Labor Participation Rate Lowest Since 1978 - Yet there are 10 Fold More Working Mom's Now!!!

Except that NAFTA was always an extremist rightwing dogma.

most economists on both sides support free trade( including TPP-40% of world GDP) because without it we'd all die trying to make our own food, clothing, and shelter,etc,etc. Do you understand??

NAFTA passed under a supporting Clinton regime in his first term before the GOP took congress in the midterms. NAFTA is and was horrible.
NAFTA was the brainchild of the Reagan/Bush Regimes and was mainly supported by CON$ervatives.

Rush's Qualifications for President
January 2, 2008

RUSH: What about NAFTA? When Bill Clinton signed NAFTA and his wife, Hillary was against it, somebody changed his mind. Who do you think did that? Remember Algore in the debate with Ross Perot, cited me as a distinguished American in favor of NAFTA.

4 million baby boomers drop out of the workforce every year and our labor participation rate is dropping?

I can see why conservatives are so concerned

93 million Americans do not work. That is nearly a 1/3 of the TOTAL US population. That is the lowest labor participation rate since 1978. In 1978, there were 10 fold more stay at home mothers than now
That's a load of horse shit!

There were 10.4 million stay at home moms in 2012, your BS would make 104 million in 1978. In the 1970s stay at home moms made up 49% of all mothers which would mean there were 212 million moms in the 1970s. Assuming all had only one child and you get a US population of just moms and children totaling a minimum of 424 million in 1978. Need I go on making a fool of you?

LFP is very low, unemployment U6 is very very high, income is down. This is because liberal soviet intervention is failing yet again.

4 million baby boomers drop out of the workforce every year and our labor participation rate is dropping?

I can see why conservatives are so concerned

dear, if you retire you are not in the labor force so don't count . Do you understand?

Americans Not in Labor Force Exceed 93 Million for First Time 62.7 Labor Force Participation Matches 37-Year Low CNS News

93 million Americans do not work. That is nearly a 1/3 of the TOTAL US population. That is the lowest labor participation rate since 1978. In 1978, there were 10 fold more stay at home mothers than now and Jimmy "Limp Dick" Carter as presidente. Yet labor participation rate was similarly horrendously low.

We are lead to believe by the faux numbers and the librat media that the economy is peachy, yet the driving force for the so-called 5.5% unemployment number is the absolutely frightening labor participation rate.

So 93 million Americans don't work. Obama is made more don't work. If he could only get 100 million more to so-call leave the labor force he would have full employment numbers!

Talk to new grads and you hear, man I got $90K in student loan debt, yet there are no jobs to be had other than low paid unskilled service jobs!

The economy isn't good and no amount of librat propaganda can change the reality on the ground!

good point with lots new working moms working LFP should be up, and it would be were it not for idiotic liberal economic policies.

failed "free markets" dogma

economists on both sides support NAFTA and TPP( 40% of world GDP) knowing that without free trade we would all starve to death making our own food clothing shelter cars and phones.

Do you understand free trade now??

Except that NAFTA was always an extremist rightwing dogma. Simply because Clinton was fooled into signing it doesn't alter who owns it and the fall out because of it.

NAFTA was a bipartisan legislation. It was passed in 1993 by a Democratic House and a Democratic Senate and signed off on by a Democratic president. 132 Republicans voted for it in the House and 102 Democrats. 30 Republicans voted for it in the Senate and 43 Democrats.

U.S. Senate Roll Call Vote

H.R. 3450 103rd North American Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act -- GovTrack.us

So blaming Dems for failed GOP fiscal policies is disingenuous. Own your failures and try to learn from them.

So pretending Dems played no role for their own failed economic policy is disingenuous. Own your failures and try to learn from them.

Except that NAFTA was always an extremist rightwing dogma. Simply because Clinton was fooled into signing it doesn't alter who owns it and the fall out because of it.

NAFTA was a bipartisan legislation. It was passed in 1993 by a Democratic House and a Democratic Senate and signed off on by a Democratic president. 132 Republicans voted for it in the House and 102 Democrats. 30 Republicans voted for it in the Senate and 43 Democrats.

H.R. 3450 103rd North American Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act -- GovTrack.us

So blaming Dems for failed GOP fiscal policies is disingenuous. Own your failures and try to learn from them.

So pretending Dems played no role for their own failed economic policy is disingenuous. Own your failures and try to learn from them.

I am not denying that the Dems played a role. However their role was that of the duped. The role of dupers was played by the GOP. I am more than willing to own up to being duped by the GOP. Are you willing to own being part of the dupers?

I am not denying that the Dems played a role.

They played the dominant role.

However their role was that of the duped.

So your party is full of stupid people. I already know this.

The role of dupers was played by the GOP.

Who apparently must be so intelligent and cunning that they were about to convince your party who controlled the federal government to vote for that piece of shit? Is that your premise?

I am more than willing to own up to being duped by the GOP. Are you willing to own being part of the dupers?

I'm willing to hold all politicians accountable for their fuck ups. You apparently are only willing to do so if they have an R next to their name.

I am not denying that the Dems played a role. However their role was that of the duped. The role of dupers was played by the GOP. I am more than willing to own up to being duped by the GOP. Are you willing to own being part of the dupers?

dear, duped????? Obama wants to pass TPP(40% of global GDP) and economists on both sides support free trade which is why the whole world is switching to it.

And we have the far right saying the GOP was the real Civil Rights party of 1964 and 1965.

No, the GOP was not then, and the Dems were not duped 28 years later.

NAFTA is and was horrible.

actually Nafta is free trade without which you would starve trying to make your car home and phone all by yourself.

So before NAFTA we were all starving and didn't have a car, home, or phone?

before NAFTA you drove a Ford that rusted in 4 years or Chevy whose engine broke down irreparably in 5 years.

My parents had a Toyota. And they didn't make it themselves. They bought it from a car dealership who imported it from Japan.

Forum List

Back