybe a bit more jaded on this issue than others.

In August 2013, Webster attempted to break up a fight when those gathered took off running. Webster and another officer began ordering Lateef Dickerson to the ground. Dash-cam video of the incident shows Dickerson putting his hands up when Webster appears to push him in the back. Dickerson goes down to his knees. Webster kicks him in the face, and Dickerson falls out flat.

Ready for the Bullshit....Here is goes:

Webster testified that he was aiming for Dickerson's body when he went to kick him but that he missed and ended up kicking him in the face. Webster also claimed that he feared for his safety because officers reportedly had been told that Dickerson was armed with a gun, ABC 6 reports.

He has all the bases covered doesnt he? He heard he had a gun so a kick to the body is what you do...just so happened it landed and broke his jaw. Whoopsie.

Prosecutors argued that Webster didn't need to kick Dickerson, since he was complying with the officer's request and was prone and defenseless when he was kicked.

You're right. Woulda been better just to shoot the guy.

Just no pleasing some people.

Forum List

Back