Legislative Proposal : Children Born Of Illegal Immigrants To Receive Citizenship Of Mother

Legislative Proposal : Children Born Of Illegal Immigrants To Receive Citizenship Of Mother

• Children born in US to illegal immigrants should receive the citizenship of the mother .

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Children born in US to illegal immigrants should receive US citizenship .

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Current US immigration policy is consistent with in US 14th amendment .

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Current US immigration policy is not consistent with in US 14th amendment .

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • POTUS administration should not provide a citizen comment line .

• POTUS administration should provide a citizen comment line .

• Total voters
" Point Of Issue To Organize "

* Will And Ways Following The Paper Work *

What’s your point?
Your point of issue is correct that hospital do not likely have an infrastructure to determine legal status for all of its patients .

It would seem reasonable that hospitals doling out services for which they intend to seek restitution from us government programs will find it less costly to themselves and to us taxpayers if a stipulation for a remittance of funds be that legal resident status of patients be determined and reported .

The status of entitlements for us citizens ( that they can be deported with their parents ) would no longer be a contentious issue , and family separation of children who grow up and find out after during their childhood or adolescence that their parents are being deported but they have the option of remaining in the us would also eventually no longer be a contentious issue .
With your stipulation you put the hospital in a position where they need to verify legal status in order to receive funds for services. So if sick people show up and are not citizens, what do you think the hospital should do? Turn them away? Or treat them and eat the costs?

Furthermore, you probably understand that the stipulation further complicates this issue because now the hospitals need to verify citizenship prior to treating all patients. The scenario we are talking about before required them to verify citizenship just to issue a birth certificate it. A much bigger logistical nightmare with the stipulation

Citizenship is defined by the country at hand. Whether or not a child is a citizen of another country is dependent only on what that country recognizes. America can't legally declare someone a citizen of another country.
If a baby is born in another country and the mother and/or parents are American citizens the child is American. We went through that with Rubio and Cruz during the 2016 primaries. But a Mexican woman can spawn her git in Texas and the baby is an American. Fucked up system.

My son was born in the US so he’s an American citizen. But because my wife and I are Canadian, he is also a Canadian citizen. That’s because both the US and Canada have laws defining citizenship. My son is a Canadian citizen because Canadian law gives him Canadian citizenship. American law is irrelevant to whether or not Canada gives citizenship to my son.
Did you and your wife plan on delivering your child in the US so he could gain citizenship?

No.

But that doesn’t matter.

America is the greatest country in the world. Why wouldn’t a mother want the best for her child?
I agree and I don’t blame anybody for trying to take advantage of what seems to be a loophole in the law. You gotta admit your son skipped what would have been a pretty long and tedious process to gain citizenship had he not been born in the US. Good for him, but it doesn’t seem to be the intent of the law when it was written. Thoughts?

I know what it’s like to become an American citizen because it took me 14 years and over $20,000 of my own money to become an American citizen.

And I’m very proud to be American.

The intent of the law is to allow anyone regardless of race, religion, class, creed or color to become American citizens. The founders envisioned a country that tore off the shackles of European class-ridden society, where anyone could come to America and make themselves anything they could be, regardless of class. Birthright citizenship was key to that because America was an ideal to the founders. We wouldn’t be defined by our bloodlines, as they were in Europe.

Citizenship is defined by the country at hand. Whether or not a child is a citizen of another country is dependent only on what that country recognizes. America can't legally declare someone a citizen of another country.
If a baby is born in another country and the mother and/or parents are American citizens the child is American. We went through that with Rubio and Cruz during the 2016 primaries. But a Mexican woman can spawn her git in Texas and the baby is an American. Fucked up system.

My son was born in the US so he’s an American citizen. But because my wife and I are Canadian, he is also a Canadian citizen. That’s because both the US and Canada have laws defining citizenship. My son is a Canadian citizen because Canadian law gives him Canadian citizenship. American law is irrelevant to whether or not Canada gives citizenship to my son.

I can understand that. My son was born in Germany and he has dual citizenship. You were legal as was my son but I can't understand why an illegal can have a baby and he is automatically a US citizen and his extended family can live like kings on free shit. That's why the amendment needs to be changed
Do you think your son deserves his German citizenship?
Absolutely. I was in the Army in Washington and my wife was not an American citizen at that time. She went to her hometown in Germany for his birth. Because of his mother he was born as a German but because of me he was also a US citizen. After he was born they came back to Washington.

" Legal Standing of Collective Agreements "

* Abating Non Sense Perspectives *

Birthright citizenship is one reason why America is exceptional.
A clause for us citizenship by birth for those within its technical jurisdiction is not changing.

The country of origin , for foreign nationals traveling abroad and who are not technically within us jurisdiction , are responsible for issuing a retort and reprise for violations of civil liberties for its citizens .

An endowment of use citizenship , even it is falsely alleged to be a protection , does not apply to children of sojourners who are themselves not technically within us jurisdiction .

I can understand that. My son was born in Germany and he has dual citizenship. You were legal as was my son but I can't understand why an illegal can have a baby and he is automatically a US citizen and his extended family can live like kings on free shit. That's why the amendment needs to be changed

“Live like kings?”

Have you researched what you could get on welfare?

If you could “live like a king” on welfare, why haven’t you quit your job and gone on the dole, then?

Did you and your wife plan on delivering your child in the US so he could gain citizenship?

No.

But that doesn’t matter.

America is the greatest country in the world. Why wouldn’t a mother want the best for her child?
I agree and I don’t blame anybody for trying to take advantage of what seems to be a loophole in the law. You gotta admit your son skipped what would have been a pretty long and tedious process to gain citizenship had he not been born in the US. Good for him, but it doesn’t seem to be the intent of the law when it was written. Thoughts?

I know what it’s like to become an American citizen because it took me 14 years and over $20,000 of my own money to become an American citizen.

The intent of the law is to allow anyone regardless of race, religion, class, creed or color to become American citizens. The founders envisioned a country that tore off the shackles of European class-ridden society, where anyone could come to America and make themselves anything they could be, regardless of class. Birthright citizenship was key to that because America was an ideal to the founders. We wouldn’t be defined by our bloodlines, as they were in Europe.
I agree with everything you said and commend you for going through the process. In my view the process you went through is a very tedious one and expensive. I wish that process would be easier and create more opportunity for people of all classes to achieve citizenship in the American dream. As it is now it is incentivizing for people to come here and have babies and skip that process for their children. I do t blame them for doing it, I’m just questioning the system as this seems like a shortcut/loophole

" Legal Standing of Collective Agreements "

* Abating Non Sense Perspectives *

Birthright citizenship is one reason why America is exceptional.
A clause for us citizenship by birth for those within its technical jurisdiction is not changing.

The country of origin , for foreign nationals traveling abroad and who are not technically within us jurisdiction , are responsible for issuing a retort and reprise for violations of civil liberties for its citizens .

An endowment of use citizenship , even it is alleged to be a protection , does not apply to children of sojourners who are themselves not technically within us jurisdiction .

Yes it does.

Edit: See Wok Kim Ark

Last edited:

No.

But that doesn’t matter.

I agree with everything you said and commend you for going through the process. In my view the process you went through is a very tedious one and expensive. I wish that process would be easier and create more opportunity for people of all classes to achieve citizenship in the American dream. As it is now it is incentivizing for people to come here and have babies and skip that process for their children. I do t blame them for doing it, I’m just questioning the system as this seems like a shortcut/loophole

I don’t like illegal immigration. It undermines the law.

However, there is nothing illegal about coming across the border and giving birth here.

Show me a country that would not consider the child of one of their female citizens, to be one of their citizens.

" Statistics Of Failure For Anthropocentric Slush Funds "

* Global Warming Panderers Missing Correlation With Human Population Growth *

“Live like kings?”
If you could “live like a king” on welfare, why haven’t you quit your job and gone on the dole, then?
In deed ! What is the purpose in facilitating a plethora of individuals incapable of helping themselves ?

What is the goal of such an accomplishment ?

“Live like kings?”

Oh, but I am. I am a US Government triple dipper and I retired from my civilian job in 2001 when I was 62. What with Army retirement pay, full disability and Social Security plus a 401k I live like a king. You?

" Identifying The Relevant Issue "

* Conjecture Versus Legal Facts *

However, there is nothing illegal about coming across the border and giving birth here.
There is nothing in us 14th amendment that compels us to grant citizenship to those children as their parents are not technically within us jurisdiction and the country of origin for their parents are responsible for reprising violations of constitutional civil liberties for them and that includes providing citizenship to their children .

No.

But that doesn’t matter.

I agree, but do you think it is a fair and just law to have given the way it can be used to shortcut other ways of immigration?

It might be a good thing if lawmakers clarify the fact that the parents are not only non citizens but they are criminal aliens so the newborns revert to Venezuela or Mexican or Guatamala citizenship.

Oh, but I am. I am a US Government triple dipper and I retired from my civilian job in 2001 when I was 62. What with Army retirement pay, full disability and Social Security plus a 401k I live like a king. You?

But illegal immigrants don't have Army retirement pay, don't contribute to SS, and almost all don't have a 401k. You aren't on welfare. So your experience isn't relevant to an illegal immigrant.

And since I'm happy to pay for your retirement, thank you for your service.

" Identifying The Relevant Issue "

* Conjecture Versus Legal Facts *

There is nothing in us 14th amendment that compels us to grant citizenship to those children as their parents are not technically within us jurisdiction and the country of origin for their parents are responsible for reprising violations of constitutional civil liberties for them and that includes providing citizenship to their children .

Here is the 14th amendment.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.​

It says nothing about how people get here.

So your argument fails.

FYI I have no problem with deporting all the illegals, though I'd let the Dreamers stay.

However, the Constitution of the United States says that those born here are citizens of the United States.

If you don't like it, get it changed.

Sounds reasonable. I recall a couple of years ago looking at what made Ted Cruz an eligible candidate for the presidency but don't recall any of the specifics, I'm guessing it was based on his mom's citizenship. Likely that would have been the case with Obama also and so those folks looking for his birth certificate were simply spinning their wheels.
Ignorant nonsense.

Forum List

Back