Kilowatt hour testing on electric blankets......

Your body can handle the low temps better if you lower the temp 1 degree each couple days till you reach the uncomfortable point or goal temp. I solved the nose tip freeze with a mask, but the mask ends up to tight and uncomfortable on my big Jewish nose.
Lol.... Yes I have quite the schnaz myself. I simply used the under blanket time to do some diff calc review on my tablet ... Then took in a movie...." Lucy".....man that's a good one!

The bivouac tent design offers a space to tone down the condensation, and one can adjust the airflow like a carburetor by adjusting the blanket around the face. Absolutely not a red cent for sleeping heat, and with badger’s stealth technique, set-up is fast, within a few minutes. What the hell, you’re going to be unconscious anyway. This year’s experiments include (white tarps [italics]).

Unlike the sleeping bag, a blanket can be adjusted. It can either cover the head if the weave permits, or else adjusted around the face, like the eskimos do it. It works. You have to experiment.

Where is the truly portable unit? One that goes anywhere and is powered by lithium ion rechargeables (solar capable, because the sun also shines in the winter)? What is the wattage? How long will a Jackery 1000 operate the unit, and can it be made intermittent on-off as we mentioned for the solenoid timer-operated system for heating pads?

Where is the truly portable unit? One that goes anywhere and is powered by lithium ion rechargeables (solar capable, because the sun also shines in the winter)? What is the wattage? How long will a Jackery 1000 operate the unit, and can it be made intermittent on-off as we mentioned for the solenoid timer-operated system for heating pads?
Don't know. I know that this tech heats up the objects and walls in the house. And is much cheaper. They are used of ferries in Alaska open to the cold. and it's nice out there in the covered area because of them. They work.

Don't know. I know that this tech heats up the objects and walls in the house. And is much cheaper. They are used of ferries in Alaska open to the cold. and it's nice out there in the covered area because of them. They work.
A solar rechargeable unit that can transfer its radiant energy to a water jacket, is an interesting possibility. You can wear it, and it only heats what it needs to heat. The heater itself can pack on the hip? The water itself being the cushioning, you just lay down in the snow and go to sleep. Nice.

Badger’s winter survival stealth camping will probably include a solution from a company that owns the first patent on a rechargeable portable electric blanket: Cozee. It’s expensive, though should handle below-zero temperatures easily if wrapped inside a large sleeping bag. It’s solar rechargeable when used with a power station, but don’t yet know whether battery back-up will be necessary for a full sub-zero night’s sleep.

Along with the use of a reflective space blanket, sleeping bag and solar recharging, the Cozee makes sense for those weaning themselves from fossil-fuel addiction.

Cozee: How It Started

Forum List

Back