Latest Fox News Poll Has Biden Beating…Everybody. We Should Not Be Surprised

The 60% should also not 'rule' the 40%

That is your problem, you are okay with suppressing the minority as long as that minority is not you. Fuck that.
We are all ruled by our democratic republican constitutional system.

You will bow the knee and knuckle your forehead.

The 60% should also not 'rule' the 40%

That is your problem, you are okay with suppressing the minority as long as that minority is not you. Fuck that.
That's become a popular liberal talking point lately. Any resistance to unlimited majority rule is met with a false dichotomy - the suggestion that if the majority isn't allowed to fuck the minority at will, it's the same as the minority "ruling".

Apparently they've never heard of, or any case have no use for, the concept of limited government.

No, it's not the way it's always been. The idiotic fear mongering has things at such a fever pitch that neither side can accept a loss. Whoever loses will go into denial and, in effect if not overtly, revoke sovereignty. Watch and see.

"Winning" by a few percentage points doesn't mean you get to remake society in your own image.
We need another 49 state winning Reagan, si?

That's become a popular liberal talking point lately. Any resistance to unlimited majority rule is met with a false dichotomy - the suggestion that if the majority isn't allowed to fuck the minority at will, it's the same as the minority "ruling".

Apparently they've never heard of, or any case have no use for, the concept of limited government.
"unlimited majority rule," lol

We need another 49 state winning Reagan, si?
Indeed. More than ever. But neither party seems to have any interest in going there. They want to get their 51% and go to down remaking society. The 49% tends to not enjoy that much.

We are all ruled by our democratic republican constitutional system.

You will bow the knee and knuckle your forehead.
LOL, no I will not.

I will obey the law - our laws do not require bowing or 'knuckle your forehead.' instead it allows me to tell them to fuck off, which I have no problem doing. Aint free speech grand?

Why yes, yes it is.

That still does not even bother to address my point though, a tyranny of the majority is STILL a tyranny. And it leads to some really bad outcomes. The more power we give to the feds, the more we go from a constitutional republic to one where the majority really is running a tyranny.

That still does not even bother to address my point though, a tyranny of the majority is STILL a tyranny. And it leads to some really bad outcomes. The more power we give to the feds, the more we go from a constitutional republic to one where the majority really is running a tyranny.
The will of the majority is sacred and infallible. :rolleyes:

The will of the majority is sacred and infallible. :rolleyes:
but anyone spouting that idiocy does not actually believe it. Ask if it is fine outlawing gay marriage if the majority don't like it. Are they okay with outlawing transgender athletics or transgender medical access if the majority vote against it.

They lose their shit. The truth is no one likes democracy or holds democracy as an ideal in itself. Democracy is just a tool. There are limits to where that tool is best used as are all other types of government.

Why do you think that?
Which? I think we need a consensus President because the country is far too divided to survive. If we were called to fight war, half, or at least a large minority, would side with enemy over the ruling administration. And I'm sure the Chinese are paying attention to that.

If you're asking why I believe that neither party is interested in consensus, I'm just going by their record. Both sides are invested in fighting the culture war. You can ask them. They think the other side is pure evil. They don't want to find agreement with them, they want to vanquish them.

It is a joke on you. Thisis a constitutional republic in which our representatives are elected democratically.

You will abide, or face the wrath of the law as is Trump. No excuses, no exceptions.
It's a joke to you - I understand. But go for it, and watch the country fall apart.

Which? I think we need a consensus President because the country is far too divided to survive. If we were called to fight war, half, or at least a large minority, would side with enemy over the ruling administration. And I'm sure the Chinese are paying attention to that.

If you asking why I believe that neither party is interested in consensus, I'm just going by their record. Both sides are invested in fighting the culture war. You can ask them. They think they other side is pure evil. They don't want to find agreement with them, they want to vanquish them.
No "large minority" would do anything of the sort. Stop being foolish.

It doesn't matter. It's not a bet. I don't win a prize if the candidate I vote for wins. I don't lose anything if they don't. Why is this such a thing with you? What do you gain if you vote for a shitty candidate and they get elected???

This mindset is so fucked up, and it's nearly ubiquitous. Democracy is doomed, not by the shenanigans of unscrupulous leaders, but by the utter stupidity of voters.
So which 3rd party candidate have you voted for?
Which one won?

LOL, no I will not.

I will obey the law - our laws do not require bowing or 'knuckle your forehead.' instead it allows me to tell them to fuck off, which I have no problem doing. Aint free speech grand?

Why yes, yes it is.

Yes, you will obey the law. Trump is finding that out. So will you.

A one point victory is not unlimited democracy or a tyranny of the majority.

You people are attempting to invoke a tyranny of the minority. Won't happen. We will turn you around because we won't down.

Because you don't get your way does not make it tyranny. No, we are not going back to the 1950s, not now, not ever.

Forum List

Back