Law Needed > To Regulate Pet Insurers & Veterinarians

1. This is an INFERIOR forum. First of all, the posters I'm hearing from a bunch of idiots., Secondly, the reply boxes are all screwed up with too much in them, and everything all jumbled up together. If you saw a normal forum, you'd know what I mean.

Inferior to what?

It is amazing that so many people come here, say this place is inferior, yet stay. Could it be that they are all full of shit? My guess is that your version of intelligence works best on places like Democratic Underground, not places where people actually think.

Inferior to Liberal Forum, Political Forum, Conservative Forum, and Political Fray. VERY inferior to them. As for Democratic Underground, what's that ? A forum for Democrats ? If so, I wouldn't fit in there, since I'm opposed to just about every position they have.

I'm a staunch Conservative - but a REAL Conservative. Like the guy in my avatar, not a Reaganist like the younger people who never lived when REAL Conservatism flourished, before Reagan came along and changed the whole mindset of conservatism into something opposite of what it really is. If you're young (under 40), you probably have no idea what I'm talking about, and you maybe never will.

Yet you are here arguing about how great all those places are, and you expect me to believe that makes me stupid.

See the problem?

Unless you are 200 years old you were not alive when real conservatism flourished, what makes you think you can define it on the basis that I am not that old, and admit it?

If you can't afford a pet then don't have one. It's that simple.

And as I said before twice, we CAN afford, if they did what I said in the OP. Quite simple. If you read the thread, I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Veterinarians are not obligated to take payment plans. Many vets offer a no interest payment option through a company called care credit where you can have up to 18 months to pay off your bill.

If you have pet insurance then you can put the balance on a credit card and when you get reimbursed in a couple weeks you pay off the card with no interest.

There is no government intervention needed. If you have piss poor credit and can't afford your pets then give them to someone who can.

Your last sentence is talking to then majority (tens of millions) of pet owners. YOU have idea what YOU are talking about.

Why?

It seems to me he's simply advocating for the same arrangement between veterinarians and pet insurers as exists between human medical insurers and MDs. He's not asking for something for nothing.

If someone loves their pet enough to pay an insurance premium to protect it why should they be required to pay in advance for an expensive procedure? Some people are not always in a position to do that, which means their beloved pet will suffer or die even though they are paying a monthly insurance premium to prevent that.

There seems to be an element of apathetic cruelty lurking behind the absence of legislative attention to this problem. It ignores the fact that some people love their pets as much as they would love a human relative.

pet medical credit cards......

nothing up front....monthly payments.

Yes, precisely...:)

Forget credit cards. Most people don't qualify for them, and the credit reporting agencies (whit collar hitmen) are a joke. They report bad credit on anyone, no matter what, as long as they're paid to do it. Right and wrong isn't even considered. The whole "credit"
entity in America is a sham.

Inferior to what?

It is amazing that so many people come here, say this place is inferior, yet stay. Could it be that they are all full of shit? My guess is that your version of intelligence works best on places like Democratic Underground, not places where people actually think.

Inferior to Liberal Forum, Political Forum, Conservative Forum, and Political Fray. VERY inferior to them. As for Democratic Underground, what's that ? A forum for Democrats ? If so, I wouldn't fit in there, since I'm opposed to just about every position they have.

I'm a staunch Conservative - but a REAL Conservative. Like the guy in my avatar, not a Reaganist like the younger people who never lived when REAL Conservatism flourished, before Reagan came along and changed the whole mindset of conservatism into something opposite of what it really is. If you're young (under 40), you probably have no idea what I'm talking about, and you maybe never will.

Yet you are here arguing about how great all those places are, and you expect me to believe that makes me stupid.

See the problem?

Unless you are 200 years old you were not alive when real conservatism flourished, what makes you think you can define it on the basis that I am not that old, and admit it?

As usual, your words are gobbledegook, and I can't figure out what you're talking about (maybe I'm lucky). "places" ??? What "places" ?

Your last sentence is FALSE.

I WAS alive when REAL Conservatism flourished. In the 1950's, when Eisenhower chased millions of illegal alien invaders back to Mexico in Operation Wetback in 1954. Millions more fled on their own, as Ike's INS agents went house-to-house in southwestern states, hunting them down. (only to have the Psuedo-conservative Reagan give them amnesty 32 years later).
And I was alive in the 1940's right after Ike grinded his way across Germany to Berlin, and victory in World War II, as the Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces in Europe. And the Psuedo-Conservative Reagan ? He was in Hollywood making movies about it.
And decades before Reagan came out with his movie-star tax (28%), designed just to beneft HIM and his movie star buddies, Eisenhower had tax rates on the rich of 91-92%, to support a strong military. a big strong national defense (FBI, CIA, INS, etc), only to have Reagan's low taxes favor a small. weak govt with the smallest air force and navy we've had since before World War II.
These are 3 of the things that define it. In general, Ike's idea of a BIG, strong govt, with a BIG strong national defense is what REAL Conservatism is all about. This small, weak, low tax govt you like (Reaganism), is just the opposite. It's what our enemies like. With them, your idea has it's supporters, make no mistake. > Iran, North Korea, organized crime, Mexico, al Qaeda, the Muslim Brotherhood, etc.

Last edited:
We just think you're a dumb ass.
Why?

It seems to me he's simply advocating for the same arrangement between veterinarians and pet insurers as exists between human medical insurers and MDs. He's not asking for something for nothing.

If someone loves their pet enough to pay an insurance premium to protect it why should they be required to pay in advance for an expensive procedure? Some people are not always in a position to do that, which means their beloved pet will suffer or die even though they are paying a monthly insurance premium to prevent that.

There seems to be an element of apathetic cruelty lurking behind the absence of legislative attention to this problem. It ignores the fact that some people love their pets as much as they would love a human relative.

Already been discussed. Refuted.

Why?

Already been discussed. Refuted.

yes, by you. The only one who seems to NOT get it.

Why?

The OP seems to think no one else has pets or knows how to take care of them. Considering how you spoil your baby...and how i spoil mine.... he is rather laughable.

(6 more ounces and they get to go back. So maybe two more weeks. :eusa_angel:)

See the problem?

As usual, your words are gobbledegook, and I can't figure out what you're talking about (maybe I'm lucky). "places" ??? What "places" ?

I WAS alive when REAL Conservatism flourished. In the 1950's, when Eisenhower chased millions of illegal alien invaders back to Mexico in Operation Wetback in 1954. Millions more fled on their own, as Ike's INS agents went house-to-house in southwestern states, hunting them down. (only to have the Psuedo-conservative Reagan give them amnesty 32 years later).
And I was alive in the 1940's right after Ike grinded his way across Germany to Berlin, and victory in World War II, as the Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces in Europe. And the Psuedo-Conservative Reagan ? He was in Hollywood making movies about it.
And decades before Reagan came out with his movie-star tax (28%), designed just to beneft HIM and his movie star buddies, Eisenhower had tax rates on the rich of 91-92%, to support a strong military. a big strong national defense (FBI, CIA, INS, etc), only to have Reagan's low taxes favor a small. weak govt with the smallest air force and navy we've had since before World War II.
These are 3 of the things that define it. In general, Ike's idea of a BIG, strong govt, with a BIG strong national defense is what REAL Conservatism is all about. This small, weak, low tax govt you like (Reaganism), is just the opposite. It's what our enemies like. With them, your idea has it's supporters, make no mistake. > Iran, North Korea, organized crime, Mexico, al Qaeda, the Muslim Brotherhood, etc.

Oh, you think being conservative means you are a racist douchebag. Sorry if I treated you like you could actually think.

See the problem?

Oh, you think being conservative means you are a racist douchebag. Sorry if I treated you like you could actually think.

So you can't define racist either, huh ? Why am I not surprised ? :lol:

The OP seems to think no one else has pets or knows how to take care of them. Considering how you spoil your baby...and how i spoil mine.... he is rather laughable.

(6 more ounces and they get to go back. So maybe two more weeks. :eusa_angel:)

Fools are known to laugh a lot. No one bothers to ask them what they're laughing at.

Clearly this calls for a federal pet insurance mandate.

73 views. ONE reply. If there a problem in this forum ? People don't seem to be too talkative. Surely some must have pets. :welcome:

Veterinarians are mercenary. If you can't afford a pet, don't get one. I will not spend thousands on a sick animal. It is a pet. Not a child. I will have my cat put down if she gets sick enough to cost me a small fortune.

If you choose a small (how small ?) fortune over "your" cat, then maybe you should concentrate on just having small fortunes, and not cats. And anyone who doesn't regard a cat or dog as their child, shouldn't have one. I feel sorry for your cat.

Last edited:
And as I said before twice, we CAN afford, if they did what I said in the OP. Quite simple. If you read the thread, I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.

Veterinarians are not obligated to take payment plans. Many vets offer a no interest payment option through a company called care credit where you can have up to 18 months to pay off your bill.

If you have pet insurance then you can put the balance on a credit card and when you get reimbursed in a couple weeks you pay off the card with no interest.

There is no government intervention needed. If you have piss poor credit and can't afford your pets then give them to someone who can.

Your last sentence is talking to then majority (tens of millions) of pet owners. YOU have idea what YOU are talking about.

Having a pet is not a right now is it?

Tell you what when you get a new pet open up a savings account and put money away every week for vet bills.

If you're not willing to act responsibly then you shouldn't have a pet. Period.

We should pass a law to do something about irresponsible people not veterinarians.

... anyone who doesn't regard a cat or dog as their child, shouldn't have one. I feel sorry for your cat.

I feel sorry for anyone who regards their cat or dog as a child. I love animals. I love my dog. But I also have children and it's a grotesque comparison

Having a pet is not a right now is it?

Tell you what when you get a new pet open up a savings account and put money away every week for vet bills.

If you're not willing to act responsibly then you shouldn't have a pet. Period.

We should pass a law to do something about irresponsible people not veterinarians.

If you had an ounce of decency (or responsibility), you wouldn't dream of accepting anything other than having pet insurance work same as human insurance > ie. vets are reimbursed after pets are cared for. How much money pet owners have on hand is irrelevant, (as long as they pay their monthly insurance bills).

Weird how you can even begin to accept the pet owner pay up front lunacy. You aren't connected to the veterinarian industry by any chance are you ? If not, no excuse for taking such a ridiculous position.

As for whether having a pet is a right or not, I can't see any connection between that and what this discussion is.

Last edited:
... anyone who doesn't regard a cat or dog as their child, shouldn't have one. I feel sorry for your cat.

I feel sorry for anyone who regards their cat or dog as a child. I love animals. I love my dog. But I also have children and it's a grotesque comparison

It's not a comparison, except where you made it into one.

Enough time spent on this now. Need to get back to my Islam bashing threads.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back