Lawyer Attempting to Get Back Kyle Rittenhouse's $2m Bail Money

Most of the government's case against Rittenhouse has already been thrown out. There might not even be enough left to charge him with any crime.

If an organization put up the bail money. The organization will get that money back. It's not unlike a bail bondsman. The defendant never gets the money put up for bail. It always belongs to the bonding company. Rittenhouse would have to prove that the intent of the donors was to give that money to him, personally. It's just premature to give the money back at all. Wait until he's acquitted or the case dropped.

Here is one:

Poor little commie, evidently you didn't read your own damn link. From your link:

If a person other than defendant pays the bond, and receives no notification nor signs an agreement to the attachment of the bond upon execution, the laws of bailment apply. The person who paid the bond is the bailor, and the person being released by the bond is the bailee. The bailor’s property is used to secure the release of the bailee who promises to appear for all hearings in the matter and perform all other necessary acts insuring that the bond would not be revoked. Upon completion of the case, the bailor is entitled to a full refund of the bond without any deductions of money. See J.J. Richard Farm Corporation v. State of Indiana, 642 N.E.2d 1384 (1994).

and receives no notification nor signs an agreement to the attachment of the bond upon execution
There's the issue, at least in Indiana. Not getting this attachment is something bail bond companies do. This protects them.

In Rittenhouse's case, yes, they can deduct from the bail funds. A local news link:

And settle down son, you are rabid.

And more info:

(4) If a judgment of conviction is entered in a prosecution in which a deposit had been made in accordance with sub. (1) (d), the balance of the deposit, after deduction of the bond costs, shall be applied first to the payment of any restitution ordered under s. 973.20 and then, if ordered restitution is satisfied in full, to the payment of the judgment.

There's the issue, at least in Indiana. Not getting this attachment is something bail bond companies do. This protects them.

In Rittenhouse's case, yes, they can deduct from the bail funds. A local news link:

And settle down son, you are rabid.

Once again you stupid little commie, according to your first link bail bond companies are automatically protected, there's no need for them to sign the agreement. As far as your second link, I don't allow ads on any site, so I can read it. So post what you think is relevant.

Once again you stupid little commie, according to your first link bail bond companies are automatically protected, there's no need for them to sign the agreement.
But that is Indiana law, not Wisconsin law. Also, it doesn't appear that you know what attachment means.

I posted the Wisconsin law. Wipe those tears away and read it.

A controversial lawyer who helped raise the $2 million bail money for Kenosha double murder suspect Kyle Rittenhouse is now seeking to have the money returned to his organization at the end of the 18-year-old's trial.

Lin Wood, a defamation lawyer-turned-conspiracy theorist and influential figure in the radical QAnon movement, is attempting to have the money he pulled together to help get the teenager out of jail in November 2020 given to his #FightBack Foundation.

Rittenhouse is accused of killing two people and seriously injuring another during shootings at Black Lives Matter protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, in August 2020.

The pro-Donald Trump attorney, who is currently facing sanctions for his dismissed lawsuits seeking to challenge the result of the 2020 election, managed to raise the $2 million to free Rittenhouse following a successful fundraising campaign backed by a number of conservative figures, along with fellow attorney John Pierce.

Lawyer, a QAnon nutt, raises a $2 million bail to get Kyle out on bond. Now he wants the $2 million to go to his organization.

I want the money to go to Kyle, even if Kyle goes to prison. You?
its not kyles money so it shouldnt go to him,,,

why would you want to steal from a person that just wanted to help??

But that is Indiana law, not Wisconsin law. Also, it doesn't appear that you know what attachment means.

I posted the Wisconsin law. Wipe those tears away and read it.

If the Indiana law is irrelevant, why did you post it and not bother reading it? Also I'm still waiting for you to post what you think is relevant from your second link.

If the Indiana law is irrelevant, why did you post it and not bother reading it?
I did read it. It was the only thing I found at first, that gives an example of retaining the bail funds for restitution. Sorry, I will try to be more diligent, the next time I am spoonfeeding you.

The lawyer might be a sleaze, but I would think that if he or his organization put up the money, that yes, it would go back to him.

I would hope it would not just end up in his pocket but using it for a related cause or giving it to Rittenhouse, afterwards, would be reasonable.

The lawyer might be a sleaze, but I would think that if he or his organization put up the money, that yes, it would go back to him.

I would hope it would not just end up in his pocket but using it for a related cause or giving it to Rittenhouse, afterwards, would be reasonable.
Of course he is a sleaze. Which means anyone he associates with is also a sleaze. So we have one sleaze trying to con the other out of $2 mil.

there must be alot left, since MTG is fundraising for Rittenhouse, and they're using such a stupid defense:

wtlzthannas71.jpg

Forum List

Back