Legalizing Drugs Puts Drug Dealers Out Of Business

Neither will business people, so it doesn't matter.
On the contrary, the shops have very strict guidelines they have to follow or they get their license yanked that includes paying all their state taxes

LOL ok Dudley lets hear how much you know about what goes into getting licensed in a state that allows it

Last edited:
Actually it is liberals that want more regulation.
Here in Florida where conservatives rule almost unopposed it's been a massive battle just to get medical and even that is overburdened with byzantine regulations meant to suppress production and access. After I got cancer last year I considered getting a card. It was expensive and I had to travel to get it. Fortunately people I know just started giving me stuff. I had all but given pot up but damned if it is not a miracle cure for chemotherapy nausea. They ought to just give it to cancer patients without all the bullshit.

The "war" on (some) drugs actually makes drugs like Fentanyl and crack cocaine possible, where they probably wouldn't exist otherwise.

Liquor stores devote the most floor space to beer and wine....Liquor is 3rd, and almost nobody buys PGA.
That's true....

Even at the very height of my alcoholic career cheap vodka by the gallon was a weekly purchase.

Never saw the need to buy Everclear. Now I have no urge to buy anything.

The problem is that the politicians made promises to the voters that legal grass was going to mean major tax relief for the people.

Even though this was a lie, they knew that high taxes and especially licensing would satisfy their greed.
That's the story with all tax and spend Democrats. Every time they collect one dollar more in taxes they spend two. Recently Manchin agreed to sign on to pass a democratic bill that would pay off about 500 billion dollars on our national debt. Just like a week later Biden announced he was going to forgive student loans to the tune of 500 billion dollars.

Here in Florida where conservatives rule almost unopposed it's been a massive battle just to get medical and even that is overburdened with byzantine regulations meant to suppress production and access. After I got cancer last year I considered getting a card. It was expensive and I had to travel to get it. Fortunately people I know just started giving me stuff. I had all but given pot up but damned if it is not a miracle cure for chemotherapy nausea. They ought to just give it to cancer patients without all the bullshit.
Look into Rick Simpson oil and high CBD strains. Those are good for cancer

On the contrary, the shops have very strict guidelines they have to follow or they get their license yanked that includes paying all their state taxes

Growers and wannabe sellers helped draw up those guidelines. I realize right wing propaganda hates to point out where most commercial codes come from, but some in the Peanut Gallery don't mind the info. even if the PC Thought Police from the wings do.

They did it, it failed, and then they double down on failure

That is what Leftists do as the same thing happened with Marxism over the years.

They just continue to invest in known failure.
They have a very huge gambling addiction. The more you lose and fail the more you have to keep on betting because, surely, at some point, you will get your money back. Surely you can't keep on losing. Murphy's law is on your side.

Growers and wannabe sellers helped draw up those guidelines. I realize right wing propaganda hates to point out where most commercial codes come from, but some in the Peanut Gallery don't mind the info. even if the PC Thought Police from the wings do.

Growers who are in the state and have state licenses and connections are the ones making the regulations.

No one asks anything of the farmers in Columbia and Jamaica what their thoughts are, even though they are the ones fulfilling the current demand.

Nobody is forcing anybody to buy from either source so I can't work up a pity party for their angst.

This isn't about force, it's about the government fucking up one of the proposed goals of legalization, crime reduction. Not just possession crime reduction, but reduction in crimes related to illegal supply.

Granted a discount black market doesn't have the obscene profit margins an illegal black market that can encourage massive violence, but money is still involved and there is always the chance for turf wars.

Yes growers and wanna sellers did help create it that's true,

Again look at all the ways CA taxes it..excise tax, sales tax, mark ups etc

Selling price of cannabis product
$35.00
Local cannabis business tax ($35.00 × 10%)
$3.50
Delivery
+ $5.00
Subtotal subject to excise tax
$43.50
Cannabis excise tax rate
x 15%
Excise tax ($43.50 × 15%)
$6.53
Subtotal ($43.50 + $6.53)
$50.03
The 15 percent cannabis excise tax rate applies to the subtotal of $43.50, which calculates to $6.53 of cannabis excise tax due for this example.

We can now calculate the sales tax for this transaction. Gross receipts for purposes of calculating the sales tax include the cannabis excise tax. Therefore, the subtotal of $43.50 and the cannabis excise tax due of $6.53 are added to calculate the gross receipts subject to sales tax.

Sales tax computation:

Subtotal ($43.50 + $6.53)
$50.03
Sales tax rate
x 8.5%
Sales tax ($50.03 × 8.5%)
$4.25
Total due ($50.03 + $4.25)
$54.28
The 8.5 percent sales tax rate applies to the subtotal of $50.03, which calculates to $4.25 of sales tax due for this example, and the total amount due from the customer is $54.28.

The State is more responsible than anyone else for prices being high and guess what happens if you're late paying? Bam 50% hit

This isn't about force, it's about the government fucking up one of the proposed goals of legalization, crime reduction. Not just possession crime reduction, but reduction in crimes related to illegal supply.

Granted a discount black market doesn't have the obscene profit margins an illegal black market that can encourage massive violence, but money is still involved and there is always the chance for turf wars.

So go after criminals for real instead of babying users for dealing with vermin. Legalizing the crap is moronic. Legal businesses with proper safety and legal wages and tax numbers are always going to cost more than scum running grow houses staffed with criminal illegal aliens, even without any taxes.

Growers who are in the state and have state licenses and connections are the ones making the regulations.

No one asks anything of the farmers in Columbia and Jamaica what their thoughts are, even though they are the ones fulfilling the current demand.

Yes. Businesses want to protect their capital investments from competition, and always have, and they seek politicians to legislate in their favor.

Yes growers and wanna sellers did help create it that's true,

Again look at all the ways CA taxes it..excise tax, sales tax, mark ups etc The State is more responsible than anyone else for prices being high and guess what happens if you're late paying? Bam 50% hit

Insisting that locally sold grass be grown inside the state is another load of shit designed to keep control of the trade by local politicians. Growers are required to have special licenses and that means they can be shaken down by politicians. Another cost to be passed to the consumer.

There is no reason why grass can't be farmed in rural Mexico, Columbia and Jamaica and shipped to the states. The product is formed into bricks and travels pretty well. Insisting on local growing is bullshit, local farms should be reserved for things like eggs and tomatos that should be fresh and don't travel nearly as well.

So go after criminals for real instead of babying users for dealing with vermin. Legalizing the crap is moronic. Legal businesses with proper safety and legal wages and tax numbers are always going to cost more than scum running grow houses staffed with criminal illegal aliens, even without any taxes.

The Drug war has failed and it's time to try something different at least for things like weed.

Illegal growers could be squeezed out of the governments weren't so greedy.

Forum List

Back