Lazy crane operators

Interesting take on this...what should the Fed Govt to do fix this problem?

The finger-pointing at the busy Los Angeles County ports comes as scores of container ships are anchored off the California coast, waiting in some cases for weeks to unload their freight. The Biden administration has scrambled to get shipping executives, port officials, and labor to tackle the problem. While the reasons for the burgeoning backlog are complex, truck drivers say not everyone seems to be working together.

“In 15 years of doing this job, I’ve never seen them work slower,” said Antonio, who has spent hours waiting at Los Angeles County ports for cargo to be loaded. “The crane operators take their time, like three to four hours to get just one container. You can’t say anything to them, or they will just go [help] someone else.”
Lazy ass dock hands aren't anything knew. That's why I don't fuck around with them.

Yahoo news is never right wing. I mean you have to consider how the hell Tori Richards could have interviewed enoug truck drivers to get a story like this It's freaking nuts.
Agreed, the story is nuts.

The government tells truck drivers how to act. Since that's the case, it oughta be illegal to detain a driver more than two hours loading, or unloading. If it happens, the driver should be able to report the shipper/receiver and that company be saddled with a significant fine.
Why? The driver is being paid to wait.

No he isn't...lol. OTR drivers don't get paid by the hour. They're paid by the miles, or by the load. If the wheels ain't turnin, they ain't earnin.
That is the difference between contractors and employees. California ports are covered under AB5 mentioned above.

The takeaway from your OP is to blame union and crane operators for the problem.

Sorry you took it that way, really the purpose was to mock the 2300 threads wondering why Biden has not yet fixed the supply chain problem. As if the Fed Govt could do that

Interesting take on this...what should the Fed Govt to do fix this problem?

The finger-pointing at the busy Los Angeles County ports comes as scores of container ships are anchored off the California coast, waiting in some cases for weeks to unload their freight. The Biden administration has scrambled to get shipping executives, port officials, and labor to tackle the problem. While the reasons for the burgeoning backlog are complex, truck drivers say not everyone seems to be working together.

“In 15 years of doing this job, I’ve never seen them work slower,” said Antonio, who has spent hours waiting at Los Angeles County ports for cargo to be loaded. “The crane operators take their time, like three to four hours to get just one container. You can’t say anything to them, or they will just go [help] someone else.”
Remember Reagan and the air traffic controlers?

Lazy assed (union) dock hands and lazy assed crane operators? It didn't take long for democrat run unions to eat their own to preserve a regime run by a mentally impaired idiot who doesn't give a damn about them.
The unions voted for Trump my dear...

Rank-and-file union members snub Biden for Trump​

In some unions, especially the building trades, support for the president remains solid despite the efforts of labor leaders to convince members otherwise.

The unions voted for Trump my dear...

Rank-and-file union members snub Biden for Trump​

In some unions, especially the building trades, support for the president remains solid despite the efforts of labor leaders to convince members otherwise.

I'm not your dear and unions were run and supported by democrats.

Let me get this straight, a yahoo unknown named Tori Richards claims that truckers blame crane operators for the container crisis and we are supposed to believe this left wing crap? It beats blaming silent Joe anyway.
Um, no. Yahoo hosted a story created by the Washington Examiner. Perhaps they could have made that more obvious by sticking the logo right upfront.. Oh, wait.. They did.
dd9f39e0-d528-11eb-bbfd-9e5fb2149997

Yahoo news is never right wing. I mean you have to consider how the hell Tori Richards could have interviewed enoug truck drivers to get a story like this It's freaking nuts.
Doubling down on the stupid is just how you roll, ain't it bro!
The Washington Examiner spoke to six truck drivers

Sorry you took it that way, really the purpose was to mock the 2300 threads wondering why Biden has not yet fixed the supply chain problem. As if the Fed Govt could do that

One thing Biden and his Dimocrat cronies could have done, was not create the massive Covid 'stay-at-home-' money that has kept so many people away from work for much too long!

Forum List

Back