Lesbian mom in a LTR leading a Boy Scout troop?

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Not if Jesus has anything to say about it ! (Fark headline)

Potomac Falls woman removed from son’s Boy Scout troop | LoudounTimes.com

Idiots.

Denise Steele has been living in Loudoun County for more than a decade, becoming involved with the community, especially through being part of her son’s Boy Scout troop for the past six years.

Steele started out in Boy Scouts as a den leader for her son, Jackson, 12, for his school, Horizon Elementary. No other parent would step up to the plate to take on the responsibility of leading a Cub Scout troop.

In retrospect, the situation was probably good – her son’s troop excelled at everything, including accomplishing badges and winning the Blue and Gold Award all five years, one of the highest awards for Boy Scouts.

Above all, like any mother, Steele put her son first and wanted to make sure he had a great time in scouts.

But in June, Steele’s chances to further bond with her son through scouting were dashed.

The mother was removed from the troop after one of the other assistant scout masters discovered Steele is a lesbian.

Steele has been in a domestic partnership with Jackie Funk for the past 19 years. The two reside in Potomac Falls with their two children, Jackson and Jaden, 9, and Steele’s nephew Will, 10.

Idiots.

Denise Steele has been living in Loudoun County for more than a decade, becoming involved with the community, especially through being part of her son’s Boy Scout troop for the past six years.

Steele started out in Boy Scouts as a den leader for her son, Jackson, 12, for his school, Horizon Elementary. No other parent would step up to the plate to take on the responsibility of leading a Cub Scout troop.

In retrospect, the situation was probably good – her son’s troop excelled at everything, including accomplishing badges and winning the Blue and Gold Award all five years, one of the highest awards for Boy Scouts.

Above all, like any mother, Steele put her son first and wanted to make sure he had a great time in scouts.

But in June, Steele’s chances to further bond with her son through scouting were dashed.

The mother was removed from the troop after one of the other assistant scout masters discovered Steele is a lesbian.

Steele has been in a domestic partnership with Jackie Funk for the past 19 years. The two reside in Potomac Falls with their two children, Jackson and Jaden, 9, and Steele’s nephew Will, 10.
Oh well.......She should have thought about her CHOICE to be a lesbian before involving herself.

She has no one to blame but herself. She sure as hell can't blame the BSA.

a merit badge review>

Camping
Cycling or Hiking or Swimming
Citizenship in the Community
Citizenship in the Nation
Citizenship in the World
Communications
Emergency Preparedness or Lifesaving
Environmental Science
Family Life
First Aid
Personal Fitness
Personal Management
Lesiban Moms

problem?
~S~

Idiots.

What are they worried about? I knew they discriminated against gay men, but not lesbian moms.

Idiots.

Speaking of idiots.... do you not know how to use the search function? Because you seem mighty determined to keep posting shit that's already being discussed.

idiot.

Idiots.

I'm a little surprised that it took years for someone to find out that a woman was married to another woman for 19 years.

I'm gunna guess there's more to this than just her being gay.

Idiots.

I'm a little surprised that it took years for someone to find out that a woman was married to another woman for 19 years.

I'm gunna guess there's more to this than just her being gay.

Maybe there is but for alot of people when they find out someone is gay thats the end game, nothing the person did before matters.

If she actually lives up to the Boy Scout oath and law...then, what the heck.

The oath is:

On my honor, I will do my best, to do my duty to God and my country. To help other people at all times, to obey the Scout Law, and to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.

The law is:

A Scout is: Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent.

What is the Boy Scout creed

This sounds more like cub scouts not boy scouts,blue and gold is a cub scout thing.Women are den mothers in cubs,but last I knew men were troop leaders.

If she actually lives up to the Boy Scout oath and law...then, what the heck.

The oath is:

On my honor, I will do my best, to do my duty to God and my country. To help other people at all times, to obey the Scout Law, and to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.

The law is:

A Scout is: Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent.

What is the Boy Scout creed

I had a blast as a scout,said those words many times,its a good organization.

Forum List

Back