Largest mumps outbreak in 22 yrs strikes Texas

I don't get the hysteria over mumps. .. :dunno:

When I grew up, every kid I knew eventually came down with mumps, including me and my brother and sister.

It was like a rite of passage.

Now the mumps are treated like some kind of end times plague. .... :cool:
Adult males who get the mumps are at risk of very sore testicles.

Ironically, I think the real reason for these outbreaks, is because of the germ hysteria.

Again, this is just my personal experience, but we have a massive number of people who are so hyper sensitive to be health freaks.

I was at work the other day, and while I was working my hand touched the hand of a co-worker, who immediately ran to the hand sanitizer, and smothered herself with it.

In my experience, all the people who are health freaks, are always the most unhealthy people of all. She's always getting sick. Always not feeling well, and missing work, and complaining they have a headache and so on.

And the same is true of kids in my experience. The women who protect their kids, and never let them go out and play in the dirt, and are always instantly jumping on them to clean a smudge on their cheek.... they are always the kids coming down with something.

People are trying to protect themselves so much from every possible germ, are in effect hindering their own bodies immune system. The result is, when a bug does come up, it sweeps through the public.

People don't get vaccines because they literally can kill you. Go google the US governments vaccine court payouts for DEATHS from vaccines.

LOL Go try that argument on somebody who was not present in the 1952 Polio epidemic in the US. Yes, there is a miniscule chance that you will react negatively to a vaccine. But that is a far smaller chance than there is from getting the disease. Measles often leaves one with a weakened heart, and chicken pox can leave you with shingles later in life.

People don't get vaccines because they literally can kill you. Go google the US governments vaccine court payouts for DEATHS from vaccines.

Anything you do in life has a chance of killing you. And certainly anything you inject into your body, has the potential to kill you.

So there is a risk in all these things.

Problem is, there is a risk in not doing these things as well.

There is a chance that not having a tumor removed, the tumor will go away on its own. This happens very often.

There is also a chance that if you remove the tumor, that you will die on the operating table, or have seriously life changing complications.

It is entirely possible that you could die from surgery to remove the tumor, when you would not have died from the tumor.

The question is, what is the risk assessment? Which is the bigger danger? Obviously with most people, the larger danger is letting the tumor stay there. The chance that it just evaporates on it's own, are real... but very small.
Equally the chances you'll die in operation, are real... but small.

The most likely result is that you don't remove it and die, or that you do remove it, and live.

The vast majority of Vaccines are the same. Specifically the real bad illnesses, Polio and Smallpox, the vaccination has an extremely high effective rate, and extremely low risk factor.

Is it possible some may die? Sure. But without vaccination, thousands died every year. One or two deaths in millions of vaccinations, is a very good number relative to at one point 5,000 deaths from Polio in 1952 I think.

One is far better than the other.

About the only vaccine that I'm not a big fan of, is the Flu vaccine. And the reason is that there are a dozen different flu viruses, and the vaccine only deals with 2 or 3 strains. Which means that the only time the vaccine is effective, is when you happen to be exposed to the exact same strain, that your vaccine was against. Otherwise, it has virtually no benefit.

Anything you do in life has a chance of killing you. And certainly anything you inject into your body, has the potential to kill you.

There is a chance that not having a tumor removed, the tumor will go away on its own. This happens very often.

There is also a chance that if you remove the tumor, that you will die on the operating table, or have seriously life changing complications.

It is entirely possible that you could die from surgery to remove the tumor, when you would not have died from the tumor.

The question is, what is the risk assessment? Which is the bigger danger? Obviously with most people, the larger danger is letting the tumor stay there. The chance that it just evaporates on it's own, are real... but very small.

The most likely result is that you don't remove it and die, or that you do remove it, and live.

The vast majority of Vaccines are the same. Specifically the real bad illnesses, Polio and Smallpox, the vaccination has an extremely high effective rate, and extremely low risk factor.

Is it possible some may die? Sure. But without vaccination, thousands died every year. One or two deaths in millions of vaccinations, is a very good number relative to at one point 5,000 deaths from Polio in 1952 I think.

About the only vaccine that I'm not a big fan of, is the Flu vaccine. And the reason is that there are a dozen different flu viruses, and the vaccine only deals with 2 or 3 strains. Which means that the only time the vaccine is effective, is when you happen to be exposed to the exact same strain, that your vaccine was against. Otherwise, it has virtually no benefit.
So poison body with chemicals almost certain to have adverse affect OR take chance on ancient diseases affecting you....I will take my chances. I live in a really white area so no illegals bringing diseases here.

So poison body with chemicals almost certain to have adverse affect OR take chance on ancient diseases affecting you....I will take my chances. I live in a really white area so no illegals bringing diseases here.

Yeah lol.... England said the same thing about the bubonic plague.

Almost certain to have adverse affect? Not sure what you are talking about. Adverse affects are very rare by any quantitative measure.

Also many people stoped giving their children the vaccines...
According to the article, the outbreak is not being attributed to
a lack of vaccinations... its those who have been vaccinated,
according to CDC, that are infected with the virus.

In my experience, all the people who are health freaks, are always the most unhealthy people of all.

And the same is true of kids in my experience. The women who protect their kids, and never let them go out and play in the dirt, and are always instantly jumping on them to clean a smudge on their cheek.... they are always the kids coming down with something.

People are trying to protect themselves so much from every possible germ, are in effect hindering their own bodies immune system.

About the only vaccine that I'm not a big fan of, is the Flu vaccine.
This is so true.

My brother is a health freak and my sister a germaphobe,
and they get sick the most.

Every year, my sister, who is a nurse,
and my nephew, get the flu shot...
every year they get the flu right after the shot.

I ask her, why do you pay to infect yourself?...
So we don't get the flu
but, you both are home now and have the flu....
that's just a typical reaction after receiving the shot,
we won't get sick with the flu the rest of the season
:uhh: :uhoh3:

Forum List

Back