LA Times says CA has only a year of water. I say toss the 10 million illegals and problem solved

For the state of California, industry consumes 80% of all their drinking water leaving only 20% for the 40 million people living there.

So that 20% must be an awful lot of water which gives us some idea of just how much water they're consuming.

If they need more and they will, desalination is their only answer.

California and the left coast generally is the future Appalachia written very large. On one side is an Ocean that covers one third of the world's surface and the other side has 5-8 mountain ranges until the great plains are reached. A future backwater comparable to central Asia.
wow what world do you live in?......the future Appalachia?...to many rich people here for that to happen......

Article lists 3 things to be done but none of them address the horde of illegal invaders. Kick them out (as the law requires) and the drought problem would be solved overnight.

California has about one year of water left. Will you ration now - LA Times

march 12 2015

As our “wet” season draws to a close, it is clear that the paltry rain and snowfall have done almost nothing to alleviate epic drought conditions. January was the driest in California since record-keeping began in 1895. Groundwater and snowpack levels are at all-time lows.

As difficult as it may be to face, the simple fact is that California is running out of water — and the problem started before our current drought. NASA data reveal that total water storage in California has been in steady decline since at least 2002, when satellite-based monitoring began, although groundwater depletion has been going on since the early 20th century.
Right now the state has only about one year of water supply left in its reservoirs, and our strategic backup supply, groundwater, is rapidly disappearing. California has no contingency plan for a persistent drought like this one (let alone a 20-plus-year mega-drought), except, apparently, staying in emergency mode and praying for rain.

550x309

If we follow your idea California has 1 year and 4 months of water. Explains why you're not a policy wonk huh.

What the problem is....NOT ENOUGH DESALINATION PLANTS. The whole coast is nothing but water. Salt water. WTF that they haven't built more.
A solar still would be the lowest cost in the long run but CA is broke and it would be an eyesore.
Desalination has a significantly negative effect on the environment as well, and would harm water/sea life.
Yeah we need to protect all living creatures and the environment, except mankind, they can die off as far as retarded tree jiggers are concerned.

California and the left coast generally is the future Appalachia written very large. On one side is an Ocean that covers one third of the world's surface and the other side has 5-8 mountain ranges until the great plains are reached. A future backwater comparable to central Asia.
wow what world do you live in?......the future Appalachia?...to many rich people here for that to happen......

When it goes dry your real estate value of all those rich properties is effectively zero..

I wrote:
"CA;s water problem may be a direct result of its desertification of its alpine biomes by siphoning the Owens Valley, which affects the water table, ultimately evaporation which feeds the high Sierra storms necessary for building snowpack. The vicious cycle includes the shrinking glaciers in the high mountains which feed the streams in Summer that feed the reservoirs that feed the Central Valley's ever climbing temps as the cycle escalates.
A systematic restoration of the Owen's water table and Mono Lake would be one of the magic bullets to reverse the cycle and restore CA's potential. Many downstream tracks of land..or rather, down-canal, would be able to be utilized again. Much of it now sits fallow, going back to semi-desert. This is the area around Bakersfield which is now mainly used for cattle grazing. But cows need water too. Some tracts have been reclaimed in recent years to crops but there is much still sitting dry around the oil field area.
Desalination could feed a line into the Owen's Valley and restore it back to the Owen's Lake it used to be before LA scammed the region by land buyouts. It also could feed many local municipal reservoirs in So Cal.
Could call it "operation reverse the LA Aquaduct."
California is the 7th biggest economy in the world. A very diverse economy, ranging from silicon valley to truck farms. It also has a climate that is extremely vulneble to weather swings. Records of long droughts and huge floods.

Yet we see our 'Conservatives' taking joy in the fact that they are currently in a drought situation. What a sad reflection that is on the mental state of such people.

Sillhoutte, I hope that your company has a good economical solution. But, even it it does, it will be fought tooth and nail by the 'Conservtives' simply because it has solar in it's name.
Oh, it's not my company...lol... I just googled it. I know of the technology though a little. Bit of a hobby for me. And I have seen just about every corner of California, multiple times and am intimately aware of many of its "issues".

The draining of the natural water tables has had an effect on the microclimate of the High Sierra, a place where CA relies most heavily for its Central Valley irrigation during the long hot Summers there. Without that water, California is hosed, pardon the pun. The shrinking/disappearing highcountry glaciers that were lasting all through Summer slowly melting is the big problem. So it is a vicious cycle. LA's urban/residential use (not even for agriculture!) is sucking the more and more arid region East of the Sierras drier and drier via the Aquaduct. That area in turn is sucking more and more (or refusing to evaporate more and more water) from/to High Sierra's microclimate weather system & snowpack.

It's important to understand that this isn't just some temporary glitch in our nation's biggest money maker. This is a downward spiral. This glacial shrinking has been virtually uninterrupted since the 1950s...just about the time the LA Aquaduct's thirsty straw pushed that microclimate over a tipping point. "Save Mono Lake"... Everyone who has been to California has at one time or another seen that bumper sticker. Owen's Lake is long gone now. It's just an immense dry valley now where much water once stood. Vital water to snowpack 9-14,000 feet above.

It isn't an exaggeration to say that this issue affects the US's only hold left on world power: Food. A tremendous amount of our nation's food to trade is produced in California. Food for oil, food for favors, food for ...etc. etc. So this isn't just a California emergency and downward spiral. It's a national emergency and downward spiral.

Personally, my beef is golf courses keep their lawn nice and green so a bunch of rich people can knock a ball from a stick into a hole a mile away. Our farmers need that water to grow crops that feed many states. Fuck the golf courses.

Golf is a great game. You just hate it cause it's nearly all white people and you're a hate-filled racist.

We have ships with desalination plants that could easily pump potable water into distribution systems all along the coast. Need more de-sal water...?...build more floating plants (on seaworthy ships) and move them around as needed.

Hey einstein. Why spend a fortune on desalination when tossing out the illegals will solve the drought problem and also SAVE money?. THINK

This is the problem: The LA Aquaduct. It is a problem that could be solved by solar thermal desalination of seawater using sunshine to which LA has AMPLE access to both.

The draining of the natural water tables has had an effect on the microclimate of the High Sierra, a place where CA relies most heavily for its Central Valley irrigation during the long hot Summers there. Without that water, California is hosed, pardon the pun. The shrinking/disappearing highcountry glaciers that were lasting all through Summer slowly melting is the big problem. So it is a vicious cycle. LA's urban/residential use (not even for agriculture!) is sucking the more and more arid region East of the Sierras drier and drier via the Aquaduct. That area in turn is sucking more and more (or refusing to evaporate more and more water) from/to High Sierra's microclimate weather system & snowpack. That Summer snowmelt is tapped in numerous locations on the Western Sierra slope in a huge reclamation engineering project to feed the Central Valley agri-business.

It's important to understand that this isn't just some temporary glitch in our nation's biggest money maker. This is a downward spiral. This glacial shrinking has been virtually uninterrupted since the 1950s...just about the time the LA Aquaduct's thirsty straw pushed that microclimate over a tipping point. "Save Mono Lake"... Everyone who has been to California has at one time or another seen that bumper sticker. Owen's Lake is long gone now. Mono Lake is just at the very upper point of the feed of that vast underground aquafer system East of the Sierra Range. Owen's "Lake" is just an immense dry valley now where much water once stood. Vital water to snowpack 9-14,000 feet above.

It isn't an exaggeration to say that this issue affects the US's only hold left on world power: Food. A tremendous amount of our nation's food to trade is produced in California. Food for oil, food for favors, food for ...etc. etc. So this isn't just a California emergency and downward spiral. It's a national emergency and downward spiral.

I marked the map below with a faint whitish outline of the rough location of the old Owen's Lake that has disappeared since the LA Aquaduct went in. This huge lake and underground reservoir fed the California agriculture system in subtle ways that were purposefully obfuscated so that LA's powerful water lobby and real estate sharks could continue to expand that metropolis artificially. If they had to rely on local watersheds in LA, that cancer would be about 1/100th of the size it is now, maybe smaller...

The black line directing you to the "region affected" is also roughly the location of the LA Aquaduct easement.

Best%20US%20drought%20map_zpshpylb6sr.jpg

Last edited:
If they need more and they will, desalination is their only answer.

Kick out the illegals, you nitwit. That will save money not cost money. THINK

Don't be stupid. You're promoting a solution that'll do nothing to solve the problem, seeings how their total population consumes only 20 percent of the water. If your only goal is to reduce water consumption then you need to take a hard look at industry to achieve your goal.

Aaaaww gee... I feel so sorry for all those America hating progtards that ban the American flag in kullyfornia, and the millions upon millions of illegal aliens living off the American tax payers too, what a shame they're running out of water... while I sit here in Wisconsin with some of the best water in the world 15 feet under me, and bordering the largest fresh water lakes on the planet.

As was previously stated, 80% of the water consumption in the land of fruits and nuts is AGRICULTURAL. Their PUMPING the water gone, and parts of kullyfornia are SINKING by a FOOT a year because of the ground water depletion. Well, they better do something, or they WILL run out of water, it's inevitable. But ya never know what the bubble heads in that state will do. They're broke yet pay for all their illegals. It's stupidity at it's finest.

Last edited:
Desalination will NOT fix the problem. It's like putting a band aide on an AMPUTATED LIMB.

AGRICULTURE uses too much water in kullyfornia, PERIOD. Until they deal with that, they will continue to deplete their water supply, desalination plant or not. Desalination would NEVER be able to KEEP UP.

Last edited:
Aaaaww gee... I feel so sorry for all those America hating progtards that ban the American flag in kullyfornia, and the millions upon millions of illegal aliens living off the American tax payers too, what a shame they're running out of water... while I sit here in Wisconsin with some of the best water in the world 15 feet under me, and bordering the largest fresh water lakes on the planet.

As was previously stated, 80% of the water consumption in the land of fruits and nuts is AGRICULTURAL. Their PUMPING the water gone, and parts of kullyfornia are SINKING by a FOOT a year because of the ground water depletion. Well, they better do something, or they WILL run out of water, it's inevitable. But ya never know what the bubble heads in that state will do. They're broke yet pay for all their illegals. It's stupidity at it's finest.
I feel sorry for people with triple digit IQs when the first 2 digits are zeroes.

Let's get George Soros to finance a railroad company to transport water from the Mississippi River across the Rockies and charge Californians by the ounce...or build a pipeline from the Great Lakes to the Continental Divide with pumping stations along the way. Take ALL of the gold in California to pay for it.

Either that or sit back and laugh our asses off at the silliest state in the union!

The only bad thing about the failure of California is that the current residents are moving out and infesting other areas.
The only bad thing about the failure of California is that the current residents are moving out and infesting other areas
pay back for when all you fuckers from the other states moved here in the 70's and 80's and 90's and fucked this state up....how does it feel?....

Obviously getting rid of people who ILLEGALLY live there would alleviate at least some of the problems related to the California drought.
Of course though, I would get rid of the mother fucker's even if California was swimming in water.

That said the heart of the problems in California lies in putting 40 million people in an area that is already drier, and lacking in resources from the start.

Has anyone exerted any leadership on this issue at all, or are they sleepwalking to destruction?

I have been rationing. I just cut my yard in half AGAIN this morning. So now I am using only 1/4th of it. I water the fruit trees but letting the grass die in the 3/4th section.
I do what I can. I like california. But if I could move to oregon or washington I would in a heart beat. Gotta have my pacific ocean.
Last time I checked the Pacific goes all the way to the border with Canada and beyond...So moving north, would not endanger your view of the Pacific....No shit.
Ok, I'm jst trying to be funny.....Seriously though, I believe it is just So Cal that is effected by drought. The northern half is fine.
the northern half is where most of the farms are (central valley) and they are affected too....

Forum List

Back