Largest Texas wildfire ever currently sweeping through Texas

john doe 101

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2021
That's really sad,
I do note that those posters that sent out zillions of negatives when CALIF had fires, are quiet as a mouse with fire in TEXAS.

Over 1 million acres already burned.

"Heavy winds, extremely dry grass and unseasonably warm temperatures across the Panhandle have caused each of the fires spread quickly, fire officials say."

Havent seen any comments from Governor Abbott yet.
Didn't read your link?

“Texans are urged to limit activities that could create sparks and take precautions to keep their loved ones safe,” Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said in a statement Tuesday when he issued a disaster declaration for 60 counties to allow fire response resources to be quickly deployed to areas affected by the wildfires.

• Thanks
Reactions: iku
It's seems a little early in the year for this to be the biggest wildfire ever, I would have more expected this to happen in the middle of the summer or late fall. I hope this doesn't get worse.

Didn't read your link?

“Texans are urged to limit activities that could create sparks and take precautions to keep their loved ones safe,” Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said in a statement Tuesday when he issued a disaster declaration for 60 counties to allow fire response resources to be quickly deployed to areas affected by the wildfires.
No I didn't read the entire article. Thanks for letting me know Abbott told everyone to stay safe.

Over 1 million acres already burned.

"Heavy winds, extremely dry grass and unseasonably warm temperatures across the Panhandle have caused each of the fires spread quickly, fire officials say."

Havent seen any comments from Governor Abbott yet.
I just Googled up "crops Texas panhandle", then cruised Google maps panhandle Texas. The panhandle farmers are definitely farming the cereal crops oats & barley notably & no doubt grass/Timothy hay all HIGHLY FLAMABLE. Oats are the worst like just a hot wheel bearing can start a crop fire in a blink of an eye & spread to several thousands of acres in no time. Farmers share used county/city water tankers that they purchase from auctions to accompany the combines during the harvest but one lightning strike a ways away is catastrophic, by the time a tanker or two reach those fires it's like trying to put out a volcano by pissing on it. Between field fires, mechanical breakdowns, droughts, endless equipment maintenance, working the fields, the farmer is a 24/7 life of endless work. But, without them humanity would starve to death so they keep trudging on & on. Then there are our silo workers who can't make it out & burn alive.

Betcha U will never will look @ Cheerios the same way again!

Keep an eye out for flights to Mexico, Ted Cruz is liable to skip town w/his family during times like this.

Forum List

Back