Lessons of History and Trying To Avoid the Same Mistakes

https://twitter.com/MarkJacob16

With all the arguments over whether MAGA Republicans are fascists, I reread William Shirer’s “The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich” to see how much the rise of Hitler and the rise of MAGA smell similar. Conclusion: They do. This thread lists 10 ways. Please take a look.

1. A big lie about treachery is used to foment resentment. Nazis: We didn’t really lose World War I. It was a “stab in the back” by Jews and other "November criminals." MAGA: We didn’t really lose the 2020 election. It was a “steal” by politicians and Blacks in big cities.

2. There’s an obsession with purity of the culture. Nazis: “Racial mixture” was a threat to Aryan culture, Hitler wrote. MAGA: “Great replacement theory” says immigrants threaten white culture.

3. Chaos is something to be exploited, not addressed. Nazis: Economic distress is a great political opportunity. MAGA: Economic distress is a great political opportunity.

4. The super-rich bankroll the right-wing seizure of power. Nazis: Thanks to I.G. Farben, Deutsche Bank, Thyssen, Krupp, etc. MAGA: Thanks to the Mercers, Uihleins, DeVos, Thiel, etc.

5. Some people think the fascist threat is overblown. Nazis: While Hitler posed a major threat, some said he "ceased to be a political danger.” (2 weeks later, he was chancellor.) MAGA: While Trump poses a major threat, many people think it’s “just politics,” no worries.

6. There’s a cult of personality. Nazis: The German army made a pledge of loyalty to Hitler personally. MAGA: Trump’s supporters bill him as “the most moral president” in U.S. history.

7. Christianity is used to legitimize the movement. Nazis: “The party stands for positive Christianity.” MAGA: Trump is described as the “Chosen One” protecting American Christianity.

8. Books are the enemy. Nazis: Any book that “acts subversively on our future” must be burned. MAGA: “I think we should throw those books in a fire,” says a Virginia school board member.

9. An independent news media is the enemy. Nazis: Any newspaper that “offends the honor and dignity of Germany” must be banned. MAGA: The press is the “enemy of the people.”

10. Educators are pressured to be politically compliant. Nazis: Teachers took an oath to “be loyal and obedient to Adolf Hitler.” MAGA: Florida’s DeSantis accuses teachers of “indoctrination” and pressures them to avoid references to America’s racist history and LGBTQ people.

I'm not saying that MAGA will end up as horrifically as Nazism. I am saying that America 2022 feels too much like Germany 1932, and I don't want to take the risk of watching MAGA cultism play out. We have to stop it now.

Why did Twitter put a “sensitive” warning on this thread? Who knows? My only theory is that it has a “hateful symbol”—a swastika on the cover of Shirer’s book about Nazism.

Neat story. If you had a brain you'd know every fucking comparison compares to THE LEFT. Just replace religion with the left doctrine that says men are women and children are aborted.

Neat story. If you had a brain you'd know every fucking comparison compares to THE LEFT. Just replace religion with the left doctrine that says men are women and children are aborted.
Thank you MAGA person. You are a prime example of the dangers of Trump and his MAGA thinking.
(If one can actually define what you do AS thinking, and by yourself, for yourself )

Keep it up MAGA.

An influential Hasidic rabbi from New York issued a harsh rebuke the day after Election Day of the Trumpism that has overtaken much of the Orthodox community.

“Trumpism became entangled in the Jewish camp,” Rabbi Aaron Teitlebaum, the grand rebbe of one the Satmar Hasidic sects, said in a speech Wednesday at his yeshiva in Kiryas Joel, north of New York City. “This Trumpism twisted the minds of so many yiden. It brainwashed people – and that’s so painful,” he said, using the Yiddish word for Jews.

(full article online)

Thank you MAGA person. You are a prime example of the dangers of Trump and his MAGA thinking.
(If one can actually define what you do AS thinking, and by yourself, for yourself )

Keep it up MAGA.
So dangerous huh? Democrat victimhood drives you.

Trump knew COVID was deadly in late January.
In all your responses there was not a cooperation by the Progressives in power and the Trump administration. There was a war on Trump. You could see his expressions when Fauci would speak and change his tune on what to do every few weeks. That means Trump has to do the same. COVID was and is a bioweapon released on purpose to damage the economies of the world. Specifically, the Western World and the United States. In affect China won a war.

Keep it up MAGA.

YOU are a leftist asswipe.

Not interested in your analysis. AT ALL.

Lefties are liars and fools.

But the more important point is THEY'RE A THREAT TO MY CHILDREN.

Ignore that at your own peril.

Keep trampling on my boundaries and one of these days I'm gonna fuck you up.

YOU are a leftist asswipe.

Not interested in your analysis. AT ALL.

Lefties are liars and fools.

But the more important point is THEY'RE A THREAT TO MY CHILDREN.

Ignore that at your own peril.

Keep trampling on my boundaries and one of these days I'm gonna fuck you up.
😄

You're such an unbelievable pussy. Do you even have children or is that just an excuse so you can level your pussy threats at people to laugh at?

[ Does McConnell's wife like being called that, or would this be a wee little racist ? ]

Forum List

Back