Left wingers. Is it now your position you never opposed voter I.D. laws?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Close to 70% of Blacks support voter ID laws.....as do a majority of hispanics and whites, and Asians...

The democrat party has fought Voter ID laws tooth and nail.....till now.

Now we see the creation of another democrat lie...

The Lie?

The democrats never opposed voter ID laws?

the enhancement of that lie, that will happen next...

Republicans oppose voter ID laws...

Earlier this week, House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-SC) absurdly claimed that ā€œno Democrat has never been against voter I.D.ā€

It was a head-scratching comment, considering how many times Democrats have claimed Republicans are racist for including voter I.D. requirements in election reform bills, but Clyburn was adamant.

ā€œI donā€™t know why you guys keep misrepresenting what I said,ā€ Clyburn told Fox News host Neil Cavuto on Tuesday. ā€œI have never said that you should not have voter ID. When I got my voter registration cards, I keep them in my wallet. And when I go to vote, I presented that every time. And I said to them, I am Jim Clyburn, this is my ID, and I want to vote. I have always had voter ID. And thatā€™s why the representative earlier who voted ā€¦ no Democrat has never been against voter ID.ā€

Washington Post fact checker Glenn Kessler began his column, which ultimately awarded Clyburn four pinocchios (the most one can be awarded for telling a lie), by saying the comments, on their face, seemed ā€œabsurd.ā€

And it was. Clyburn previously compared South Carolinaā€™s voter I.D. law to Jim Crow laws, even though it allowed residents to use a driverā€™s license, an I.D. issued by the stateā€™s Department of Motor Vehicles, a passport, or a federal military I.D. in order to vote. The South Carolina law also allowed anyone without a photo I.D. to cast a provisional ballot if they signed an affidavit explaining why they could not obtain a photo I.D.

They won't say it in so many words but they hate voter ID or any other policy that can promote the integrity of our election system. Election cheating is the Democrat parties new heroin, taking the place of suppression of free speech.

Close to 70% of Blacks support voter ID laws.....as do a majority of hispanics and whites, and Asians...

The democrat party has fought Voter ID laws tooth and nail.....till now.

Now we see the creation of another democrat lie...

The Lie?

The democrats never opposed voter ID laws?

the enhancement of that lie, that will happen next...

Republicans oppose voter ID laws...

Earlier this week, House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-SC) absurdly claimed that ā€œno Democrat has never been against voter I.D.ā€

It was a head-scratching comment, considering how many times Democrats have claimed Republicans are racist for including voter I.D. requirements in election reform bills, but Clyburn was adamant.

ā€œI donā€™t know why you guys keep misrepresenting what I said,ā€ Clyburn told Fox News host Neil Cavuto on Tuesday. ā€œI have never said that you should not have voter ID. When I got my voter registration cards, I keep them in my wallet. And when I go to vote, I presented that every time. And I said to them, I am Jim Clyburn, this is my ID, and I want to vote. I have always had voter ID. And thatā€™s why the representative earlier who voted ā€¦ no Democrat has never been against voter ID.ā€

Washington Post fact checker Glenn Kessler began his column, which ultimately awarded Clyburn four pinocchios (the most one can be awarded for telling a lie), by saying the comments, on their face, seemed ā€œabsurd.ā€

And it was. Clyburn previously compared South Carolinaā€™s voter I.D. law to Jim Crow laws, even though it allowed residents to use a driverā€™s license, an I.D. issued by the stateā€™s Department of Motor Vehicles, a passport, or a federal military I.D. in order to vote. The South Carolina law also allowed anyone without a photo I.D. to cast a provisional ballot if they signed an affidavit explaining why they could not obtain a photo I.D.

I just can't EVEN stop laughing! If the universe was a fair and equitable place, they lying lefties' heads would all simultaneously explode. I wouldn't even mind cleaning up the mess.

I personally have never opposed voter ID laws. I don't see how anyone can live in today's society without some form of ID. I am aware that some politicians have come out in opposition, but I think the argument against is bogus.

I don't opposed voter ID laws, but see them only as a partial solution. While I held a valid voter ID, my name wasn't on a voters roll during a local city election and subsequently months later I received a letter telling me that my vote SHOULD have been counted. When they started allowing folks to register as a permanent mail-in voter I immediately signed up to avoid the situation of finding out at the last minute the election board didn't have its act together.

Forum List

Back