L.A. Teachers Union Leader: 'There's No Such Thing As Learning Loss'

Charter schools are run by a private board. Public schools are run by the state board of education.
The funding for charter schools comes from the same source as public schools. They are supervised by that same state board of education. You may have a board that runs the school, but that doesn't change the fact that it is a public school.

My issue is that teachers these days seem to lean to teaching kids what to think vs teaching them how to think
That is your personal prejudice. I can tell you that most of the very many many many teachers I know do not feel that way.

The funding for charter schools comes from the same source as public schools. They are supervised by that same state board of education. You may have a board that runs the school, but that doesn't change the fact that it is a public school.
Actually charter schools only have to meet the standards set up by their charter to receive their grants. And the state board does not dictate their charter. Charter schools are also funded by private donations. And they don’t have to adhere to the same rules as public school.

I learned to read at home, before I started school. School only added to my vocabulary and arithmetic skills, and when we finally got a library in our town I got more out of it than school provided.

The past two years have shown why that is a bad idea.

Actually few can tell any difference outside of social skills. I didn't quote you because I care what you think, I just wanted to address the point, so don't have orgasms over it.

And we wonder why our schools are garbage compared to other OECD nations

And this is another recent gem of hers too

Union supporters complain about how little unionization there is in this country in the 21st century. There is your reason.
Wsj is reporting massive surge of normie and registered dem parents now looking at school choice for some strange reason

I wonder what it could be...besides the masks

Actually charter schools only have to meet the standards set up by their charter to receive their grants. And the state board does not dictate their charter. Charter schools are also funded by private donations. And they don’t have to adhere to the same rules as public school.
Why do you keep lying to yourself?

If what you claim is true, you are talking about a private school., not a charter school.

Let's see a link to this so-called charter school. I'll bet you that your claims are likely false.

Why do you keep lying to yourself?

If what you claim is true, you are talking about a private school., not a charter school.

Let's see a link to this so-called charter school. I'll bet you that your claims are likely false.
Charter schools operate independently from the established public school system.
They are not “ a public school”.
Infact they are exempted from at least some ( sometimes all) state,local and federal laws that govern public schools.

I stand by my statements. Not sure what you don’t understand about that, old man. Maybe you need to go back to school.

Azog, do you have a Master's degree in this topic? Well, I do! No need for me to go back to school as I meet the requirements to serve as a school superintendent.

You are arguing this thread like a know-it-all liberal, who of course knows nothing.

The past two years have shown that is not a great approach k-12.
Ummm..NO. You aren't listening...I am not talking about Teachers doing zoom calls or whatever other platforms that they are using. The kids being forced to get on these platforms for their classroom teaching is doing nothing but wasting kids times as the teachers try to justify their paychecks. Get rid of the teachers and these worthless classes. Teachers primary job thanks to their unions has been babysitting and they can't do this with children forced to attend class via computer.

They can create workbooks with simple instructions where parents should be able to teach their kids better than a school and these unionized idiotic teachers ever could. Computer programs not requiring a teacher are already out there and could be expanded to teach children far far better than teachers can as well. Kids pick things up quickly----so much time and money is wasted on school teachers.

There is no reason why they can't decide what kids have to know by each grade level...and have computer programs teach each and every category.

Ummm..NO. You aren't listening...I am not talking about Teachers doing zoom calls or whatever other platforms that they are using. The kids being forced to get on these platforms for their classroom teaching is doing nothing but wasting kids times as the teachers try to justify their paychecks. Get rid of the teachers and these worthless classes. Teachers primary job thanks to their unions has been babysitting and they can't do this with children forced to attend class via computer.

They can create workbooks with simple instructions where parents should be able to teach their kids better than a school and these unionized idiotic teachers ever could. Computer programs not requiring a teacher are already out there and could be expanded to teach children far far better than teachers can as well. Kids pick things up quickly----so much time and money is wasted on school teachers.

There is no reason why they can't decide what kids have to know by each grade level...and have computer programs teach each and every category.
You’re imagining. I’m informing you from experience.

Wsj is reporting massive surge of normie and registered dem parents now looking at school choice for some strange reason

I wonder what it could be...besides the masks

No well known Democrat pols I know of send their kids to public schools, especially not black pols.

Forum List

Back