L.A. Teachers Union Leader: 'There's No Such Thing As Learning Loss'

Hey, if school is via computer the limits on class size should be eliminated. A class could have five or six hundred students watching the teacher speak. That would cut the need for teachers down to almost nil.
Wow. Could not be more ignorant.

Home schooling, charter schools, co ops or any other alternative education source is preferable to our union controlled government schools.
I took my kids out of public school and put them in a charter school. Best decision I ever made. They thrived after I took them out of public school.

Through my kids. When I help them with their hw and such.
How many days per week do you sit in on their classes? How do you arrange an objective, side-by-side analysis of their classes and yours back in the 90s? Not the fog of your memories, but exact and unedited replay.

How many days per week do you sit in on their classes? How do you arrange an objective, side-by-side analysis of their classes and yours back in the 90s? Not the fog of your memories, but exact and unedited replay.
It’s more or less of what I recall. It’s not an exact science but my wife agrees as do many parents of their peers. To me it’s pretty accurate but to your point not an exact scientific study.

Alright then...close the schools and go straight to schooling from home on the computer.
Think of all the money we'll save on taxes when we dont have to pay for the extravagant schools that dont do shit when it comes to learning.
I see no reason why we shouldn't cut the teachers salaries in half while we're at it.
Go to teaching on the computer....we could fire most teachers outright. Classes could be recorded...work books sent home with self explanatory instructions and viola better educated kids with far fewer teachers needed.

Go to teaching on the computer....we could fire most teachers outright. Classes could be recorded...work books sent home with self explanatory instructions and viola better educated kids with far fewer teachers needed.
The past two years have shown that is not a great approach k-12.

Wow. Could not be more ignorant.
How? If a teacher is just lecturing without direct student contact what does class size matter? There are college classes that size in lecture halls. If a teacher is really teaching, classes should be a dozen students or less.

Forum List

Back