Law Needed > To Regulate Pet Insurers & Veterinarians

That is a wonderful idea, lets put this in perspective.

1. The AMA doesn't have a policy on pet insurance. Super Ultra Fail
  2. They do. Fail
  3. You want the government involved to fix things that are not a problem.Super Fail
  4. You started this thread by making it about the government, and then complained when people objected to the government being involved in something that is none of the government's business. Massively stupid fail
Want some more perspective, just ask.

1. I'll ask you to exercise some halfway decent reading comprehension. I said nothing about the AMA, so why are you talking about them ? (other than your "Super Ultra Fail" to address what I said about the AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association)

2. They do, do they ? Well, you find me some veterinarians in the north Tampa, Florida area who "do", and I'll be very grateful to you. But up to now you haven't done that, right ? Right, QW ? Right ? Right ? LOL.

3.. You call millions of cats and dogs suffering and dying needlessly "not a problem" ? I call it a problem. If/whenever it might become clear that the AVMA and the veterinarians and pet insurers are not going to change their requirements for pet owners to pay up front before any surgery could proceed, then yes, WE the people will step in with OUR govt to protect ourselves and our pets. And I can assure you that a bunch of ragtag, anti-govt crazies are not going to stand in the way.

4.. PROTECTION of the American people (that includes our pets)
is not only OUR govt's business, it is OUR govt's # 1 priority, 24/7.

5.. Want some more perspective, just ask.

1. You don't know the difference between the AVMA and the AMA, and you think that makes me stupid. Super ultra stupid mega fail.
  2. Why should I make your life easier? The ASPCA has a locator service for vets that take insurance for the incompetent people that can't use a phone, or the intern. Mega fail
  3. I call whining about the government not making it harder on people not a problem. Mega ultra fail
  4. The government does not exist to protect anyone, just ask them. Ultra stupid mega ultra fail
  5. Can't even ask for perspective, beyond fail.

1. HA HA HA. Whatever gave you the idea I don't know the difference between the AMA (American Medical Assn) and the AVMA (American Veterinarian Medical Assn) ? :lol: Oh, this is going beyond foolish and into the realm of bizzare, now. Pheeeeww!! (high-pitched whistle)

2. SO now you talk about the ASPCA having what ? > a "locator service for vets that take insurance for the incompetent people that can't use a phone, or the intern" What on earth (even if its true) does that have to do with anything I'm talking about ? I notice you have a habit of throwing these weird, irrelevant things into the discussion. Strange. :cuckoo:
Well, getting back to the actual discussion, I spoke to the ASPCA a few days ago, and the new pet insurance they just came out with is just like all the others> Pet owners pay up front and get reimbursed later, IF they have the thousands of $$$ to do that. And as I explained in Post # , they also have 2 boxes to check to delineate between pet owner reimbursement or veterinarian reimbursement, BUT, as I previously stated, the vet reimbursement choice is entirely dependent upon the veterinarian giving his/her OK, heavily influenced by the policy of the AVMA, which is still against that.

3. Your third statement doesn't make enough sense (or ANY send) to allow for a response.

4. You have a very distorted conception of the purpose of govt. As I said the # 1 priority of govt is the PROTECTION of the public. (police, courts, prisons, laws, regulatory agencies, etc) Maybe somewhere along this discussion you'll reveal to us the real dog you have in this fight. Own a business ? Have lots of stocks ? Maybe you're even deeply involved in one that kills people in order to boost profits (ex. Merck with Vioxx), and you view the protection that the govt provides as an obstacle. That would make sense. :eusa_shifty:

Last edited:
Maybe you should catch up on this thread. Like the quote you quoted for this very post of yours. Here it is again, since once doesn't seem to be quite enough.

"THE GOVERNMENT is NOT the primary point of this thread, So why does everyone keep yammering about it ? The primary point is for pet insurance to simply be like people insurance" (insofar as the health workers being reimbursed, not us) THIS is the only "lead" I'M talking about, and it has nothing to do with govt.

Nice try at moving the goal posts, spunky - now that you've been crushed in the debate. :eek::eek:

But YOU came in here demanding a law (that would be government, for the democrats on the thread...) that forced pet insurance to follow the model you desire.

I fairly politically suggested that you take a market approach instead, and you came unglued...

Just can't seem to quite get a location on those goalposts, can you ? Well, Mr, Hate the Government, I hope this doesn't make you sick, but OF COURSE I demand a law that would force pet insurance industry to reimburse animal doctors, just as people insurance reimburses people doctors. OF COURSE I demand that. So should everybody else, and I'm sure the overwhelming majority of Americans would agree, if they simply were more aware of the issue. But then they are not anti-govt zealots, out on the lunatic fringe, to the point of endangering lives of people and pets alike, just to enrich themselves or preserve their stock portfolios, or whatever other loon perspective they have.

So I should take a "market approach" should I ? HA HA HA. Well I took a "market approach" when I owned my own business for 12 years , and did quite well with that. But the trouble with market approaches are they are good for ONE thing > marketing a product. But we're not talking about marketing a product, now are we ? No, we're talking about trying to get your pet into surgery to save his life, are you still having trouble getting that ? Pheeeeeeww!! (high-pitched whistle, eyes rolling around in head)

PS - maybe you'd like to take a "market approach" (letting things take their course and doing nothing to interfere), when a HURRICANE comes along ? The people in New Orleans found out how good that is a few years ago with Hurricane Katrina. Market approach. Gag!!! :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Are you a pet owner ? If so, you need to know about this. Currently, veterinarian costs are sky high. To save your dog or cat's life, he/she may need a surgery costing thousands of dollars. You have it on hand to pay the veterinarian upfront ? Under the current "system" if you don't, your pet dies. Simple as that.

Sound shocking ? It is indeed. So what remedy might it be to have pet insurance ? Generally, none whatsoever. That's because, universally, veterinarians require YOU to pay up front, BEFORE any surgery is done, and then you get reimbursed AFTER (2 weeks maybe) the surgery.

Isn't that great and dandy ? And for the great majority of us who don't have thousands of $$$ ready to hand over the counter, we get told the best thing might be to euthanize (kill) you cat or dog. You may not like this, but it is exactly the way they are doing it.

And the AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association is no better than the pet insurers. Their policy on Pet Insurance is in contradiction to some of their alleged fundamental policies. These are:

1. (under Pet Insurance)>> "Reimburse the animal owner,..., for fees previously paid to the veterinarian."

2. (Under Mission Statement) >>
"...to improve animal and human health.."

3. (under Principles of Veterinary Medical Ethics, V. Influences on Judgement) >> "The choice of treatments or animal care should not be influenced by considerations other than the needs of the patient, the welfare of the client,.."

By having their #8 in their Pet Insurance section, their policy is to allow millions of pets to suffer & die needlessly, just to slightly convenience the veterinarian. The great majority of pet owners can't afford to pay thousands of $$ for surgeries up front, and vets thereby suggest that the animals be euthanized. This is hypocritical and preposterous.

Congress! Your approval ratings are at all time lows. Finally you can do something to HELP (remember that concept?) the American people. ACT!!

If you can't afford a pet then don't have one. It's that simple.

1. HA HA HA. Whatever gave you the idea I don't know the difference between the AMA (American Medical Assn) and the AVMA (American Veterinarian Medical Assn) ? :lol: Oh, this is going beyond foolish and into the realm of bizzare, now. Pheeeeww!! (high-pitched whistle)

The fact that you want the AMA to change its policies regarding how veterinarians accept payment was my first clue.

What makes you think you know the difference?

2. SO now you talk about the ASPCA having what ? > a "locator service for vets that take insurance for the incompetent people that can't use a phone, or the intern" What on earth (even if its true) does that have to do with anything I'm talking about ? I notice you have a habit of throwing these weird, irrelevant things into the discussion. Strange. :cuckoo:
Well, getting back to the actual discussion, I spoke to the ASPCA a few days ago, and the new pet insurance they just came out with is just like all the others> Pet owners pay up front and get reimbursed later, IF they have the thousands of $$$ to do that. And as I explained in Post # , they also have 2 boxes to check to delineate between pet owner reimbursement or veterinarian reimbursement, BUT, as I previously stated, the vet reimbursement choice is entirely dependent upon the veterinarian giving his/her OK, heavily influenced by the policy of the AVMA, which is still against that.

That is how human health insurance works, what's your point?

That's right, your point is that you are stupid.

3. Your third statement doesn't make enough sense (or ANY send) to allow for a response.

It doesn't make sense because you can't think clearly.

You actually believe the government has to fix things, even if they actually work.

4. You have a very distorted conception of the purpose of govt. As I said the # 1 priority of govt is the PROTECTION of the public. (police, courts, prisons, laws, regulatory agencies, etc) Maybe somewhere along this discussion you'll reveal to us the real dog you have in this fight. Own a business ? Have lots of stocks ? Maybe you're even deeply involved in one that kills people in order to boost profits (ex. Merck with Vioxx), and you view the protection that the govt provides as an obstacle. That would make sense. :eusa_shifty:

You can say it one million times, it won't change the fact that the government is not proactive, they are reactive. They have to react, they have no way to predict the future. Until they do their number one job will not be to protect people, it will be to provide an unneeded, and useless, product to people by stealing their money, and giving them nothing in return.

Are you a pet owner ? If so, you need to know about this. Currently, veterinarian costs are sky high. To save your dog or cat's life, he/she may need a surgery costing thousands of dollars. You have it on hand to pay the veterinarian upfront ? Under the current "system" if you don't, your pet dies. Simple as that.

Sound shocking ? It is indeed. So what remedy might it be to have pet insurance ? Generally, none whatsoever. That's because, universally, veterinarians require YOU to pay up front, BEFORE any surgery is done, and then you get reimbursed AFTER (2 weeks maybe) the surgery.

Isn't that great and dandy ? And for the great majority of us who don't have thousands of $$$ ready to hand over the counter, we get told the best thing might be to euthanize (kill) you cat or dog. You may not like this, but it is exactly the way they are doing it.

And the AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association is no better than the pet insurers. Their policy on Pet Insurance is in contradiction to some of their alleged fundamental policies. These are:

1. (under Pet Insurance)>> "Reimburse the animal owner,..., for fees previously paid to the veterinarian."

3. (under Principles of Veterinary Medical Ethics, V. Influences on Judgement) >> "The choice of treatments or animal care should not be influenced by considerations other than the needs of the patient, the welfare of the client,.."

By having their #8 in their Pet Insurance section, their policy is to allow millions of pets to suffer & die needlessly, just to slightly convenience the veterinarian. The great majority of pet owners can't afford to pay thousands of $$ for surgeries up front, and vets thereby suggest that the animals be euthanized. This is hypocritical and preposterous.

Congress! Your approval ratings are at all time lows. Finally you can do something to HELP (remember that concept?) the American people. ACT!!

And as I said before twice, we CAN afford, if they did what I said in the OP. Quite simple. If you read the thread, I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.

The fact that you want the AMA to change its policies regarding how veterinarians accept payment was my first clue.

What makes you think you know the difference?

That is how human health insurance works, what's your point?

That's right, your point is that you are stupid.

It doesn't make sense because you can't think clearly.

You actually believe the government has to fix things, even if they actually work.

You can say it one million times, it won't change the fact that the government is not proactive, they are reactive. They have to react, they have no way to predict the future. Until they do their number one job will not be to protect people, it will be to provide an unneeded, and useless, product to people by stealing their money, and giving them nothing in return.

1. This is an INFERIOR forum. First of all, the posters I'm hearing from a bunch of idiots., Secondly, the reply boxes are all screwed up with too much in them, and everything all jumbled up together. If you saw a normal forum, you'd know what I mean.

2. Hard to believe you're still talking to me about the AMA. Are you retarded ? Read Post # 78 AGAIN >> "I said nothing about the AMA, so why are you talking about them ? (other than your "Super Ultra Fail" to address what I said about the AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association)"

3. No, it doesn't make sense because it doesn't make sense.

4. I believe the govt should fix things that DON'T work properly, like pet owners having to fork over thousands of dollars to veterianrians, before any care will be given to their pets. How many times does it take for this to register with you ?

5. Your anti-govt perspective is quite unimpressive. It's stupid, biased (for whatever your reason), and utter NONSENSE. OK, we got it. You don't like the govt. 10-4. Message received. Now if I give you a dollar, will you go away ?

Last edited:

And as I said before twice, we CAN afford, if they did what I said in the OP. Quite simple. If you read the thread, I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.

You keep repeating yourself because you are wrong.

1. This is an INFERIOR forum. First of all, the posters I'm hearing from a bunch of idiots., Secondly, the reply boxes are all screwed up with too much in them, and everything all jumbled up together. If you saw a normal forum, you'd know what I mean.

Inferior to what?

It is amazing that so many people come here, say this place is inferior, yet stay. Could it be that they are all full of shit? My guess is that your version of intelligence works best on places like Democratic Underground, not places where people actually think.

Clearly this calls for a federal pet insurance mandate.

73 views. ONE reply. If there a problem in this forum ? People don't seem to be too talkative. Surely some must have pets. :welcome:

We just think you're a dumb ass.
Why?

It seems to me he's simply advocating for the same arrangement between veterinarians and pet insurers as exists between human medical insurers and MDs. He's not asking for something for nothing.

If someone loves their pet enough to pay an insurance premium to protect it why should they be required to pay in advance for an expensive procedure? Some people are not always in a position to do that, which means their beloved pet will suffer or die even though they are paying a monthly insurance premium to prevent that.

There seems to be an element of apathetic cruelty lurking behind the absence of legislative attention to this problem. It ignores the fact that some people love their pets as much as they would love a human relative.

73 views. ONE reply. If there a problem in this forum ? People don't seem to be too talkative. Surely some must have pets. :welcome:

Why?

It seems to me he's simply advocating for the same arrangement between veterinarians and pet insurers as exists between human medical insurers and MDs. He's not asking for something for nothing.

If someone loves their pet enough to pay an insurance premium to protect it why should they be required to pay in advance for an expensive procedure? Some people are not always in a position to do that, which means their beloved pet will suffer or die even though they are paying a monthly insurance premium to prevent that.

There seems to be an element of apathetic cruelty lurking behind the absence of legislative attention to this problem. It ignores the fact that some people love their pets as much as they would love a human relative.

The "arrangement" he is talking about exists because the government invented Medicare and Medicaid.

Inferior to what?

It is amazing that so many people come here, say this place is inferior, yet stay. Could it be that they are all full of shit? My guess is that your version of intelligence works best on places like Democratic Underground, not places where people actually think.

Inferior to Liberal Forum, Political Forum, Conservative Forum, and Political Fray. VERY inferior to them. As for Democratic Underground, what's that ? A forum for Democrats ? If so, I wouldn't fit in there, since I'm opposed to just about every position they have.

I'm a staunch Conservative - but a REAL Conservative. Like the guy in my avatar, not a Reaganist like the younger people who never lived when REAL Conservatism flourished, before Reagan came along and changed the whole mindset of conservatism into something opposite of what it really is. If you're young (under 40), you probably have no idea what I'm talking about, and you maybe never will.

Why?

The "arrangement" he is talking about exists because the government invented Medicare and Medicaid.

1. The "arrangement" I'm wanting to have, DOES NOT EXIST anywhere that I know of. (pet owners not having to pay up front).

2. It has absolutely nothing to do with Medicaid or Medicare.

Last edited:

Why?

Good Post! I was wondering how long it would take before some normal-minded person would come along here and post (92 posts), in the midst of this junk heap of anti-govt flamebaiters, barging in here and throwing tantrums about the idea of govt doing its job.
My guess is most of these windbags are delinquent businesses themselves, wishing to get away with various types of profitable-to-them malicious activity, at the expense of the public, and not be held accountable for it. What other dog would they have in the fight ? And when I asked them about that, you could hear a pin drop.

Last edited:

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Veterinarians are not obligated to take payment plans. Many vets offer a no interest payment option through a company called care credit where you can have up to 18 months to pay off your bill.

If you have pet insurance then you can put the balance on a credit card and when you get reimbursed in a couple weeks you pay off the card with no interest.

There is no government intervention needed. If you have piss poor credit and can't afford your pets then give them to someone who can.

Why?

pet medical credit cards......

nothing up front....monthly payments.

Why?

pet medical credit cards......

nothing up front....monthly payments.

Yes, precisely...:)

Forum List

Back