Legal Gay Marriage in the United States- yes or no?

Should same gender couples be able to legally marry in the United States

• Yes

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
The constitution doesn't define anyone as "real" men or women. Are you saying gay people aren't real?

There's no reason it should—no reason there ought to be any need to do so. Since long before the Constitution was written, since long before the United States was founded, since long before Europeans even knew about this continent; people knew the difference between men and women, knew the biological function of the two separate sexes, and understood the purpose of marriage within the context of that biological function.

That our modern society has lately become infested with mental- and moral-defectives, who either deny, or perhaps sincerely do not understand these important distinctions, is not an issue that the authors of the Constitution could have anticipated, nor is the Constitution an instrument by which this issue could reasonably be addressed. These are psychiatric issues, and moral issues, not political issues.

It is a dire mistake for society to demand or expect or even tolerate that our legal system should be corrupted in order to treat madness as equal to sanity, perversion as equal to decency, or evil as equal to good.
Gay men are still men. Gay women are still women.

Not really, some do not identify with their gender, but that is because you are not well educated on this subject, you just run debunked far left narratives.

You don’t draw lines of morality?

Incest, polygamy, pedophillia all OK with you?

I just know history better so I know where the line should be.
I bet you are okay with men in their 30s preying on teens at the mall, amirite?

See this is about running a debunked far left narrative!
Debunked? How so?

It has been debunked many times on this board, it may not have been posted in the sewers of USMB for you to read!

Silly far left drone!
So you have no proof. What a surprise.

Plenty of creditable proof on the internet, but it would require you to leave the confines of the far left religious hack sites!

But the far left mentality is to post kn own bunk and expect others to prove you wrong!

Even two year olds do not do this anymore!

Yeah because treating gay couples equally before the law is the exact same thing as not treating a black man equally before the law. Thank you Roy Moore for your opinion.

View attachment 163461

Hilarious you establish a sexual moral code in this thread
Call me crazy but I think preying on teens is wrong.
And I think 2 men being able to adopt little boys and girls is wrong.
Fair enough though I don't agree with you. You are reacting emotionally based on what you've been fed. I'd say the vast majority of gay couples aren't interested in preying on children while the vast majority of grown men that prey on children are interested in preying on children.

Hilarious you establish a sexual moral code in this thread
Call me crazy but I think preying on teens is wrong.
And I think 2 men being able to adopt little boys and girls is wrong.
Fair enough though I don't agree with you. You are reacting emotionally based on what you've been fed. I'd say the vast majority of gay couples aren't interested in preying on children while the vast majority of grown men that prey on children are interested in preying on children.
I have history and every leader in history on my side.

Can the far left drones here show anyone that was arrest for being in an illegal gay "marriage"?

Also you drones realize that the marriage license was born out of racism right?
Be that as it may, you still need a license to be legally married...
However, churches have been marrying folks long before the establishment of the US, and when the US passes to the dust bin of history, unincorporated churches will still marry folks that know the difference between what is "legal" and what is "lawful."

14th%2Bamendment%2Bcitizen%2Binc.jpg

We shall see how many of them marry gay folks, or indeed, how many gay folk even wish to get married at that point.
What is the difference between legal and lawful as it applies to same sex couples? The constitution doesn't define anyone as "real" men or women. Are you saying gay people aren't real?
I'm saying that marriage exists as a lawful institution to create children. Therefor it doesn't exist for gay people. The nation state need not extend "legal" protection, but if it wants to, I don't really care.

That is all. It is that simple.

This has been understood by all people, in all cultures, throughout the planet, for millennia. It is common sense. People get married to start families and form communities. That is the purpose of marriage. To bond different families together.

The families of gay couples will not have grandchildren to unite them, and thus, there is no lawful reason to be bonded. I'm talking about "natural law," nothing to do with the nation state.

This is not to say that homosexual folks don't have a proper role in society as teachers, writers, artists, politicians, military leaders, sports stars, entertainers, etc. Some of my mentors, idols and most intelligent men and women in the history of the planet have been gay, but they never made any pretenses about "starting families." Ever. All of them had much grander aspirations.

Heteros all have that nasty biological drive. LGBT's are freed from such a burdens as reproduction and child rearing, it enables them to give civilization their talents and gifts to the community at large. To hold them back with trivialities of families and all that other nonsense? That's a crime against our civilization and just silliness. Why would intelligent ones even care about such things?

Perhaps a more fair system would be marriage tax breaks and LGBT tax breaks? :laugh:

No leader in history - Buddha, Jesus, Mohammed, Mao, Stalin, Churchill, Washington, Lincoln, MLK, etc etc etc ever hinted that homosexuals should be allowed to marry.

Suddenly we have a generation that thinks it’s smarter than everyone in human history that ever lived.
Jesus never said gays couldn't marry. Interesting, but wrong, that you compare him with Stalin. Shows you have a lot in common with Stalin.
Your reading comprehension skills are 3rd grade level.
And you using Jesus as a tool shows a lack of humility ;)

No leader in history - Buddha, Jesus, Mohammed, Mao, Stalin, Churchill, Washington, Lincoln, MLK, etc etc etc ever hinted that homosexuals should be allowed to marry.

Suddenly we have a generation that thinks it’s smarter than everyone in human history that ever lived.
Jesus never said gays couldn't marry. Interesting, but wrong, that you compare him with Stalin. Shows you have a lot in common with Stalin.
Jesus is one of a million leaders in history I can list who never even hinted homos should marry.

All these tears over gay marriage are simply delicious.

IMG_2129.GIF

And biology still dictates that men are created to mate with women. Not men with men, not women with women. Homosexuality is a biological defect, not a normal, proper condition.
Defect isn't the right word. Many straight people make poor and even horrible parents. I wonder if you'd call them defective. Biologically, all mammals have instances of same sex couples. Biologically speaking, they could exist to pick up the parenting slack.

Why is this so important to you though? I never have understood this fear of gay people.

And biology still dictates that men are created to mate with women. Not men with men, not women with women. Homosexuality is a biological defect, not a normal, proper condition.
Defect isn't the right word. Many straight people make poor and even horrible parents. I wonder if you'd call them defective. Biologically, all mammals have instances of same sex couples. Biologically speaking, they could exist to pick up the parenting slack.

Why is this so important to you though? I never have understood this fear of gay people.
Biologically all mammals have instances of eating their young too.

Can the far left drones here show anyone that was arrest for being in an illegal gay "marriage"?

Also you drones realize that the marriage license was born out of racism right?
Be that as it may, you still need a license to be legally married...
However, churches have been marrying folks long before the establishment of the US, and when the US passes to the dust bin of history, unincorporated churches will still marry folks that know the difference between what is "legal" and what is "lawful."

14th%2Bamendment%2Bcitizen%2Binc.jpg

We shall see how many of them marry gay folks, or indeed, how many gay folk even wish to get married at that point.
What is the difference between legal and lawful as it applies to same sex couples? The constitution doesn't define anyone as "real" men or women. Are you saying gay people aren't real?
I'm saying that marriage exists as a lawful institution to create children. Therefor it doesn't exist for gay people. The nation state need not extend "legal" protection, but if it wants to, I don't really care.

That is all. It is that simple.

This has been understood by all people, in all cultures, throughout the planet, for millennia. It is common sense. People get married to start families and form communities. That is the purpose of marriage. To bond different families together.

The families of gay couples will not have grandchildren to unite them, and thus, there is no lawful reason to be bonded. I'm talking about "natural law," nothing to do with the nation state.

This is not to say that homosexual folks don't have a proper role in society as teachers, writers, artists, politicians, military leaders, sports stars, entertainers, etc. Some of my mentors, idols and most intelligent men and women in the history of the planet have been gay, but they never made any pretenses about "starting families." Ever. All of them had much grander aspirations.

Heteros all have that nasty biological drive. LGBT's are freed from such a burdens as reproduction and child rearing, it enables them to give civilization their talents and gifts to the community at large. To hold them back with trivialities of families and all that other nonsense? That's a crime against our civilization and just silliness. Why would intelligent ones even care about such things?

Perhaps a more fair system would be marriage tax breaks and LGBT tax breaks? :laugh:
Thanks for the clarification. I would argue, though, that gay people also have a biological need to reproduce. I doubt that who someone is attracted to changes that, though it may make things more difficult.

Maybe eliminating tax breaks would end marriage as we know it.

Jesus is one of a million leaders in history I can list who never even hinted homos should marry.
He never said they shouldn't. He also never said we should eat ice cream.

Wow- so you think we should be looking to Mao or Stalin for approval of gays marrying?

I happen to respect the Dali Lama

Dalai Lama supports gay marriage

The Dalai Lama, in an interview, said that gay marriage was up to each government and was ultimately "individual business".

"If two people – a couple – really feel that way is more practical, more sort of satisfaction, both sides fully agree, then OK," he told an online talk show by veteran radio and television host Larry King.

The Dalai Lama said though that people should still follow their own religions' rules on sexuality.

Biologically all mammals have instances of eating their young too.
Do they?

I'm just giving my opinion I do not know what the laws are in each state. "Gay Marriage is legal in CA that is all I know.
If I were gay and living with my partner why in the world would I want to marry? With the breakup rates among gays as high as it is...no thanks.

Common law in California is 7 years!

I still have yet to see any example of anyone being jailed for being in an illegal gay marriage.
That's because it didn't happen...

Really? You think so?

Yet we were told it was illegal..

You would think at least one would have been arrested during this illegal era!

Georgia's amendment passed in 2004 to prevent gay marriage or legal recognition of domestic partnerships
(a) This state shall recognize as marriage only the union of man and woman. Marriages between persons of the same sex are prohibited in this state.
(b) No union between persons of the same sex shall be recognized by this state as entitled to the benefits of marriage. This state shall not give effect to any public act, record, or judicial proceeding of any other state or jurisdiction respecting a relationship between persons of the same sex that is treated as a marriage under the laws of such other state or jurisdiction. The courts of this state shall have no jurisdiction to grant a divorce or separate maintenance with respect to any such relationship or otherwise to consider or rule on any of the parties' respective rights arising as a result of or in connection with such relationship.[3]

So who all the people that were arrest for being in an illegal gay marriage..

Post just one person who was arrested!

See you pushing an old far left religious agenda that has always been moot!

And here again is the far right religious agenda to discriminate against homosexuals- Georgia's amendment
(a) This state shall recognize as marriage only the union of man and woman. Marriages between persons of the same sex are prohibited in this state.
(b) No union between persons of the same sex shall be recognized by this state as entitled to the benefits of marriage. This state shall not give effect to any public act, record, or judicial proceeding of any other state or jurisdiction respecting a relationship between persons of the same sex that is treated as a marriage under the laws of such other state or jurisdiction. The courts of this state shall have no jurisdiction to grant a divorce or separate maintenance with respect to any such relationship or otherwise to consider or rule on any of the parties' respective rights arising as a result of or in connection with such relationship.[3]

Jesus is one of a million leaders in history who never said one thing against homosexuals and never once said that they shouldn't marry.

Not that it stops people from abusing his name to persecute homosexuals.

Forum List

Back