La Commedia Divina...

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
When Dante wrote his Divine Comedy he roiled politicians and Popes to the point of divine laughter...It really is amazing at the parallels of Nut&Yahoo presents for our comic environment today...

Everyone is snickering at the buffoon of Israel!

Netanyahu calls Schumer - Al Jazeera English

Netanyahu questioning the Democrats' support of Israel [Reuters]

About the Author
Marwan Bishara

Marwan Bishara is the senior political analyst at Al Jazeera.

@MarwanBishara

Story highlights
Increasingly isolated, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu turns to US Senator Chuck Schumer, Israel's leading friend, to enlist his support against President Barack Obama. It's likely their conversation went like this, says Marwan Bishara.

Increasingly isolated, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu turns to US Senator Chuck Schumer, Israel's leading friend, to enlist his support against President Barack Obama. It's likely their conversation went like this, says Marwan Bishara.

BN: Shalom Chuck

CS: Hello dearest friend, how's the motherland?

BN: Baruch Hashem - God Bless.

CS: I hear you've been in touch with congressional leaders; how did that go?

BN: Am furious, Chuck. What's the matter with you people? When did you Democrats become so indifferent to Israel?

CS: Indifferent?

BN: How is it that Republicans, even non-Jewish Republicans, are so supportive of Israel while you guys are inventing excuses for Obama? Senator Graham tells me Congress will follow my lead on Iran, when you follow Obama blindly!

CS: First of all, that's not true. Second, more than a few of the Republican Israeli enthusiasts are Evangelical anti-Semites.

BN: I am less concerned by their motivation and more by their support.

CS: Oh, but we live in America, Bibi. Motivation is important.

CS: Perhaps towards you; certainly not against Israel. You see your/our problem with this guy is that he has a solid record of supporting Israel during the last six years. Kerry has gone out his way on many occasions to defend Israel. He made unprecedented effort to block the Palestinians at the UN and at the ICC.

BN: Perhaps it's time American Jewry moves to the Jewish State.

CS: I shall ignore that. Let's talk about why you really called. We are upset here because [Israel's ambassador to the US Ron] Dermer didn't coordinate your appearance in Congress with us in the pro-Israel community before speaking to Speaker Boehner.

BN: Ron's initiative doesn't justify [Nancy] Pelosi and [Harry] Reid shooting down my visit under the pretext that it will hurt me and hurt Israel. What bull***t.

CS: Listen, we are under a lot of pressure from the White House. Obama is taking it personally and he's pressuring people to take a stand. It's not easy for Democrats, Jewish or others, to walk out on the president, not after we lost the majority in the Senate.

BN: Look, the speech is only the pretext; this is about Obama's latent hostility towards me and towards Israel.

CS: Perhaps towards you; certainly not against Israel. You see your/our problem with this guy is that he has a solid record of supporting Israel during the last six years. Kerry has gone out his way on many occasions to defend Israel. He made an unprecedented effort to block the Palestinians at the UN and at the ICC.

BN: Listen, that's the least they can do, after all the Palestinians have snubbed them too.

CS: But the Palestinians do not insult Obama and his top people, Kerry and Biden. You do. You humiliate them nonstop.

BN: Again, it's not personal. The Obama administration is just too indifferent; it's not robust or proactive when it comes to the US and the Middle East. It's nothing like the Bush administration.

CS: Hey, you're speaking to a Democrat. We support you just as the Republicans, except we don't try to exploit you as they do.

BN: Perhaps, but our worldview is closer to the Republicans than it is to the Democrats.

CS: Look, after 2001, as one senator noted, Congress was all Likud. But things have changed after the Iraq war blunders.

BN: But the Middle East is worse today than it was in 2001. Extremism is more imminent and more dangerous.

CS: And yet, more and more Americans want to have less and less to do with your region, especially among the Democrats.

BN: That's shortsighted.

Forum List

Back