Kids Mobile Toys

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I don't see a lot of small children other than my own grandchildren, but one thing I'm seeing a lot of lately is young kids driving small electric cars. Some are fancier than others, and I realize that they don't go fast enough to do any harm, but they really bother me.

A kid, when s/he goes out side for recreation, should be DOING something. If the kids wants to get around, s/he should be walking, running, biking, riding a scooter, or maybe even a pedal car. Putting them into an electric car and going for a "walk" with them is perverse. Sometimes I see two kids in the little car and the parents walking behind. How F/U is that?

And of course, the kids LOVE it! Who wouldn't?

For the record, I got a nice Schwinn tricycle for my 3-year-old nephew, and he rode the hell out of it, until his other grandfather got him an electric car. Now the trike just sits in garage when they come to visit unless I make an issue out of it and coax him to ride.

And since this is Health & Lifestyle, I might mention that my grandkids go to daycare every day (or summer camp, which is the same thing), and they visit us twice a week for an overnight stay. I'm 70; wife is 67. Is this stupid or what?

Oh, well.

I bought the electric riders for my kids back when they were little(1980's)(2000's) How fucked up is it, it isn't...You just don't like it. Was it fucked up when my Papa would buy me a pony or a horse to ride in the 1960's when I was a kid? My Ma sent me to summer camp which I hated but it was either that or stay on the farm...There is nothing wrong with what your kids are doing with your kids, I don't understand why you are so hostile towards the choices they make, or it it because you are not in charge that bothers yous?

Never had an electric car. My first bike at age nine was a 24" with one gear.

It not only gave me the entire town, but due to being a somewhat hilly region made me strong as a bull.

Dont know if ten is considered a kid in this case but thats when I got my first motorcycle.
1597419708244.png

Forum List

Back