Law Needed > To Regulate Pet Insurers & Veterinarians

4. Yes, of course, the govt should make sure we never have to suffer (American citizens that is). That's what we created it for. Of course it should provide us with everything we NEED, but now you're going OFF TOPIC and into another thread.

That's what I figured. No, we didn't create government to provide us with everything we need. We created it to protect our freedom and make it possible for us to pursue our own wants and needs.

This thread is about the way veterinarians get paid - by us upfront, or by pet insurance a week later. (and the millions of pets who are dying because it not being done the latter way).

Frankly, I find your preoccupation with pet welfare a good deal more strange than the responses in this thread.

Last edited:
The new little guy is another Obamunist moron wanting the government to do everything for him, including insuring his pets.

A no cash out of pocket plan makes sense, and would probably sell. But instead of demanding that Dear Leader give this to him, he can crow up and start the business himself.

FALSE! Taking a reading comprehension course might be useful before entering this forum. The OP suggests that pet health insurance be done as people health insurance is done. Care is given first Then, doctor is reimbursed. Notice, no mention of Obama or govt. GOT IT NOW ? All this other stuff you're bringing up is nothing but ramifications of your OFF TOPIC fixation with Reaganism.

That is not how health insurance works, that is how hospitals work. Insurance is designed to repay you for your expenses, even if you are talking about health insurance.

It isn't your fault though, no one ever taught you how to think.

FALSE! again. That IS how health insurance works. You get care,and the insurance pays the doctor, the hospital, the nurse, or whoever. The one person who does NOT get paid is YOU. Got it now ? And your snide remarks only make you look even more stupid than your idiotic post. :lol:

I feel the same about pets as i do about children.... don't have them if you cant afford to care for them.

there ARE pet insurance plans out there now.... why on earth does the government need to be involved....

unless this is just a double entendre about obamacare you are barking up the wrong tree.

. ...

Maybe you should catch up on the news. The reason people keep yammering about government is because it's become centrally involved in 'people insurance' - so if you want pet insurance to follow that lead, you're invoking the specter of government.

Maybe you should catch up on this thread. Like the quote you quoted for this very post of yours. Here it is again, since once doesn't seem to be quite enough.

"THE GOVERNMENT is NOT the primary point of this thread, So why does everyone keep yammering about it ? The primary point is for pet insurance to simply be like people insurance" (insofar as the health workers being reimbursed, not us) THIS is the only "lead" I'M talking about, and it has nothing to do with govt.

Last edited:
"THE GOVERNMENT is NOT the primary point of this thread, So why does everyone keep yammering about it ? The primary point is for pet insurance to simply be like people insurance"

Does that include being heavily regulated and subsidized by government? Because that's how 'people insurance' works, so government is very much a part of the discussion.

4. Yes, of course, the govt should make sure we never have to suffer (American citizens that is). That's what we created it for. Of course it should provide us with everything we NEED, but now you're going OFF TOPIC and into another thread.

That's what I figured. No, we didn't create government to provide us with everything we need. We created it to protect our freedom and make it possible for us to pursue our own wants and needs.

This thread is about the way veterinarians get paid - by us upfront, or by pet insurance a week later. (and the millions of pets who are dying because it not being done the latter way).

Frankly, I find your preoccupation with pet welfare a good deal more strange than the responses in this thread.

1. "pursue our....needs" Sounds a lot like "provide us with everything we NEED" (if/whenever we fall short of providing ourselves with those needs). Sounds like you agree with me. And before you say no you don't, think about what you might do if you get into a car accident, and you are paralyzed from the neck down, and then requires personal & medical care 24/7, for the rest of your life (and of course your illustrious HMO drops you like a hot potato)

2. Frankly, I find your lack of concern for pet welfare and pet owner welfare, a good deal more strange than many things I've seen in ANY thread.

"THE GOVERNMENT is NOT the primary point of this thread, So why does everyone keep yammering about it ? The primary point is for pet insurance to simply be like people insurance"

Does that include being heavily regulated and subsidized by government? Because that's how 'people insurance' works, so government is very much a part of the discussion.

It includes what I told you 15 times already, what it includes >> for veterinarians to be reimbursed by pet insurers (instead of pet owners), thereby allowing the medical care to proceed immediately, and to proceed at all. I've repeatedly said this is the primary point of the discussion, of the OP, and everything I've said since, so why do you keep blabbing about the govt ? It may be that the AVMA will change it's pet insurance policy and verterinarians may well follow that, and govt, may well never enter the picture.
Did you read the OP ? If not, read it.

If you (and others in this thread) have some kind of negative obsession with govt involvement, how about taking it to another thread, and get off my ass, because I just want to discuss releasing pet owners from having to pay veterinarians up front, and letting pet insurance reimburse them, that's all. Get it ?

Last edited:

I feel the same about pets as i do about children.... don't have them if you cant afford to care for them.

there ARE pet insurance plans out there now.... why on earth does the government need to be involved....

unless this is just a double entendre about obamacare you are barking up the wrong tree.

THE GOVERNMENT is NOT the primary point of this thread, So why does everyone keep yammering about it ? The primary point is for pet insurance to simply be like people insurance. Because when it comes to health insurance, we cannot "feel the same about pets" as we do for children, because they're not treated the same. Children can have needed surgeries to save their lives, with us paying for these surgeries out of our pockets. Pets can't. A bit weird that this far into the thread, I have to keep repeating this, only to have people instead talking about Obamacare.

what part are YOU not understanding.... there already IS pet insurance out there to purchase? Ever try using that computer of yours to do something other then bitch and moan?

here are the top ten...

10 Best Pet Insurance Companies | Consumer's Advocate

What's hard to understand ? If you don't have the money (thousands of $$) to pay upfront for surgery, your pet dies. Got it ?

and tell me..... what makes you think the pet will live even after the thousands of dollars you spend?

got it?

The diagnosis of the veterinarian + the experience that other pets survived with the surgery, and others without it, didn't. That's pretty much what all surgeries are based on. Got it ?

Again, not all pets survive...even after many surgeries and thousands of dollars spent....based on veterinarian advice..... they STILL may die.

got it yet?

FALSE! Taking a reading comprehension course might be useful before entering this forum. The OP suggests that pet health insurance be done as people health insurance is done. Care is given first Then, doctor is reimbursed. Notice, no mention of Obama or govt. GOT IT NOW ? All this other stuff you're bringing up is nothing but ramifications of your OFF TOPIC fixation with Reaganism.

That is not how health insurance works, that is how hospitals work. Insurance is designed to repay you for your expenses, even if you are talking about health insurance.

FALSE! again. That IS how health insurance works. You get care,and the insurance pays the doctor, the hospital, the nurse, or whoever. The one person who does NOT get paid is YOU. Got it now ? And your snide remarks only make you look even more stupid than your idiotic post. :lol:

:lmao:

really?

i guess you really do no nothing about how heath insurance works....

This is how it works.... your doctors office calls the insurance company for pre approval of payment before they lift a finger.... You just don't get to walk in and have any surgery you want.

That is the doctor making sure he is getting his money before you get your treatment.

THE GOVERNMENT is NOT the primary point of this thread, So why does everyone keep yammering about it ? The primary point is for pet insurance to simply be like people insurance. Because when it comes to health insurance, we cannot "feel the same about pets" as we do for children, because they're not treated the same. Children can have needed surgeries to save their lives, with us paying for these surgeries out of our pockets. Pets can't. A bit weird that this far into the thread, I have to keep repeating this, only to have people instead talking about Obamacare.

what part are YOU not understanding.... there already IS pet insurance out there to purchase? Ever try using that computer of yours to do something other then bitch and moan?

here are the top ten...

What part of the OP are YOU not understanding. try reading it, then come back and talk, OK ?

and tell me..... what makes you think the pet will live even after the thousands of dollars you spend?

got it?

The diagnosis of the veterinarian + the experience that other pets survived with the surgery, and others without it, didn't. That's pretty much what all surgeries are based on. Got it ?

Again, not all pets survive...even after many surgeries and thousands of dollars spent....based on veterinarian advice..... they STILL may die.

got it yet?

I've had it all along. You are the one that seems to be having difficulty. Have you even read the OP ? Do you know what this thread is about ? If so, why are you telling me there is pet insurance available ?

Clearly this calls for a federal pet insurance mandate.

73 views. ONE reply. If there a problem in this forum ? People don't seem to be too talkative. Surely some must have pets. :welcome:

Veterinarians are mercenary. If you can't afford a pet, don't get one. I will not spend thousands on a sick animal. It is a pet. Not a child. I will have my cat put down if she gets sick enough to cost me a small fortune.

here are the top ten...

What part of the OP are YOU not understanding. try reading it, then come back and talk, OK ?

LOL....

you just keep beating that dumb drum dont you....

Pet Credit Card - Veterinary Payment Options | CareCredit™

:lmao:

really?

i guess you really do no nothing about how heath insurance works.... This is how it works.... your doctors office calls the insurance company for pre approval of payment before they lift a finger.... You just don't get to walk in and have any surgery you want.
That is the doctor making sure he is getting his money before you get your treatment.

And maybe you'd care to tell us how that differs in any way from what I've said. You think I don't know that the doctors office calls the insurance company for pre-approval of payment before they lift a finger ? Of course. That's understood. So what ? That doesn't conflict with anything I've said. I've been saying that the way veterinarians should work is to (like people health insurance) have the care done first (of course this is dependent on checking the insurance), and then the vet gets reimbursed after the job is done, INSTEAD OF the pet owner who has pet insurance, having to pay upfront before any care is given to the pet. Got it now ? Pheeeeew! (high-pitched whistle)

You arethe one that wants a law, that makes this about the government.

Let's put this in its proper time frame.

1. I want the AVMA to change its policy of pet insurance reimbursement to pet owners (rather than veterinarians).

2. I want veterianarians to OK reimbursment TO THEM from pet insurers.

3. IF these did not come about over some length of time, and it appeared they could not , THEN yes, I would favor the govt stepping in and requiring it as a regulation. So what ?

1. I want the AVMA to change its policy of pet insurance reimbursement to pet owners (rather than veterinarians).

3. IF these did not come about over some length of time, and it appeared they could not , THEN yes, I would favor the govt stepping in and requiring it as a regulation. So what ?

That is a wonderful idea, lets put this in perspective.

1. The AMA doesn't have a policy on pet insurance. Super Ultra Fail
  2. They do. Fail
  3. You want the government involved to fix things that are not a problem.Super Fail
  4. You started this thread by making it about the government, and then complained when people objected to the government being involved in something that is none of the government's business. Massively stupid fail
Want some more perspective, just ask.

2. They do. Fail
  3. You want the government involved to fix things that are not a problem.Super Fail
  4. You started this thread by making it about the government, and then complained when people objected to the government being involved in something that is none of the government's business. Massively stupid fail

1. I'll ask you to exercise some halfway decent reading comprehension. I said nothing about the AMA, so why are you talking about them ? (other than your "Super Ultra Fail" to address what I said about the AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association)

2. They do, do they ? Well, you find me some veterinarians in the north Tampa, Florida area who "do", and I'll be very grateful to you. But up to now you haven't done that, right ? Right, QW ? Right ? Right ? LOL.

3.. You call millions of cats and dogs suffering and dying needlessly "not a problem" ? I call it a problem. If/whenever it might become clear that the AVMA and the veterinarians and pet insurers are not going to change their requirements for pet owners to pay up front before any surgery could proceed, then yes, WE the people will step in with OUR govt to protect ourselves and our pets. And I can assure you that a bunch of ragtag, anti-govt crazies are not going to stand in the way.

4.. PROTECTION of the American people (that includes our pets)
is not only OUR govt's business, it is OUR govt's # 1 priority, 24/7.

5.. Want some more perspective, just ask.

Last edited:
Maybe you should catch up on this thread. Like the quote you quoted for this very post of yours. Here it is again, since once doesn't seem to be quite enough.

"THE GOVERNMENT is NOT the primary point of this thread, So why does everyone keep yammering about it ? The primary point is for pet insurance to simply be like people insurance" (insofar as the health workers being reimbursed, not us) THIS is the only "lead" I'M talking about, and it has nothing to do with govt.

Nice try at moving the goal posts, spunky - now that you've been crushed in the debate. :eek::eek:

But YOU came in here demanding a law (that would be government, for the democrats on the thread...) that forced pet insurance to follow the model you desire.

I fairly politically suggested that you take a market approach instead, and you came unglued...

2. They do. Fail

1. I'll ask you to exercise some halfway decent reading comprehension. I said nothing about the AMA, so why are you talking about them ? (other than your "Super Ultra Fail" to address what I said about the AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association)

2. They do, do they ? Well, you find me some veterinarians in the north Tampa, Florida area who "do", and I'll be very grateful to you. But up to now you haven't done that, right ? Right, QW ? Right ? Right ? LOL.

3.. You call millions of cats and dogs suffering and dying needlessly "not a problem" ? I call it a problem. If/whenever it might become clear that the AVMA and the veterinarians and pet insurers are not going to change their requirements for pet owners to pay up front before any surgery could proceed, then yes, WE the people will step in with OUR govt to protect ourselves and our pets. And I can assure you that a bunch of ragtag, anti-govt crazies are not going to stand in the way.

4.. PROTECTION of the American people (that includes our pets)
is not only OUR govt's business, it is OUR govt's # 1 priority, 24/7.

5.. Want some more perspective, just ask.

1. You don't know the difference between the AVMA and the AMA, and you think that makes me stupid. Super ultra stupid mega fail.
  2. Why should I make your life easier? The ASPCA has a locator for vets that take insurance for the incompetent people that can't use a phone, or the internet. Mega fail
  3. I call whining about the government not making it harder on people not a problem. Mega ultra fail
  4. The government does not exist to protect anyone, just ask them. Ultra stupid mega ultra fail
  5. Can't even ask for perspective, beyond fail.

Forum List

Back