Lawsuit filed against Bump stocks, Feinstein crying

Weird. Pseudocons blame Feinstein for the bump stock ban when it was Trump. And blame Democrats for the ban of full auto machine guns when it was Reagan.

Should't it be Trump that is fuming, not Feinstein? This is his baby.

by the way...the 2nd covers arms, not accessories.
the bump stock itself is hardly worth fighting over. for the most part people just demand some form of victory, however useless it may be.

rubber bands will give the same effect. but people are in this for the "fight" not the "solution"; which is why we're still fighting over all this.
It's a little more than symbolism.

When this ban is shown to be ineffective against anything (which it is), its failure to achieve anything will be used as evidence by the anti-gun freaks as evidence that even more gun grabbing is called for.

This ban will do nothing to stop any future crime but it will create a new category of crime by having it illegal to own one.

There are hundreds of thousands of bump stocks in this country that have never been used in a crime and only one incident of it being used in a crime.

Hardly any reason to ban them. Why ban something for everybody because one person uses it illegally?

They are grossly ineffective as a tactical weapon and that is the reason the chance of them ever being used again is minimal.

This bump stock ban is absolutely bat shit crazy.

Shame on the vile and despicable Liberals for being stupid to think it will make us safer by doing away with our liberties.

Shame on the NRA for selling out its membership to support the ban.

Shame on Trump for going along with he ban.

This ban will do nothing to stop any future crime but it will create a new category of crime by having it illegal to own one.

There are hundreds of thousands of bump stocks in this country that have never been used in a crime and only one incident of it being used in a crime.

Hardly any reason to ban them. Why ban something for everybody because one person uses it illegally?

They are grossly ineffective as a tactical weapon and that is the reason the chance of them ever being used again is minimal.

Shame on the vile and despicable Liberals for being stupid to think it will make us safer by doing away with our liberties.

Make that zero incidents of being used in a crime....The Vegas massacre was done with full-auto weapons, not ARs with bump stocks.

[

for me - i don't think it's a firearm any more than adding say a bayonet onto a rifle makes the knife a "firearm".

Isn't a stock an integral part of any (rifle) firearm?
i can't think of any that are sold with bump stocks on them as a default configuration. it's usually an after market add on.

am i wrong there?

Make that zero incidents of being used in a crime....The Vegas massacre was done with full-auto weapons, not ARs with bump stocks.
he had guns equipped with them but no evidence those are the ones he used that i have ever seen.

I’m always amazed how psycho righties are about the 2nd and how they wipe there ass with the rest of our rights .

[

for me - i don't think it's a firearm any more than adding say a bayonet onto a rifle makes the knife a "firearm".

i can't think of any that are sold with bump stocks on them as a default configuration. it's usually an after market add on.

am i wrong there?

All stocks are ad ons to the receiver. However, the gun will not function without one.

I agree. Toys. And of course we get the knee jerk reaction about a toy.

I am a range officer and see bump stocks quite often. Firing in the bump stock mode I think most shooters would have a hard time hitting anything beyond 25 yds or so. They would empty a 30 rd magazine and I doubt two or three of the rounds would hit inside a man size target. Definitely not at 50 yds or beyond.

There was absolutely no reason to ban them.

I hope the GOA lawsuit is successful. It is time the courts start applying strict scrutiny to the Second Amendment as they do to the other rights. This crap of allowing infringement needs to stop.

No reason? Aren’t they just a cheat around the auto weapon ban and the only value is to cause carnage ?

he had guns equipped with them but no evidence those are the ones he used that i have ever seen.

The details about what actually went on in that room have been very sketchy, haven't they?

Given the fact that he was a nutcase bound and determined to do that despicable act of shooting up a crowd of people then he was an idiot to use a bump stock.

Bump stocks are well known for being unreliable. I see that all the time as a range officer. Most of the time they jam up a gun after a few rounds.

Semi auto would have been more effective.

Since he was rich he could have bought legal F-A guns that would have been more reliable.

He could have used Black Market illegal F-A guns, which would have been more effective.

He could have used converted semi autos. Very easy to convert an AR or AK to full auto and it be just as reliable as a factory gun.

He was stupid using bump stock and that is probably the reason he was only able to shoot for a few minutes.

We should all be glad that given the fact that he was going to do what he did that he chose an unreliable shooting method if he did use the bump stocks. There could have been more casualties.

It is wrong for the government to ban bump stocks. An example of the stupidity of our elected official and example of how the filthy oppressive government can do away with our rights.

This ban is especially despicable seeing that is violates several of our Constitutional rights

- Confiscation of previously legal property (4th)
- Ban of a common arm (2nd)
- Taking without compensation (5th)
- Redefining legislative terms without Congress

[

am i wrong there?

All stocks are ad ons to the receiver. However, the gun will not function without one.
and as far as i know the guns i've seen have a stock on them when sold that doesn't bump. it can be added on later as an accessory.

i think the ban is stupid. i do. but that doesn't mean the bump stock is a standard part of normal gun sale.

The details about what actually went on in that room have been very sketchy, haven't they?

Given the fact that he was a nutcase bound and determined to do that despicable act of shooting up a crowd of people then he was an idiot to use a bump stock.

Bump stocks are well known for being unreliable. I see that all the time as a range officer. Most of the time they jam up a gun after a few rounds.

Semi auto would have been more effective.

Since he was rich he could have bought legal F-A guns that would have been more reliable.

He could have used Black Market illegal F-A guns, which would have been more effective.

He could have used converted semi autos. Very easy to convert an AR or AK to full auto and it be just as reliable as a factory gun.

He was stupid using bump stock and that is probably the reason he was only able to shoot for a few minutes.

We should all be glad that given the fact that he was going to do what he did that he chose an unreliable shooting method if he did use the bump stocks. There could have been more casualties.

It is wrong for the government to ban bump stocks. An example of the stupidity of our elected official and example of how the filthy oppressive government can do away with our rights.

This ban is especially despicable seeing that is violates several of our Constitutional rights

- Confiscation of previously legal property (4th)
- Ban of a common arm (2nd)
- Taking without compensation (5th)
- Redefining legislative terms without Congress
i don't view the bump stock itself as a "gun" - we'll agree to disagree at this point.

I am a range officer and see bump stocks quite often. Firing in the bump stock mode I think most shooters would have a hard time hitting anything beyond 25 yds or so. They would empty a 30 rd magazine and I doubt two or three of the rounds would hit inside a man size target. Definitely not at 50 yds or beyond.

I hope the GOA lawsuit is successful. It is time the courts start applying strict scrutiny to the Second Amendment as they do to the other rights. This crap of allowing infringement needs to stop.

No reason? Aren’t they just a cheat around the auto weapon ban and the only value is to cause carnage ?

You are confused Moon Bat. Probably comes from you reading fake news.

As a range officer I see people using the bump stock for lawful recreational purposes. As far as I know of the hundreds of thousands that have been sold in this country the LV shooter is possibly the only person to ever use one to "cause carnage" and if he did then he was an idiot because he could have cause much more carnage with other weapon systems.

If anybody tried to use one in a crime they would be idiots because they are unreliable and extremely (and I emphasize the word extremely) inaccurate.

As a range officer I see people using the bump stock for lawful recreational purposes. As far as I know of the hundreds of thousands that have been sold in this country the LV shooter is possibly the only person to ever use one to "cause carnage" and if he did then he was an idiot because he could have cause much more carnage with other weapon systems.

If anybody tried to use one in a crime they would be idiots because they are unreliable and extremely (and I emphasize the word extremely) inaccurate.
i would put this like banning the 150 round "double circle" ammo mag for the AR-15. i actually had one that was 100 or 150 and wow. it gets VERY heavy and jams from the first shot. so while it looks vicious anyone using it would be SOL cause it would be too heavy to effectively shoot and when you finally do shoot it, it jams.

[

am i wrong there?

and as far as i know the guns i've seen have a stock on them when sold that doesn't bump. it can be added on later as an accessory.

i think the ban is stupid. i do. but that doesn't mean the bump stock is a standard part of normal gun sale.

The problem is that you can't give the filthy government an excuse to infringe upon our right to keep and bear arms. When you start nitpicking on what constitutes an "arm" then you open up the door for the asshole Liberals to be unreasonable. We see it all the time. You can't trust Liberals to define the limitations of your Constitutional rights because they will fuck you every time.

I have shot bump stocks and at the range I have supervised the shooting of bump stocks. I have absolutely no use for them and think they are silly range toys. However, there is absolutely no need to ban them for the reasons I posted above.

Any time that hateful lying Democrat asshole is pissed it is good for America.

It is illegal for the government to infringe upon the right to keep and bear arms.

Feinstein Fumes as GOA Formally Files Bump Stock Suit | Current Action Alerts

Sen. Feinstein upset about GOA’s lawsuit

Senator Feinstein Rails Against Gun Owners of America
Dear Friend:

feinstein_quote2.png

Gun Owners of America today filed its lawsuit challenging the Trump administration’s illegal and unconstitutional bump stock ban.

GOA's action came on the same day the administration published the regulations in the Federal Register.

Already, gun control advocates have become very dispirited.

Senator Dianne Feinstein lamented that the lawsuit by Gun Owners of America would keep the bump stock ban “tied up in court for years.”

Well, well. Wouldn’t that just be a shame. LOL

Anyway, Gun Owners of America has filed its lawsuit in the Western District of Michigan. You can read it here.
Feinstein would not know the difference between a bump stock in the cap gun...
All progressives are fucked in the head

[

am i wrong there?

The problem is that you can't give the filthy government an excuse to infringe upon our right to keep and bear arms. When you start nitpicking on what constitutes an "arm" then you open up the door for the asshole Liberals to be unreasonable. We see it all the time. You can't trust Liberals to define the limitations of your Constitutional rights because they will fuck you every time.

I have shot bump stocks and at the range I have supervised the shooting of bump stocks. I have absolutely no use for them and think they are silly range toys. However, there is absolutely no need to ban them for the reasons I posted above.
and this goes back to my original point that no side will give an inch cause everything has become a fight.

i would put this like banning the 150 round "double circle" ammo mag for the AR-15. i actually had one that was 100 or 150 and wow. it gets VERY heavy and jams from the first shot. so while it looks vicious anyone using it would be SOL cause it would be too heavy to effectively shoot and when you finally do shoot it, it jams.

I have hundreds of AR magazines. They are all 20 and 30 rounders. Some extended capacity magazines are reliable but most aren't. Besides it only takes a couple of seconds to change out either an AK or AR standard mag. You gain little or nothing having a 150 rd drum.

Forum List

Back