Latest bath renovation

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
20210428_111019.jpg
20210428_111634.jpg

I usually try to avoid sheetrock finish work like the plague but they insisted that no sub contracting was allowed on this job.
The dang mud isn't drying from one day to the next so it's taking forever to get it finished.
They wanted the door permanently removed and I FUCKING HATE installing corner beads lol.
Not a big fan of their wall choices inside the shower either. Also the request to put the valve in the corner with the heads on the opposite wall was a bit odd but whatever.

View attachment 485217View attachment 485218

I usually try to avoid sheetrock finish work like the plague but they insisted that no sub contracting was allowed on this job.
The dang mud isn't drying from one day to the next so it's taking forever to get it finished.
They wanted the door permanently removed and I FUCKING HATE installing corner beads lol.
Not a big fan of their wall choices inside the shower either. Also the request to put the valve in the corner with the heads on the opposite wall was a bit odd but whatever.
Why didn't they go with beveled beading, did you not suggest that look to them?

• Banned

Because it needs to match all the other corners in the house

Because it needs to match all the other corners in the house
You should change them also..And make it an arched entry...All entries...

a small fan will always dry the mud quickly,,

• Banned

You would think but I had a 16 inch fan on it all night lol. Too much humidity down here from the limestone installation.

You would think but I had a 16 inch fan on it all night lol. Too much humidity down here from the limestone installation.
only option is using hot mud,, I would go with 30 minute in small batch's to match your speed,,

When you remove a one piece fiberglass tub/shower do you just carve it up with a sawzall so the pieces fit out the door?

Forum List

Back