Largest mumps outbreak in 22 yrs strikes Texas

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
The Texas Department of State Health Services warned this week of multiple ongoing mumps outbreaks. The surge, which includes 221 cases this year, constitutes the highest incidence of mumps in the state in 22 years. Mumps is a contagious disease caused by a virus that spreads from person to person through saliva and mucus.

Largest Mumps Outbreak in 22 Years Strikes Texas

Probably all the dam illegals coming into the country perfect spot the border..

The Texas Department of State Health Services warned this week of multiple ongoing mumps outbreaks. The surge, which includes 221 cases this year, constitutes the highest incidence of mumps in the state in 22 years. Mumps is a contagious disease caused by a virus that spreads from person to person through saliva and mucus.

What, the "three million illegals" that Hillary brought in to run up the vote totals?

Your own link notes the cases are concentrated in north Texas and suggests they migrated from northwest Arkansas.

I wonder if Licorice or Astragalus root helps if someone has mumps? Both are anti-viral.

After about 15 years, the mumps vaccine wanes in effectiveness, so one needs to update that. Plus Texas has a lot of 'Conservatives' that are fruitloop enough to believe that vaccines are dangerous.

After about 15 years, the mumps vaccine wanes in effectiveness, so one needs to update that. Plus Texas has a lot of 'Conservatives' that are fruitloop enough to believe that vaccines are dangerous.

I don't get how you think that "conservative" and "vaccines are dangerous" has any connection.... But yeah, we have a bunch of conspiracy weirdos that are scared of vaccines for some reason.

"Mumps cases potentially linked to South Padre Island first came to light this week when another state health department contacted DSHS about a patient with mumps who had traveled to the area for spring break. DSHS alerted other states and, as of April 11, has been notified of 13 mumps cases in people who traveled to South Padre Island between March 8 and March 22 from six states, including two cases from Texas."
Mumps Health Advisory - 04/12/17

I had mumps when I was a kid.

It was miserable with swollen tonsils, but I got to eat ice cream. :)

I don't get how you think that "conservative" and "vaccines are dangerous" has any connection.... But yeah, we have a bunch of conspiracy weirdos that are scared of vaccines for some reason.
'Conservative', not conservative. Your standard conservative believes in fiscal sanity and an older order of things. Your 'Conservative' believes in anything, the more unlikely, the better.

'Conservative', not conservative. Your standard conservative believes in fiscal sanity and an older order of things. Your 'Conservative' believes in anything, the more unlikely, the better.

Yeah, I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't know any conservatives that believes in the more unlikely the better.... whatever that means.

Bummer.

It wouldn't be a problem if people got their fucking shots.

As it is, I consider Mumps to be God's way of saying "Well, you're too fucking stupid to get a shot, so now you're considered too fucking stupid to have kids.".....or words to that effect.

Bummer.
Coming to your neighborhood this summer!

Bummer.
Not a backward 3rd world place like Texas.

Bummer.
Not a backward 3rd world place like Texas.
You really do hate Mexicans, don't you?

Well that was to be expected. When you have that many illegals crossing the border they bring disease with them.

I don't get the hysteria over mumps. .. :dunno:

When I grew up, every kid I knew eventually came down with mumps, including me and my brother and sister.

It was like a rite of passage.

Now the mumps are treated like some kind of end times plague. .... :cool:

Forum List

Back