Krishna/Shiva/Vishnu: Token Governance?

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is an allegorical conversation between Krishna (Hindu god of negotiation), Shiva (Hindu god of destruction), and Vishnu (Hindu god of protection) about consumerism governance (perhaps relevant to the commerce-hypnosis of our arguably capitalism-subjective 'TrumpUSA').

====

KRISHNA: The nature of the mind is to meditate on conflict.
SHIVA: American youngsters are fascinated by war-toys.
VISHNU: Commerce can be linked to mob psychology.

blitzwing.jpg

KRISHNA: The real challenge is to transcend the necessity of civil wars.
SHIVA: Schisms within the same school-of-thought can be resolved with chess...
VISHNU: Maybe politics is simply a game!

halloween-demon_1048-3428.jpg

KRISHNA: The marketing of Al Jazeera TV represents humanity's efforts towards globalization.
SHIVA: Educators should teach kids about the therapeutic value of non-deceptive masquerade (Halloween).
VISHNU: One must discriminate between propaganda and passion.

p3.png

KRISHNA: What if politicians advocate the sale of water-pistols to kids?
SHIVA: That would be more culturally-productive than the advertising of NRA demands...
VISHNU: People demand a government that is run by the needs of the ruled!

JokerandHarleyQuinn.jpg

KRISHNA: Maybe war-themed video-games are great symbols of intellectual resolution to wrath.
SHIVA: That's why media censorship continues to be the hairiest issue in discussions about education.
VISHNU: Neighborhood curfews, mandated censorship, and school uniforms symbolize moderate democracy.

red.jpg

KRISHNA: The sale of Starbucks coffee is arguably a 'civilized achievement.'
SHIVA: Armies of satisfied post office workers and shop-clerks comprise the modern 'heaven.'
VISHNU: The popularity of Netflix is good, since it promotes optimism towards 'pop-culture access.'

====

KRISHNA/SHIVA/VISHNU:

trigod.jpg

Dystopian Doughnuts

Can we coordinate old-world storytelling with 'new world vending' (e.g., cheeseburgers)?

====

As Shiva wandered around Earth, he visited each of the Grand Slam tennis tournaments (in chronological order) --- the Australian Open, the French Open, Wimbledon, and the US Open. He then visited each of the prestigious American colleges/universities that comprised the Ivy League --- Harvard, Yale, Dartmouth, Princeton, Brown, UPenn, Columbia, and Cornell. Shiva sampled the food at the stadiums of each Grand Slam tennis tournament, and then he sampled the cafeteria food at each of the Ivy League schools. Shiva concluded that the food at the French Open (Roland-Garros Stadium) and the food at Dartmouth College were superior in every way.

Shiva then wrote up a report about the lure of good-tasting food at culturally symbolic venues/sites/monuments such as Roland-Garros and the Salk Institute (UCSD). He watched the 2017 French Open and cheered on highly-ranked female tennis player Simona Halep (Romania) who made it all the way to the Finals of the coveted tournament. He then saw a orchestra performance at Dartmouth College and wondered how many Romanian students attended Dartmouth since the 1960s. Shiva disguised himself as a human being and interviewed Simona Halep after her shocking loss in the Finals of the 2017 French Open.

SHIVA: What if I told you I was Shiva and ruled the 'Congress of Heaven' alongside Krishna and Vishnu?
HALEP: I thought Hindu doctrine said Shiva ruled with Vishnu and Brahma?
SHIVA: Brahma is sometimes too disattached from the deeds of humanity to be linked to my pedestrian shield work.
HALEP: What's 'pedestrian shield work'?
SHIVA: Sometimes gods have to invest in the concerns of everyday merchants (e.g., Wall Street).
HALEP: Well, what did you think of this year's French Open?
SHIVA: There was some exciting gameplay on the women's side this year...
HALEP: I really thought I should have won today, but I was out-shined.
SHIVA: That happens. The food at Roland-Garros stadium is terrific!
HALEP: It's a nice consolation to disappointed fans/players!
SHIVA: You're correct. Maybe our Burger King universe is not all crude...
HALEP: Maybe!
SHIVA: I wish you better luck in Wimbledon and the US Open this year.
HALEP: I'll need it. Maybe we'll meet again and share some Starbucks coffee.
SHIVA: That would be...symbolic!
HALEP: I can show you this wonderful tennis video game on the Nintendo Wii...

====

shiva2.jpg

Forum List

Back