Legislation Would Enable 50-Year-Old Americans To Qualify For Medicare

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
This is a good piece of legislation. It will help all Americans. Not just those who qualify to buy into Medicare.

It helps those who are below the age of 50 by taking more people who need health care out of the insurance pool thus premiums for those below 50 can be lower.

Unfortunately I have no hope that this will pass the republican non stop filibuster in the Senate. The only way to get this bill passed into law is to remove the filibuster which I don't support.

I do support democracy and wish the republicans in our Senate would stop with the non stop filibuster to let democracy finally return to the Senate.

This is a good piece of legislation. It will help all Americans. Not just those who qualify to buy into Medicare.

It helps those who are below the age of 50 by taking more people who need health care out of the insurance pool thus premiums for those below 50 can be lower.

Unfortunately I have no hope that this will pass the republican non stop filibuster in the Senate. The only way to get this bill passed into law is to remove the filibuster which I don't support.

I do support democracy and wish the republicans in our Senate would stop with the non stop filibuster to let democracy finally return to the Senate.

Its a great idea.

Its a great idea.

Yes it is. It's a win/win.

Translation: I wish Republicans would stop using the democratic process and just let Democrats do whatever they want because...you know...democracy.

LOL

Its a great idea.

Yes it is. It's a win/win.

Absolutely............

Those in their 50s are at the height of their earning power and many of their parents are dead and have claims to estates. This makes little sense for federally subsidized healthcare.

Govt destroyed healthcare and people think its a good idea when they expand it LMAO
You simply cant make this shit up!

Healthcare is still private delivery.. an its an excellent system.. Are you a physician or hospital administrator?

Israel, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Europe and Scandinavia all have universal healthcare.. Are Americans too stupid to pull it off?

It would help a lot of Americans

No wonder Republicans will oppose it

Maybe they don’t want to bankrupt Medicare? There’s a lot of shit that will help Americans in the short term. It doesn’t mean those things are prudent to implement

Those in their 50s are at the height of their earning power and many of their parents are dead and have claims to estates. This makes little sense for federally subsidized healthcare.

Exactly what I am thinking.

BTW, people who are disabled for 2 years or more can already receive Medicare. Those with certain conditions, like needing a new kidney don't even have to wait that long. Indigent Americans can already receive Medicaid.

Making welfare cases of our most Affluent Americans is pathetic and unfuckingamerican.

Govt destroyed healthcare and people think its a good idea when they expand it LMAO

Healthcare is still private delivery.. an its an excellent system.. Are you a physician or hospital administrator?

Israel, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Europe and Scandinavia all have universal healthcare.. Are Americans too stupid to pull it off?

Ears and his cohorts tried and fckd it all up

It makes perfect sense as it stops cost shifting and supports a healthy workforce. Medicare is paid for by Payroll Taxes.

They aint got enough pow-pows ! Fukkin soshillistz !

This just looks like a workaround for Medicare For All. Just keep dropping the age requirements by 14 years every few sessions. If anything, the age at which Medicare is available should be increasing not decreasing.

I am curious as to the number of people that drop their private health insurance once they are eligible for Medicare. I've never met any of them. Might check to make sure you have 50 votes in your own caucus before whinging about the filibuster.

It would help a lot of Americans

No wonder Republicans will oppose it

Of course the republicans oppose it. It helps millions of Americans.

The last thing republicans want to do is help anyone who actually needs it.
There is a down side to the ACA. We only talk about the people it helps. It just passed the bucks to the suckers. Medical treatment needs a good talking about. An out of control nation that wants good medical care but has a medical business industry is going to rupture at some point after this is instituted. At this point now it is a business industry.

The American govt is, yes.
Not to mention, they dont even have the POWER to do it.
Even that bullshit obama care fucked us. The idiot letting a bunch of lobbyists write that shit. Killed millions of peopels healthcare etc.
You federal supremacists put wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much faith in a continuous FAILURE of a system. IE, our big, corrupt, illegal govt.

Forum List

Back