Leftist demand we stay in Syria and that Turkish military would never fire on US soldiers...

• Banned

There is NOT ALREADY A THREAD pointing out the left was wrong and asking them if they are still thinking we belong in Syria.

Well lefties, do we? Can you admit you were wrong?

PS. Don't be butthurt that I called you out yesterday Don't Taz. This is a different subject.

• Banned

Trumps statements have nothing to do with this thread. This thread is about the left claiming that Turkey would never engage with us soldiers. You were wrong.

What leftists said that?

Many said those exact words while the rest implied that the mere presence of 50 US soldiers would keep Turkey at bay.

You were all wrong

Trumps statements have nothing to do with this thread. This thread is about the left claiming that Turkey would never engage with us soldiers. You were wrong.

What leftists said that?

Many said those exact words while the rest implied that the mere presence of 50 US soldiers would keep Turkey at bay.

You were all wrong

I've NEVER heard anyone say that. NEVER. BTW, Turkey didn't invade until after Trump gave the green light.

I've NEVER heard anyone say that. NEVER. BTW, Turkey didn't invade until after Trump gave the green light.

But you can't plan and amass a force to march into another country within 24 hours.

What leftists said that?

You were all wrong

Turkey has been preparing for 10 months you idiot.

What leftists said that?

Gramps made it up.

On the other hand, the left would be right claiming Turkish soldiers wouldn't fire on U.S. soliders, provided a U.S. president unmistakably makes it clear, "You fire at our troops, and I will crush you." And here you have the complete explanation for why Erdogan dared to fire on U.S. troops.

Gramps just fantasizes about a way to blame it on "Leftist" - the Dear Leader needs to be protected against the fall-out of selling U.S. troops down the river. Gramps loves to be servile like that.

Last edited:

But you can't plan and amass a force to march into another country within 24 hours.

BUT, they didn't march in until Trump gave the green light.

Probably the preparations took 6-12 months.
Once preparations were completed, there was a call at the highest level to inform the other side to prevent American collateral damage.

BUT, they didn't march in until Trump gave the green light.

Probably the preparations took 6-12 months.
Once preparations were completed, there was a call at the highest level to inform the other side to prevent American collateral damage.

Bullshit. Turkey already had forces on the border to combat some so-called Kurdish terrorists. Most Kurds are not terrorists. Turkey, on the other hand, is a terrorist country.

Bullshit. Turkey already had forces on the border to combat some so-called Kurdish terrorists. Most Kurds are not terrorists. Turkey, on the other hand, is a terrorist country.

"Invading" and "holding territory" in another country necessitates a lot more hardware than just fighting terrorists.
Maybe also different hardware.
This hardware didn't arrive at the border 24 hours after Trump's call from all over Turkey. :)

"Invading" and "holding territory" in another country necessitates a lot more hardware than just fighting terrorists.
Maybe also different hardware.
This hardware didn't arrive at the border in 24 hours from all over Turkey. :)

How do you know what was already there and what had to arrive?

How do you know what was already there and what had to arrive?

Thank you, you agree with me.
When you assume the hardware was already there then we can assume there was already a plan on the Turkish side long before Trump's call.

Well lefties, do we? Can you admit you were wrong?
It's too late now, gramps. The damage is done. We've already cut & run after the Dictator of Turkey manipulated Trump into removing the one thing that kept Turkey at bay and ISIS contained. It was only 50 troops, but Erdogan knew that to fire on those troops would bring the full force of American emnity to bear. But now, with Trump's blessing Erdogan spits on sanctions and pisses on our outrage and our concern for the people that have carried our burden out of faith and trust in our word. In recent years I heard that we lost some 30 troops and the Kurds lost about 11K in the fight against ISIS in Syria. Our presence held back the Turks. Now that bell has rung and we can't unring it, so we may as well get out completely before we betray anybody else looking to us for protection. Oh, yeah...Trump IS tossing money in the general direction of Syria for some mumbled humanitarian purpose, like that will make up for genocide.
After the Civil War, part of R E Lee's home at Arlington was confiscated and turned into a cemetery for the fallen, a slap at Gen Lee by a bitter General, Mears I think it was. He had a few unkind words for Lee and wanted him to look upon those graves every day. I wish we could bury every man, woman and child murdered by the Turks in the Kurdish zone of Syria on the front lawn at Mar-A-Lago.

Forum List

Back