Latest From The CDC

Chinavirus is another seasonal disease that will return and eventually infect most Americans (but only once unless it morphs). There will be more viruses in our future and with so many people living in such proximity the risk of infection (and death) will increase as will the number of casualties. Most of us will get it, get over it, and move on but if we shutdown our economy every time one hits there will soon be no economy to which we can return. Try to imagine the toll of that ... no more "free stuff."

In case you didn't notice, we don't shutter the country for the flu and thus far about 4,000/month (23,000 Americans in all) have died:

By some indicators, this flu season is worse than last flu season. For example, the data shows the cumulative hospitalization rate for the flu so far this season is 65.1 per 100,000 people, compared with 48.8 per 100,000 at the same point last season.

According to CDC, this year's flu season has led to at least 17 million medical visits and 390,000 hospitalizations. CDC found that the percentage of outpatient visits for influenza-like illness increased to 5.8% in the week ending on March 14, up from 5.2% the previous week. The national baseline for those visits is 2.4%.

CDC in its latest report estimated that there had been at least 23,000 deaths related to the flu as of March 14.

What you say is true, but this virus is much more contagious than the average flu. It's not the symptoms or fatalities involved, it's how many people could possibly catch the damn thing. It could spread like wildfire. I think that's the concern here.
As I already said, most of us will get it this season or next (and get over it) but if we shutdown our economy every time a new virus hits there will soon be no economy to which we can return. Try to imagine the toll of that.
I don't want to.

I know what you are saying. But imagine that we had no flu shot, and over half of the country got infected with the flu. We would be in a serious situation here. When I was younger and healthier, no problem. But I have a few of the medical conditions outlined for potential death over this thing, and I'm approaching 60 years old.

Yet another thread by Conservatives......This is no worse than the flu

Why we shouldn’t elect Conservatives
The financial fallout - including the death toll - will be far greater than that of the Chinavirus.

You don't care as long as there is even a slight chance that it will cost Trump a few votes in November.

Democrats are traitors - every stinking one of you - and anyone who denies that fact is among you.
TRUMPvirus has just started. It is nowhere close to being controlled.

You think the economy is bad now, let it go wild right now and the economy won’t recover for decades

You mean the Wuhan Virus of course unless you consider Trump to be the President of the globe. Is Trump responsible for Italy and Spain too?

Chinavirus is another seasonal disease that will return and eventually infect most Americans (but only once unless it morphs). There will be more viruses in our future and with so many people living in such proximity the risk of infection (and death) will increase as will the number of casualties. Most of us will get it, get over it, and move on but if we shutdown our economy every time one hits there will soon be no economy to which we can return. Try to imagine the toll of that ... no more "free stuff."

In case you didn't notice, we don't shutter the country for the flu and thus far about 4,000/month (23,000 Americans in all) have died:

By some indicators, this flu season is worse than last flu season. For example, the data shows the cumulative hospitalization rate for the flu so far this season is 65.1 per 100,000 people, compared with 48.8 per 100,000 at the same point last season.

According to CDC, this year's flu season has led to at least 17 million medical visits and 390,000 hospitalizations. CDC found that the percentage of outpatient visits for influenza-like illness increased to 5.8% in the week ending on March 14, up from 5.2% the previous week. The national baseline for those visits is 2.4%.

CDC in its latest report estimated that there had been at least 23,000 deaths related to the flu as of March 14.

What you say is true, but this virus is much more contagious than the average flu. It's not the symptoms or fatalities involved, it's how many people could possibly catch the damn thing. It could spread like wildfire. I think that's the concern here.
It will and there is no way we are going to stop it over time........we can only hope to minimize it........but in the end a third or more of our country is gonna get this.

There is NO WAY to know who has it and how many they infect........and it becomes a math equation........H1N1 got at least 62 million Americans.........that is a guess on the history books......we are in for a hell of a ride on this one..........We can't destroy the economy of the world to do it though...............

Summer can buy us more time.........people being careful can slow it down a bit......and MAYBE the Vaccines will come out in months and not a year later...........there is progress there.

I guess that depends on where you go. The number of cases in CommieFornia is doubling every three to four days. In NYC, their predictions were off, as their number of cases doubling is coming down. In my state, they are predicting to hit the top of the curve in May.

They don't know if it will disappear, or if it does, if it will come back. We've never had anything like this before. The conspiracy side of me tends to think that this was a Chinese biological experiment that went wrong.

It will and there is no way we are going to stop it over time........we can only hope to minimize it........but in the end a third or more of our country is gonna get this.

There is NO WAY to know who has it and how many they infect........and it becomes a math equation........H1N1 got at least 62 million Americans.........that is a guess on the history books......we are in for a hell of a ride on this one..........We can't destroy the economy of the world to do it though...............

Summer can buy us more time.........people being careful can slow it down a bit......and MAYBE the Vaccines will come out in months and not a year later...........there is progress there.

I guess that depends on where you go. The number of cases in CommieFornia is doubling every three to four days. In NYC, their predictions were off, as their number of cases doubling is coming down. In my state, they are predicting to hit the top of the curve in May.

They don't know if it will disappear, or if it does, if it will come back. We've never had anything like this before. The conspiracy side of me tends to think that this was a Chinese biological experiment that went wrong.
History teaches.......and there are Pandemics and Flues in History.......they all spread.......those with higher death rates don't spread so much...those that spread like the flu or cold spread like hell........we have been in lock down in the world.....or it would have already spread like the Flu..........We have only just begun........

But we cannot destroy the economy to fight it........How many die......who knows.........I think it will be as many or probably more than H1N1 as that vaccine came out in less than 2 months...........we will not have one that quick.

Reality is reality.........it is what it is........and that is what we are facing .......

More variables.....how many of these dying now might have died from the Flu..........nobody really knows that......NOBODY.

History teaches.......and there are Pandemics and Flues in History.......they all spread.......those with higher death rates don't spread so much...those that spread like the flu or cold spread like hell........we have been in lock down in the world.....or it would have already spread like the Flu..........We have only just begun........

But we cannot destroy the economy to fight it........How many die......who knows.........I think it will be as many or probably more than H1N1 as that vaccine came out in less than 2 months...........we will not have one that quick.

Reality is reality.........it is what it is........and that is what we are facing .......

More variables.....how many of these dying now might have died from the Flu..........nobody really knows that......NOBODY.

We are a planet of 8 billion people. God needs to thin the herd from time to time I guess. All I can hope for is he doesn't choose me this time.

We are a planet of 8 billion people. God needs to thin the herd from time to time I guess. All I can hope for is he doesn't choose me this time.
All we can do is follow precautions the best we can and what happens happens.......This will hit a VERY LARGE NUMBER of the population..........It will Cluster here........there......over there.....The World can only try to minimize...can't stop it at this point.

Mother Nature Summer will slow it.........then it will return......Perhaps the vaccines will be out by then......many will be immune from already surviving it.................Numbers are low at the moment.........not gonna stay that way.

As I already said, most of us will get it this season or next (and get over it) but if we shutdown our economy every time a new virus hits there will soon be no economy to which we can return. Try to imagine the toll of that.
I don't want to.
Doesnt really matter what you want to do. Its not up to you. We come out of the shutdown too soon because you failed to save your money for a rainy day and you can pretty much kiss the economy goodbye for the next 5 -6 years.

It is worse than the flu, but overall takes less lives, at this point.
A majority of small businesses going under will take lives.
If you’ll look at my other posts within the forum, I totally agree with you. My comment here should have included for those with health problems. I am hearing it really damages the lungs.
But that is not enough to close down the entire country. Yes, protect the elderly in nursing homes, and tell those vulnerable to self isolate, but don’t close down the entire country.
I even posted if these keeps up, more could die from suicide from the stress than from covid itself.
I highly doubt more would die from suicide than covid itself. Even if thats true I wont feel bad. They had a choice to live. You dont get that choice if you get the virus. That choice is made by the virus.

Last edited:

I don't want to.

I know what you are saying. But imagine that we had no flu shot, and over half of the country got infected with the flu. We would be in a serious situation here. When I was younger and healthier, no problem. But I have a few of the medical conditions outlined for potential death over this thing, and I'm approaching 60 years old.
I've never had a flu shot, don't ever get the flu, either.

Brown bottle flu maybe.

Had the flu real bad when I was 15, got over it and have not had it since.

It was bad, it got more than half my family.

If you’ll look at my other posts within the forum, I totally agree with you. My comment here should have included for those with health problems. I am hearing it really damages the lungs.
But that is not enough to close down the entire country. Yes, protect the elderly in nursing homes, and tell those vulnerable to self isolate, but don’t close down the entire country.
I even posted if these keeps up, more could die from suicide from the stress than from covid itself.
I highly doubt more would die from suicide than covid itself. Even if thats true I wont feel bad. They had a choice to live. You dont get that choice if you get the virus. That choice is made by the virus.
Mainly in those that having underlying health problems. Just as any flu.

Those that have zero underlying health problems can potentially come away with one if they survive the infection from what I am hearing.

Those that have zero underlying health problems can potentially come away with one if they survive the infection from what I am hearing.
After the SARS outbreak, the World Health Organization reported that the disease typically attacked the lungs in three phases: viral replication, immune hyper-reactivity, and pulmonary destruction.

Not all patients went through all three phases—in fact only 25 percent of SARS patients suffered respiratory failure, the defining signature of severe cases. Likewise, COVID-19, according to early data, causes milder symptoms in about 82 percent of cases, while the remainder are severe or critical.
Look deeper, and the novel coronavirus appears to follow other patterns of SARS, says University of Maryland School of Medicine associate professor Matthew B. Frieman, who studies highly pathogenic coronaviruses.

Latest from the CDC:

Five days ago:

C-19-March-20.jpg

Three days ago:

C-19-March-23.jpg

Two days ago:

C-19-March-24.jpg

Yesterday:

C-19-March-25.jpg

Today:

c-19-March-26.jpg

793 people have died in the past five days.

And that is with massive sheltering in place.

So tell me again, you fucking, fucking, fucking retards, that this is no worse than the flu.

The epicenters of Covid-19 are all in liberal run cities and states. It's obvious they were unprepared. Way to go libs, try and get your act together.
Trump gave the virus a two month head start. No testing while South Korea was testing 20,000 people day.

South Korea is now doing far better than we are. They have it contained and under control, without massive sheltering in place.

All thanks to testing.

Trump blew off the seriousness of the virus and allowed it to spread completely uncontained, and that is why our densest population centers are now humanitarian disasters, you stupid, stupid, stupid fuckwad.

Don't even try to rewrite history, asshole.

Everyone knows, except you submissive cucks, that Trump is responsible.

The epicenters of Covid-19 are all in liberal run cities and states. It's obvious they were unprepared. Way to go libs, try and get your act together.
Trump gave the virus a two month head start. No testing while South Korea was testing 20,000 people day.

South Korea is now doing far better than we are. They have it contained and under control, without massive sheltering in place.

All thanks to testing.

Trump blew off the seriousness of the virus and allowed it to spread completely uncontained, and that is why our densest population centers are now humanitarian disasters, you stupid, stupid, stupid fuckwad.

Don't even try to rewrite history, asshole.

Everyone knows, except you submissive cucks, that Trump is responsible.

President Trump did nothing of the sort stop lying and making shit up. Same lie you were repeating yesterday. Do you think if you repeat the lie 100 times you will fool people into believing it? Wait, that's not really a question is it. :eusa_hand:

I don't want to.
Doesnt really matter what you want to do. Its not up to you. We come out of the shutdown too soon because you failed to save your money for a rainy day and you can pretty much kiss the economy goodbye for the next 5 -6 years.

From what I've seen, not many companies are closed. It's not like it's a ghost town during rush hour. Here, they closed restaurants and bars, although others were supposed to close and didn't.

I don't want to.

From what I've seen, not many companies are closed. It's not like it's a ghost town during rush hour. Here, they closed restaurants and bars, although others were supposed to close and didn't.
Thats true and good for them. If they can stay open without creating conditions where their employees are infecting themselves and others I'm all for keeping them open. Lets face it. Some people are going to break the recommendations and infect others due to bad information from Drumpf. Some will intentionally go around infecting others as well.

Over a week ago:

That's the difference between a democracy with educated and strong leadership and a democracy with an ignorant alternate reality TV clown at the helm.

Forum List

Back