Lesbian 'Batwoman' May Be A Short Run

Seems Ruby decided to leave after the first season finished, and they are now looking for someone to fill her boots.

One thing I don't understand, tho...

"In a statement issued announcing Rose’s departure, the studio, network, and Berlanti Productions said they would be seeking “a new lead actress and member of the LGBTQ community, in the coming months.”"

Why does the replacement need to come from the LGBTQ community?

Why not look for, and hire, the best actress for the job?
greg berlanti is gay.....

Seems they aren't going to replace the actress playing Batwoman.

"Batwoman‘s plan to not recast Roby Rose’s Kate Kane but instead introduce a brand-new lead heroine seems to create more problems than it solves. So… why do it?"

I expect a short season.

"Batwoman‘s plan to not recast Roby Rose’s Kate Kane but instead introduce a brand-new lead heroine seems to create more problems than it solves. So… why do it?"

I expect a short season.

It's a leftward message-vehicle wrapped in a comic book.

I expect a short season.

IMO, the studio thinking that Ruby Rose was the reason the show tanked in the first season.

So they think her leaving gives them a chance at a Reset with the viewers, and this time, they wil get it right.

What they miss is that it is their agenda that made the show suck and that doubling down on their shit, will just make it worse, not better.

THey are moronic beyond belief.

I expect a short season.

IMO, the studio thinking that Ruby Rose was the reason the show tanked in the first season.

So they think her leaving gives them a chance at a Reset with the viewers, and this time, they wil get it right.

What they miss is that it is their agenda that made the show suck and that doubling down on their shit, will just make it worse, not better.

You may have a mistaken idea about what constitutes tanking for a CW show. Batwoman had a lot more viewers than, say, Legends of Tomorrow...which was renewed for a sixth season. In fact, Batwoman had more viewers than Black Lightning and Arrow and Supergirl, too. Only The Flash seems to have had more viewers than Batwoman, among CW comic book shows.

The show may be garbage (I've never watched it), but by CW standards it seems to have done fine in the first season. :dunno:

I expect a short season.

You may have a mistaken idea about what constitutes tanking for a CW show. Batwoman had a lot more viewers than, say, Legends of Tomorrow...which was renewed for a sixth season. In fact, Batwoman had more viewers than Black Lightning and Arrow and Supergirl, too. Only The Flash seems to have had more viewers than Batwoman, among CW comic book shows.

The show may be garbage (I've never watched it), but by CW standards it seems to have done fine in the first season. :dunno:

Shit canning the main character and starting over, does not seem to be the act of a producer(s) that is happy with the ratings.

Shit canning the main character and starting over, does not seem to be the act of a producer(s) that is happy with the ratings.

From what I read, she wasn't fired. Either it was mutual, or she just decided to quit.

Regardless, as I said, Batwoman had better viewer numbers than most of the other CW comic book shows in 2019.

Only The Flash averaged more viewers. In fact, of 18 CW shows, Batwoman was third in average viewers:

The idea that the third most viewed show on a network tanked seems a bit silly.

So, she already had back issues, and they have her doing her own stunts?

That is stupid of her and stupid of the studio of unbelievable scale.

I really hope this is not motivated by some stupid female empowerment bullshit.

AND I hope the actress is ok. Though it sounds like she is going to be dealing with this for the rest of her life.

I haven't seen this show...but this is the girl from John Wick 2 I believe. If so...I really thought she stole the show as the villianess. I too hope he heals 100%.

From what I read, she wasn't fired. Either it was mutual, or she just decided to quit.

Regardless, as I said, Batwoman had better viewer numbers than most of the other CW comic book shows in 2019.

Only The Flash averaged more viewers. In fact, of 18 CW shows, Batwoman was third in average viewers:

THe network as a whole, seems to see itself as a niche market. THe only way this makes sense to me, is if mass market appeal is impossible in the current environment. I would love to see their results compared to say...

even Marvel: Agent of Shield or some of the recent Netflix superhero shows.

So, she already had back issues, and they have her doing her own stunts?

That is stupid of her and stupid of the studio of unbelievable scale.

I really hope this is not motivated by some stupid female empowerment bullshit.

AND I hope the actress is ok. Though it sounds like she is going to be dealing with this for the rest of her life.

I haven't seen this show...but this is the girl from John Wick 2 I believe. If so...I really thought she stole the show as the villianess. I too hope he heals 100%.

She had a short visit on a show, Dark Matter and did a fine job there too.

Back issues can really ruin a person's life. I've reached an age, where a lot of my friends are really paying for playing sports or doing manual labor type jobs when they were younger.

I joke about being clever by taking care of myself by sitting carefully on a coach watching tv all those years and doing nothing.

But it really has worked out for me, pretty well.

THe network as a whole, seems to see itself as a niche market. THe only way this makes sense to me, is if mass market appeal is impossible in the current environment. I would love to see their results compared to say...

I’ll look it up later, but I don’t think S.H.I.E.L.D. did that well. It seemed to always be ‘on the bubble’. It has continued getting renewed, though. :dunno:
Netflix doesn’t release their numbers from what I understand. Their Marvel shows were much better quality than the CW shows, though.

Not into all the tats, but she is a pretty lady! :oops:

j3l4jz6xbf441.jpg

I’ll look it up later, but I don’t think S.H.I.E.L.D. did that well. It seemed to always be ‘on the bubble’. It has continued getting renewed, though. :dunno:
Netflix doesn’t release their numbers from what I understand. Their Marvel shows were much better quality than the CW shows, though.

Agreed. It is a damn shame that the Disney deal is ending them.

Agreed. It is a damn shame that the Disney deal is ending them.

Yep. Netflix did far and away the best job with live-action comic book shows; even Iron Fist, which was disliked pretty strongly by a lot of people, was at least good production quality. I enjoyed all of the shows to some degree, with season 1 of Jessica Jones being the best comic book show season ever in my opinion.

As far as Agents of SHIELD, that show is apparently low-rated compared to other scripted ABC shows...but that's still a lot more viewers than the CW shows get. In season 6, AoS averaged over 2 million viewers.

I expect a short season.
yea just do a new hero show....grab from Valiant Comics Archer and Armstrong....

S.H.I.E.L.D. is in its last year....

3 years too late

I know. They got stuck in this mindset that each season had to be both different and bigger than the one before.

I think that was a big mistake. IMO, some of the best episodes were the smaller stories from the first season. Especially the ones where they actually made a difference and helped people.

Forum List

Back