Laws for thee and not for me.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
Now let’s say you are at work and the Cops show up wit a warrant to seize your phones. How long do you have to comply? A minute? Five? How about twenty minutes of refusing to comply with the warrant? How many charges would you be facing? Obstruction? Resisting a lawful order?

I bet the police would not ask multiple times for compliance. Essentially asking you to turn over the phones pretty please with sugar on top.

Now let’s say you are at work and the Cops show up wit a warrant to seize your phones. How long do you have to comply? A minute? Five? How about twenty minutes of refusing to comply with the warrant? How many charges would you be facing? Obstruction? Resisting a lawful order?

I bet the police would not ask multiple times for compliance. Essentially asking you to turn over the phones pretty please with sugar on top.

I guess I'm at a loss to understand:
A). Why police would be serving papers on other police to seize their phones?​
B). Why they all didn't just group hug, go out and settle this over a box of donuts?​

This is more FNCCEO's class of people. Maybe he can be prevailed upon to explain?

I guess I'm at a loss to understand:
A). Why police would be serving papers on other police to seize their phones?​
B). Why they all didn't just group hug, go out and settle this over a box of donuts?​

This is more FNCCEO's class of people. Maybe he can be prevailed upon to explain?

The Prosecuting Attorney suspected that the Sheriff was sharing information with a friend of his. It would potentially be misconduct and potentially interference in an investigation. The Prosecutor filed a warrant request and a Judge approved it and signed the warrant.

Even if the investigation is absolute bullshit you or I would not be allowed to argue that with the cops serving the warrant. But professional courtesy trumps all other norms.

An update. The Sheriff turned over two phones. Only he did not turn over his phone in accordance with the warrant.

There is only one real law in this world.

Eat or be eaten.

Yeah I have been watching a lot of David Attenborough these days.

Forum List

Back