Last night's show was proof UFC fighters less skilled than Top Ranked Boxers

Smilodonfatalis

May 5, 2013
The College football bowl games were so bad I switched over to the UFC prelims.

I was very unimpressed.

In the first fight I saw both fighters were exhausted by the 2nd round. Either these guys are in poor conditioning or they are losing too much weight to make the weight class.

In another fight there was a guy fighting a southpaw who colored his head red and wore a bunch of stupid tattoos. The guy didn't have a clue how to fight a southpaw. Didn't know you are supposed to stand to the outside of the southpaw's right foot. Nevertheless, the red headed guy was so bad he couldn't land a punch, then got knocked down at the end of the round, and quit between rounds.

Didn't waste money on the title fight, but Anderson Silva, supposedly the greatest UFC fighter in history, clumsily threw a kick and busted his own leg, like an amateur street fighter. BTW, that's the only time I've ever heard of something like that happening...in a street fight when some guy attacked a friend of mine while he was pumping gas. My friend blocked his kick with his knee, sending the other guy down, writhing in pain.

Top ranked Boxers are much more skilled than UFC fighters. They have to have stellar amateur careers and dozens of pro fights (usually) before they get a shot at the title. These UFC guys often get title shots before their 10th fight.

Turned the tv to boxing after the UFC prelims, and the difference in skill level was obvious. UFC fighters have no balance, stand in front of each other, use no feints, and rarely use combinations. Many of them throw too many kicks...a stupid tactic because it leaves them off balance, vulnerable to takedowns, and wastes energy. The best ones are the dudes with wrestling backgrounds who use a combination of wrestling and boxing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back