Legalizing Drugs Eliminates The Black Market

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
Not. I always hear lefties say we need to legalize drugs to eliminate the black market. But, apparently, they are wrong about that. Who would have ever guessed?

Not. I always hear lefties say we need to legalize drugs to eliminate the black market. But, apparently, they are wrong about that. Who would have ever guessed?

Well legalized weed shops are not exactly as cheap as the streets.

it has cut their profits a good deal....

The shit is contaminated with all kinds of crap, literally crap in some cases, as well as e coli, salmonella, and other nasty stuff.

it has cut their profits a good deal....

Hardly.

It just changes the business of dealing grass. Instead of importing it from Mexico or Jamaica, its more of a matter of counterfeiting tax stamps and selling bricks of legal grass that fall off of trucks. Different skills are needed to be a successful pusher than in the past.

Nothing really new about that. Other forms of vice have seen similar transitions. Pimping used to be done right on the streets, with the pimp giving instruction to his hoes and bitches. Now its done online on Craig's List.

Legalize and tax makes it more expensive....I tried 'splaining this to the potheads back in the day, but tha maths is hard for them.

Plus we need the feds to make these drug laws so we don't all go out tomorrow and take a bunch of drugs. :26:

I don't think they have been having good experience with legalizing hard drugs in Oregon, either.

Between the taxes, regulations and requirements .. is it really worth growing it legally? State licenses, background checks, local permits, labeling / packaging, security requirements, environmental regulations ..

Yes, it is very profitable.

Forum List

Back