Left wing racists force white owners of restaurant to close...because they cook Mexican food....

They should open a taco bell...that's not Mexican food...:badgrin:

I wonder how many racist little leftest eat at taco bell owned by white people...
stupid little uneducated liberal racist pigs....drive them out. Point them out. Shame them every chance you get. They are the new KKK.

[

I'm not the one bitching about the mean bad people who criticized a business and somehow forced them to close.

If the press engages in malicious activities designed to damage a persons reputation or business, isn't that defamation of character?

Hopefully these women sue the shit out of the paper involved. I would sue for damages of one million and punitive damages of $100 million.

What press?

There was no "press" after them, it was individuals commenting on a website, apparently.

False.

This Week in Appropriation: Kooks Burritos and Willamette Week

The Portland Mercury is a local paper.

[

I'm not the one bitching about the mean bad people who criticized a business and somehow forced them to close.

If the press engages in malicious activities designed to damage a persons reputation or business, isn't that defamation of character?

Hopefully these women sue the shit out of the paper involved. I would sue for damages of one million and punitive damages of $100 million.

What press?

There was no "press" after them, it was individuals commenting on a website, apparently.

False.

Apparently the Portland Mercury jumped in after the friendly profile in the Willamette Week.

And the Portland Mercury jumped on after individuals already made the cultural appropriation claim.

And the business closed either because their customer base didn't support them any longer or because they gave up.

[

Apparently the Portland Mercury jumped in after the friendly profile in the Willamette Week.

And the Portland Mercury jumped on after individuals already made the cultural appropriation claim.

And the business closed either because their customer base didn't support them any longer or because they gave up.

The Portland Mercury is a racist leftwing rag - but then you can't be left without being racist, now can you?

My advice to the owners is to sue the Portland Mercury for defamation.

[

The Portland Mercury is a racist leftwing rag - but then you can't be left without being racist, now can you?

My advice to the owners is to sue the Portland Mercury for defamation.

By using the women's own words and having an opinion in an editorial?

Why do you hate the First Amendment?

[

What press?

False.

A weekly, kind of like the National Enquirer. Never read it in the entire time I have lived in Portland.

They should open a taco bell...that's not Mexican food...:badgrin:

I wonder how many racist little leftest eat at taco bell owned by white people...
stupid little uneducated liberal racist pigs....drive them out. Point them out. Shame them every chance you get. They are the new KKK.

Hey, talk to the OP who tried to characterize making burritos as somehow 'racist'. :dunno:

I called him on it and he ran away. Good luck.

So educational, this site. There are more races than we thought. White, black, red, yellow and now "burrito". Live and learn.

[

What press?

False.

A weekly, kind of like the National Enquirer. Never read it in the entire time I have lived in Portland.

No, it's an entertainment/culture weekly like the Chicago Reader or Creative Loafing (Atlanta) or the City Paper(s) in Baltimore and Philly.

Wiki: Willamette Week (WW) is an alternative weekly newspaper and a website published in Portland, Oregon, United States, since 1974.

[

How about a link to the 'paper' that said those things? And, if one can sue nonsensical blogs, there are about a million right wing nut blogs that still state that President Obama was born in Kenya. Bluntly, if those women could not make it in the food wagon business, it was because their business model was wrong, or their food was not up to snuff.

It wasn't part of any paper. The Willamette Week simply ran a fluff article on how these two women traveled to Mexico and got inspired to start selling them. That's all there was to it. The blowback came from (apparently) some trolls on the Yelp review site. After that the Bubble picked it up, tried to connect the business being closed to the Yelp trolling as a causation and even brought in "racism" even though "burrito" is in no way a race. Although technically it is an animal.

And despite the fact that no one, including the two women themselves, alleged that they had been "forced" to close or to do anything as a result of Yelp trolls. That's how dishonesty rolls in Duh Bubble.

If they're closed permanently there could be any number of reasons -- equipment failure, interruptions in supplies, personal issues elsewhere or simply not doing enough business for whatever reasons.

The Yelp reviews that were on topic, for what it's worth, averaged into five stars (out of five).

Why would I do that? I strongly believe "cultural appropriation" is a bullshit term fabricated by the LWLs as part of their PC campaign. It's racist to attack people for such a thing.

But the biggest reason not to is that it wouldn't work.
Yet the far Left continues to do so. Why? Ask Pogo. He seems to be onboard that it's not racist and a totally legitimate form of attack on white people, especially white women.

Funny, I haven't seen that.
Feel free to cite the incidents where Asian, black or Hispanic people were accused of "cultural appropriation" by LWers.

I meant that I didn't read that Pogo is onboard with accusations of cultural appropriation as an attack on people.
He's certainly onboard asserting that it is a proper to do and he refuses to accept that it is racist. Of course, people like him believe only white Americans can be racist.

But the biggest reason not to is that it wouldn't work.
Yet the far Left continues to do so. Why? Ask Pogo. He seems to be onboard that it's not racist and a totally legitimate form of attack on white people, especially white women.

Feel free to cite the incidents where Asian, black or Hispanic people were accused of "cultural appropriation" by LWers.

I meant that I didn't read that Pogo is onboard with accusations of cultural appropriation as an attack on people.
He's certainly onboard asserting that it is a proper to do and he refuses to accept that it is racist. Of course, people like him believe only white Americans can be racist.

I think you draw specious conclusions.

San Francisco's SF Gate isn't known to be a RW publication. It's a webpage for the San Francisco Chronicle.

2 white women opened a Portland burrito pop-up. It closed after cultural appropriation accusations.
A Portland, Ore. burrito shop shuttered a week after being featured in an article, amid accusations of cultural appropriation.

Kali Wilgus and Liz "LC" Connelly took an impromptu road trip to Puerto Nuevo, Mexico last December and became smitten with the tortillas.....Less than 10 days after the story ran, Kooks is closed, and its presence has been completely scrubbed from social media.

What went wrong for the two tortilla lovers? A maelstrom of cultural appropriation accusations after their quotes surfaced

Another "cultural appropriation" story from them:
Dreadlocks student: She said, 'Sorry, we don't want people with your hair here'
The white San Francisco State student who was confronted by a black student over his hairstyle has come forward to defend his right to wear his hair in dreadlocks.

In a video interview with the Golden Gate Xpress that was more than four times longer than the viral video of Monday's confrontation, Cory Goldstein explained that he doesn't believe that putting knots in his hair amounts to appropriation of black culture because people of African origin are not the only cultural group to wear dreadlocks. He says that, in the past, Egyptians, Vikings, the Irish — and "even Victorians" — have worn their hair in that style.

The 22-year-old environmental studies major said he was accosted by the student in the Cesar Chavez Student Center.

"I looked at her and she said, 'Sorry, we don't want people with your hair here,' and I was like, wow, that's really rude," Goldstein said.

Goldstein said he left, but she followed him "down two flights of stairs" to discuss his hairstyle. He said he tried to get away from her, but she wouldn't let him.

Of course you do since I disagree with you. What else can you say? Fight me with facts or evidence? LOL

It is a good thing, people from Hamburg, don't get upset with us making hamburgers.
Funny and agreed.

Why aren't Asians equally attacked for wearing "western dress"? Blacks for straightening and dying their hair like Northern Europeans?

4034931500000578-0-image-a-1_1494519959309.jpg

This is how fucked up "cultural appropriation" is:

White Woman wears dreadlocks = cultural appropriation.

Black Woman dyes her hair blond and straightens it = fashion trend setter
that's not a very good example...
black women can be born with blonde hair as well.. although it is less common.
Dreadlocks are something created not genetic, stemming from religious practice holding a spiritual meaning..
Nice dodge. So are you claiming Beyonce was born that way? Here, let me help you decide:
Beyonce-as-a-child-e1447427251889.jpe
I did not claim that beyonce was born that way I claimed having blond hair is a genetic trait that can ALSO be seen in African Americans.

View attachment 129213
nuxyrue.jpg
Ummmm, wrong again dude. Those aren't "African-Americans". They're Melanesians of Solomon Islands. Are you now claiming Beyonce is from the Solomon Islands or will you admit her hair isn't genetically blonde nor naturally straight?....or are you just trying to derail off that topic?

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2012/05/origin-blond-afros-melanesia

It is a good thing, people from Hamburg, don't get upset with us making hamburgers.
Funny and agreed.

Why aren't Asians equally attacked for wearing "western dress"? Blacks for straightening and dying their hair like Northern Europeans?

Dreadlocks are something created not genetic, stemming from religious practice holding a spiritual meaning..
Nice dodge. So are you claiming Beyonce was born that way? Here, let me help you decide:
I did not claim that beyonce was born that way I claimed having blond hair is a genetic trait that can ALSO be seen in African Americans.

View attachment 129213
nuxyrue.jpg
Ummmm, wrong again dude. Those aren't "African-Americans". They're Melanesians of Solomon Islands. Are you now claiming Beyonce is from the Solomon Islands or will you admit her hair isn't genetically blonde nor naturally straight?....or are you just trying to derail off that topic?

I am not claiming anything of Beyonce specifically. I'm saying blond hair or straight hair can show up in any race of people. Comparing it to dreadlocks is silly as dreadlocks are not genetic.

Funny and agreed.

View attachment 129213
nuxyrue.jpg

I am not claiming anything of Beyonce specifically. I'm saying blond hair or straight hair can show up in any race of people. Comparing it to dreadlocks is silly as dreadlocks are not genetic.
Beyonce's hair, straight or blonde, isn't genetic either. Do you or do you not agree she is as guilty of cultural appropriation as the LW "environmental student" who had dreadlocks?

BTW, the history of Dreadlocks: Dreadlocks - Wikipedia

Of course you do since I disagree with you. What else can you say? Fight me with facts or evidence? LOL

Dear, you cannot even pinpoint the "problem" in this situation. You seem to hate free speech.

Dear, you cannot even pinpoint the "problem" in this situation. You seem to hate free speech.
Is hate speech free speech?

Forum List

Back