Leader Wanted

OldLady

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2015
Sen. Tom Carper (D Delaware) was on Meet The Press this morning and he remarked on President Trump in a way that really rang true and covered most of what people seem to be bellyaching about:

"The most important ingredient in the success of any organization, large or small--state, government, business, school--is always leadership. I've been trained as a leader since I was a 12 year old boyscout, ()cadet, midshipman, naval flight officer for 23 years.

One of the things they taught us early on in the Navy is
treat other people the way you want to be treated. They taught us that leaders don't build themselves up by pushing other people down. Leaders surround themselves with the best people they can find, and when they do well, you give them the credit. Everything I was trained on as a leader, this man is none of those things. Is none of those things. I look at it and I shake my head.

It's got to be harder for him to recruit people to come and work for him. They're having a terrible time filling positions. I was told by John Verasso (Senator from Wyoming) that they are just not getting names. Six hundred positions and they've got what--108 names? ..."

He put in a nutshell what's wrong, at heart, with this President.

That's beside the fact that our President just put out a doctored video showing him beating up a guy whose face was replaced with the CNN logo, showing his adolescent and perfectly happy with violence frame of mind. Rolling on the floor of the WWE stage in his suit and extra long tie. Nice touch. A few days ago, he put out a string of his mean girls tweets about the Morning Joe folks in language that was escalated, even for him. That is still just annoying noise from the Orange Shitlord, though. The real problem is what Carper said, and what won't be easily laughed off.

Is it impeachable? No. But it's why he's not getting healthcare passed, isn't going to get his Wall funded and won't be invited back in 2020.

Being Mr nice guy never helped George Bush did it. Had he fought back and stopped the toxic media then we would not have what we have from them today.

And the democrat bastards aren't done with GWB TODAY.

So, spare the angst of reporters. They brought this on themselves by a steadfast refusal to tell the truth.

Trump is a typical CEO scum bucket.

Their solutions to every problem is only superficial and only fools Wall Street.

upload_2017-7-2_13-10-50.jpeg

That's Deplorable. Just Deplorable.

Should he and all his supporters get to the back of the bus?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Being Mr nice guy never helped George Bush did it. Had he fought back and stopped the toxic media then we would not have what we have from them today.

And the democrat bastards aren't done with GWB TODAY.

So, spare the angst of reporters. They brought this on themselves by a steadfast refusal to tell the truth.

Agreed.

The dems have been having it all their way for far too long. It's way past time for some push back.

I have come to the conclusion that Trump WANTS to be impeached because he never really wanted the job in the first place. He did everything possible to sabotage his election and looked shocked when he won.

After the election, in the 60 Minutes interview he looked scared. Like a deer caught in the headlights. He's gone on record as saying he misses his old life. He misses driving. He's looked miserable the whole time, except when meeting with the Russian Ambassador. That's the only time he's laughed or smiled.

After Republicans and Democrats castigated him on the Morning Joe tweets and said "This is harming your agenda", he's doubled down by inciting violence against CNN. He wants out but doesn't know how to do that.

He wants to be impeached so he can complain about how ill used he was until the end of his days. Trump lives to play the perpetual victim.

There is no question in my mind that Donald J. Trump is a deplorable human being, I do not think his personality or character are suitable for someone who holds any political office, let alone the POTUS. BUT - all that is water under the bridge, the man was elected and IS the POTUS and that's it, end of story. Now maybe information and credible evidence surfaces at some point that is cause enough for impeachment, but so far there's nothing close to that at least that we know of. Therefore, it is past time for everyone to simmer down and lower the vitriolic temperature below the point where the more impressionable among us are incited to violence.

I cannot dispute what Carper said, I think it's all true. BUT - we've still got a country to run and problems to address and we better get to it. It doesn't matter if the man in the oval office is a total jerk, our problems are still the same and IMHO we need to stop obsessing about him and focus instead on creating a better future for all of us.

I have come to the conclusion that Trump WANTS to be impeached because he never really wanted the job in the first place. He did everything possible to sabotage his election and looked shocked when he won.

After the election, in the 60 Minutes interview he looked scared. Like a deer caught in the headlights. He's gone on record as saying he misses his old life. He misses driving. He's looked miserable the whole time, except when meeting with the Russian Ambassador. That's the only time he's laughed or smiled.

After Republicans and Democrats castigated him on the Morning Joe tweets and said "This is harming your agenda", he's doubled down by inciting violence against CNN. He wants out but doesn't know how to do that.

He wants to be impeached so he can complain about how ill used he was until the end of his days. Trump lives to play the perpetual victim.

upload_2017-7-2_13-20-13.jpeg

Speaking of perpetual victims how about...

We were enslaved and demand reparations till the end of time.

Sound familiar?

*****SMILE*****

:)

I'm sure you would prefer Trump just let creeps like Joe and Mika go on tv daily and slander the shit out of him without responding.

No one can defend against what Carper said about leadership, though, can they?

You can come up with all the snarky, stupid, social media garbage responses you want about the tweets--that is just an example of what Trump is INSTEAD of a leader.

I'm sure you would prefer Trump just let creeps like Joe and Mika go on tv daily and slander the shit out of him without responding.
Yup. That's what Presidents do.

it's why he's not getting healthcare passed, isn't going to get his Wall funded

So your opinion of Trump will go up when "healthcare" is passed and "his Wall" gets funded? Or are you just being disingenuous?

Sen. Tom Carper (D Delaware) was on Meet The Press this morning and he remarked on President Trump in a way that really rang true and covered most of what people seem to be bellyaching about:

"The most important ingredient in the success of any organization, large or small--state, government, business, school--is always leadership. I've been trained as a leader since I was a 12 year old boyscout, ()cadet, midshipman, naval flight officer for 23 years.

One of the things they taught us early on in the Navy is
treat other people the way you want to be treated. They taught us that leaders don't build themselves up by pushing other people down. Leaders surround themselves with the best people they can find, and when they do well, you give them the credit. Everything I was trained on as a leader, this man is none of those things. Is none of those things. I look at it and I shake my head.

It's got to be harder for him to recruit people to come and work for him. They're having a terrible time filling positions. I was told by John Verasso (Senator from Wyoming) that they are just not getting names. Six hundred positions and they've got what--108 names? ..."

He put in a nutshell what's wrong, at heart, with this President.

That's beside the fact that our President just put out a doctored video showing him beating up a guy whose face was replaced with the CNN logo, showing his adolescent and perfectly happy with violence frame of mind. Rolling on the floor of the WWE stage in his suit and extra long tie. Nice touch. A few days ago, he put out a string of his mean girls tweets about the Morning Joe folks in language that was escalated, even for him. That is still just annoying noise from the Orange Shitlord, though. The real problem is what Carper said, and what won't be easily laughed off.

Is it impeachable? No. But it's why he's not getting healthcare passed, isn't going to get his Wall funded and won't be invited back in 2020.

I'm there with you, OldLady.

it's why he's not getting healthcare passed, isn't going to get his Wall funded

So your opinion of Trump will go up when "healthcare" is passed and "his Wall" gets funded? Or are you just being disingenuous?
My opinion of Trump won't go up because he isn't going to have a personality transplant.
Those are examples of what he wants that he can't lead the people to agree to.

Look up disingenuous, btw.

There is no question in my mind that Donald J. Trump is a deplorable human being, I do not think his personality or character are suitable for someone who holds any political office, let alone the POTUS. BUT - all that is water under the bridge, the man was elected and IS the POTUS and that's it, end of story. Now maybe information and credible evidence surfaces at some point that is cause enough for impeachment, but so far there's nothing close to that at least that we know of. Therefore, it is past time for everyone to simmer down and lower the vitriolic temperature below the point where the more impressionable among us are incited to violence.

I cannot dispute what Carper said, I think it's all true. BUT - we've still got a country to run and problems to address and we better get to it. It doesn't matter if the man in the oval office is a total jerk, our problems are still the same and IMHO we need to stop obsessing about him and focus instead on creating a better future for all of us.
He's a little hard to ignore, sitting there in 1600 Pennsylvania. I know I started this thread, but I do agree with you. Trump never made it secret what he was like and he was elected. So it is up to us to cope with it. I think it's ridiculous that there are people protesting in the streets today demanding his impeachment. For what? Being an asshole?
I wasn't actually trying to be vitriolic, here, though--maybe Shitlord was a little over the top, I'll admit.

Lol i won't disagree.
Who was the last real leader we had? Who was the last leader that cared about WE the people?

Forum List

Back