Laws to Protect Women “Un-Islamic”

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
2016-03-03T141007Z_1_LYNXNPEC220T4_RTROPTP_0_PAKISTAN-DAILYLIFE_1.jpg

I simply do not understand why womens organizations here in the USA do not speak out against the way Islamic women are treated. They have no rights and are looked upon as the property of men. Is it right that a Muslim man can divorce his wife and put her and her female children out on the street? Keeping them away from their sons?

Okay, so this story is about Pakistan. It is, however, just one example of how women are treated throughout the Islamic world based upon what the Koran says.

Read the story @ Top Pakistani religious body rules women's protection law 'un-Islamic' - One America News Network

Because to be judgemental is to be biased, and to be biased is a terrible thing in the eyes of those incapable of making a sound judgments.

Because to be judgemental is to be biased, and to be biased is a terrible thing in the eyes of those incapable of making a sound judgments.

Actually, that's not quite it. The Second Wave was made up of white, middle class women and the elite squad exported this movement into areas and they just did not get it. k? It was rejected. Like here because the white middle class women that wanted to enter the workforce did not understand that there were lots of women that were working. Women have always worked outside the home. The issues that they faced were not the same as women on the lower socioeconomic scale and they were not the same issues that African American or Latinas faced then or now.

Now, there are organizations within these communities that state what their objectives are and what they want to accomplish over there and the organizations here support them. Big difference between me telling you what you need and you telling me what you need.

Many times the laws are in place, like outlawing FMG. The problem is that it is tribal and it is the grandmothers that are taking the girls in to have it done.

I simply do not understand why womens organizations here in the USA do not speak out against the way Islamic women are treated. They have no rights and are looked upon as the property of men. Is it right that a Muslim man can divorce his wife and put her and her female children out on the street? Keeping them away from their sons?

Okay, so this story is about Pakistan. It is, however, just one example of how women are treated throughout the Islamic world based upon what the Koran says.

Read the story @ Top Pakistani religious body rules women's protection law 'un-Islamic' - One America News Network
Another good reason to simply nuke Pakistan into oblivion.

Actually, that's not quite it.

That is an integral part of it.

The Second Wave was made up of white, middle class women and the elite squad exported this movement into areas and they just did not get it. k? It was rejected. Like here because the white middle class women that wanted to enter the workforce did not understand that there were lots of women that were working. Women have always worked outside the home. The issues that they faced were not the same as women on the lower socioeconomic scale and they were not the same issues that African American or Latinas faced then or now.

What has that to do with women's organizations not condemning Islamic treatment of women? Surely you recognize the arc of non-judgementalism permeating modern Western political culture.

The problem is that it is tribal and it is the grandmothers that are taking the girls in to have it done.

Perhaps, but that does not change the nature of the events.

Islam's views on women are a real turn-off for me when it comes to Islam.

Islam teaches wife-beating.

It teaches that "men are a degree above women." And they teach that "marriage is half of faith."

3 reasons why I wont be having anything to do with Islam anytime soon.

That is an integral part of it.

I agree in so much as it pertains to the elite squad as a whole. Not so much with organizations in the States whose primary objective is the States.

What has that to do with women's organizations not condemning Islamic treatment of women? Surely you recognize the arc of non-judgementalism permeating modern Western political culture.

It influences how things are done.

Most women's organizations in the US deal with US law. I'm sure that every time there is a specific incident they could resemble the UN and it looks like this: :thewave: and everybody says, "I condemn that action" and does nothing. This type of argument is usually used towards those organizations as if to say sure we may be screwing with you with this law but you don't have it so tough. Look over there. It's exactly like trying to get people to make a choice between Christianity and Islam.

You are more likely to see women as activist individuals (Eve Ensler for example) that go to other countries to either help set up specific actions or projects/movements. Ensler initiated One Billion Rising and was supported by the Aurat Foundation in Pakistan. They target specific behaviors.
- One Billion Rising Revolution

One of the things that I have become very wary of in the last ten years are human right's organizations (NGOs) and groups in the US that are former citizens of whatever country. Not because human rights are not important. They absolutely are. It's the picking and choosing and the coincidentally aligning with specific interests.

Did that make sense? I have a banging headache so I hope so.

National Organization of Women made it clear that the only issue they truly care about is abortion, when they supported Bill Clinton when he was raping women, lewdly exposing himself to women, and exploiting the naivety of a 21-year-old intern.

National Organization of Women made it clear that the only issue they truly care about is abortion, when they supported Bill Clinton when he was raping women, lewdly exposing himself to women, and exploiting the naivety of a 21-year-old intern.

Historically, NOW has focused on reproductive health. They didn't start to branch out to anything else until recently.

They made it clear before Clinton. I'm not sure what your point is.

Why do you feel it's USA's rights to get involved in the MidEast in every aspects of life, anytime they feel like it. It's Pakistan, for God's sake. The people should battle their own civil rights.

Why do you feel it's USA's rights to get involved in the MidEast in every aspects of life, anytime they feel like it. It's Pakistan, for God's sake. The people should battle their own civil rights.
You're from South America and you felt the need to stay involved in the ME.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

"Felt the need to get involved"?!

You're either very bad at comparisons or very stupid.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

"Felt the need to get involved"?!

You're either very bad at comparisons or very stupid.
And you're a taco trying to pass yourself off as a matzo ball. :lmao:

Why do Americans and Europeans feel the overwhelming need to tell people in other countries how to live and think?

Been going on for centuries......maybe it's time to give it a rest. ...... :thup:

Why do Americans and Europeans feel the overwhelming need to tell people in other countries how to live and think?

Been going on for centuries......maybe it's time to give it a rest. ...... :thup:
So islam isn't trying to take over the world and tell everyone what to believe? Ummm.... Ok.

So islam isn't trying to take over the world and tell everyone what to believe? Ummm.... Ok.
It actually isnt. Its our elite who import them into our countries

Just pussy whipped I guess.

So why don't you move to a Muslim country instead of staying in America?

I noticed you did not reply to the thread about wife-beating. Wouldn't you rather live somewhere where it is not illegal to practice your religion (illegal to practice wife-beating?)

Every country has it unique set of laws based on their values and culture.

We might not agree with their laws or how they are enforced.

But it's their country and their culture.

So we should just butt out of their business, and focus on our own problems. ..... :cool:

Every country has it unique set of laws based on their values and culture.

We might not agree with their laws or how they are enforced.

But it's their country and their culture.

So we should just butt out of their business, and focus on our own problems. ..... :cool:

We should live amongst our own kind...your religion ("beat your wife") is illegal in America.

Go to Islamia or somewhere...

Forum List

Back