Kick Ass Counseling

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
I follow him on TikTok. He is a spiritual counselor. He works out of New York and he has written books--none of which I have read. He is so damn awesome. The videos are one minute long and that is sometimes all I have time for and then he tells me to have a kick ass day. Anyway he asked this question at night. He said he had a simple question. When did you know? When did you know they were wrong? When did you know that the things that people had been saying about you or criticizing you for weren't right? When did you know they were wrong and what flipped the switch for you? What event happened that caused you to say: Nope. They are wrong.

It's deep, huh? So, when did you? Four days ago is when it came out. One of the things that fucks me up is what is called imposter syndrome. I was like that is a damn good question. I think it hit me the day after the totality of what he was saying.

I know a lot of you, if any, will respond but you should check him out.

When did you know? When did you know they were wrong? When did you know that the things that people had been saying about you or criticizing you for weren't right? When did you know they were wrong and what flipped the switch for you? What event happened that caused you to say: Nope. They are wrong.
I don't think I ever experienced that kind of a lack of self-confidence that I believed that they were right, and I was mistaken. What happened for me was I discovered the precise root of the problem that explained to me why I was inherently right, and they were ignorantly wrong.

In 2007 I realized that the Dewey Decimal system was an erroneous classification system, and that the lack of a reliable knowledge classification system is the root problem in society, because a reliable classification system is necessary for assigning reliable definitions to words; which we need to assure the proper reasoning in our arguments. Furthermore, a derivative of the formula that leads to a reliable knowledge classification hierarchy also leads to a reliable organization of corporate charters.

Last edited:
I follow him on TikTok. He is a spiritual counselor. He works out of New York and he has written books--none of which I have read. He is so damn awesome. The videos are one minute long and that is sometimes all I have time for and then he tells me to have a kick ass day. Anyway he asked this question at night. He said he had a simple question. When did you know? When did you know they were wrong? When did you know that the things that people had been saying about you or criticizing you for weren't right? When did you know they were wrong and what flipped the switch for you? What event happened that caused you to say: Nope. They are wrong.

It's deep, huh? So, when did you? Four days ago is when it came out. One of the things that fucks me up is what is called imposter syndrome. I was like that is a damn good question. I think it hit me the day after the totality of what he was saying.

link sausage.jpg

I watch a couple of spiritual counselors do their thing on TicTok too Disir but not sure one of them is that guy. Nobody has a NY accent if that's any help lol Any way yes...sounds like he asks the simple truths..the important questions and I like that very much too.

I can relate to your imposter syndrome, but it's been a chance to grow even more living that for a couple of years. I've previously had two jobs that were both outside my experience/credentials but was hired at the interview anyway. The entire time on the job (18 months temporary contract each) I felt like a complete fraud...an imposter for sure! I would have these silly dreams about "getting caught" somehow with the variables all twisted lol Anyway, yes..I could never shake feeling like "I only got that job because they were desperate" kind of thing in my mind haha I worked extra hard to not be a slacker in any way...first to arrive/last to leave etc. rarely a lunch. Instant workaholic ha I can be my worst enemy or my biggest fan and that's the voice that matters the most..the only crucial one really...our inner voice saying "Whoa! I wish I had all of those amazing and phenomenal talents! Kudos! " lol and who cares nobody else recognizes these most incredible gifted talents! lol

Hey, meant to mention I'll look for that guy on TikTok:) thanks!

Wow! That only took 5 edits! I am getting ahead of the game now! A sign of inner doubts no doubt- need to perfect lol

Last edited:

disir, there are several good people counseling on the web.

People who are feeling abused probably are being abused.

Start with those who are talking about narcissists and how to get away from them.

View attachment 485791

No, thank you.

I watch a couple of spiritual counselors do their thing on TicTok too Disir but not sure one of them is that guy. Nobody has a NY accent if that's any help lol Any way yes...sounds like he asks the simple truths..the important questions and I like that very much too.

I can relate to your imposter syndrome, but it's been a chance to grow even more living that for a couple of years. I've previously had two jobs that were both outside my experience/credentials but was hired at the interview anyway. The entire time on the job (18 months temporary contract each) I felt like a complete fraud...an imposter for sure! I would have these silly dreams about "getting caught" somehow with the variables all twisted lol Anyway, yes..I could never shake feeling like "I only got that job because they were desperate" kind of thing in my mind haha I worked extra hard to not be a slacker in any way...first to arrive/last to leave etc. rarely a lunch. Instant workaholic ha I can be my worst enemy or my biggest fan and that's the voice that matters the most..the only crucial one really...our inner voice saying "Whoa! I wish I had all of those amazing and phenomenal talents! Kudos! " lol and who cares nobody else recognizes these most incredible gifted talents! lol

Wow! That only took 5 edits! I am getting ahead of the game now! A sign of inner doubts no doubt- need to perfect lol

He doesn't have an accent and I think it's because he is originally out of Wisconsin but I might have him confused with somebody else. You nailed it with "simple truths".

I do think that I only got the job because they were desperate. lol

That inner voice is a mean one. It's crucial. I was really lucky for a while that I had to go 90 miles an hour and I didn't have to contend with it. Then everything shifted but my mind didn't slow down.

We recognize your awesomeness.

Dear Disir
Is there any youtube or other link besides searching on TikTok? I get weird spam or glitches whenever someone sends me TikTok posts so I avoid them.

As for inspiring motivation,
What I look for are people who inspire people to change themselves and ways of perception and BIASES.
Not projecting the responsibility for change on "other people or groups being wrong."

The flat earth and pro and anti vaccine/mask movements are all based on "the other people being wrong."

What we need are more AHA breakthroughs when more people realize we all have our own groups equally pushing biased agenda as the people or groups we target as more "in the wrong."

It's a MUTUAL process of change by equal give and take, where both sides/groups in any given conflict or issue stretch equally to the same degree we want "others to change or correct their problems."

If this guy inspires people to change themselves with the same vigor we apply to others, that is revolutionary in invoking reform. I hope he moves people to empower themselves this way!

Dear Disir
Is there any youtube or other link besides searching on TikTok? I get weird spam or glitches whenever someone sends me TikTok posts so I avoid them.

As for inspiring motivation,
What I look for are people who inspire people to change themselves and ways of perception and BIASES.
Not projecting the responsibility for change on "other people or groups being wrong."

The flat earth and pro and anti vaccine/mask movements are all based on "the other people being wrong."

What we need are more AHA breakthroughs when more people realize we all have our own groups equally pushing biased agenda as the people or groups we target as more "in the wrong."

It's a MUTUAL process of change by equal give and take, where both sides/groups in any given conflict or issue stretch equally to the same degree we want "others to change or correct their problems."

If this guy inspires people to change themselves with the same vigor we apply to others, that is revolutionary in invoking reform. I hope he moves people to empower themselves this way!
Not that I'm aware of. I agree. He was just really cool. If you look up kickass counseling on the search on TikTok you can find him.

He doesn't have an accent and I think it's because he is originally out of Wisconsin but I might have him confused with somebody else. You nailed it with "simple truths".

That inner voice is a mean one. It's crucial. I was really lucky for a while that I had to go 90 miles an hour and I didn't have to contend with it. Then everything shifted but my mind didn't slow down.

Part of the dilemma of the imposter syndrome is to believe that living life as a process of growth means “bettering oneself”, when in fact real growth has nothing to do with that concept. I forget that part a lot. True growth is awareness and nurturing awareness, some say an enlightenment, or as Emilyheim eloquently stated, an “ah ha moment”. To be free from past regrets allows us to live in the present without fretting about the past, and to live and let live while holding true to one’s core values. Societies add in the man-made goals per culture, and as you already know the US is permeated with constant messages about self-improvement. For many decades now, it’s been a continuous societal drum beat encouraging people to go into significant debt to get ahead later. Many stay in debt for life once under. The US, in particular, approves of its citizens going into extreme debt, creating bucu interest and often revolving credit charges, to get ahead later. Profit motive over human cost. What a crock that is for our country... or any country.

Thinking more about that, what a perfect backdrop to sell the idea that living a good life is about what one achieves and what one owns. As if acquiring wealth leads to some state of perfection. As we know, there is not one person walking around on Earth who is perfect, even spiritual types who are solid in personal values and awareness can still have off days, but certainly things will never be enough, as they are fleeing goals in succession and nothing lasts forever.
I think it’s some built-in mechanism that we humans are programmed genetically to be determined to set up challenging goals, do what it takes to reach them, and choose to do the silly thing of reviewing everything with a fined tooth comb in your mind’s eye that was done to see what you could’ve done better. I guess that could be helpful for a person who writes out a daily list of goals maybe, but for people like me who do not journal and just hold the whole entire “conversation” in my head it’s way too wearing! Lol
Btw- there is no way you got the job because they were desperate. Considering the insightful energy you share with other posters on this message board, and your time you put in to keep this board alive and thriving finding intriguing articles to post, there is no way they did not see your shine. You almost sparkle Disr lol and thank you for it. Because of you and the other good posters on this board who make it worthwhile - thank you!

Last edited:

Part of the dilemma of the imposter syndrome is to believe that living life as a process of growth means “bettering oneself”, when in fact real growth has nothing to do with that concept. I forget that part a lot. True growth is awareness and nurturing awareness, some say an enlightenment, or as Emilyheim eloquently stated, an “ah ha moment”. To be free from past regrets allows us to live in the present without fretting about the past, and to live and let live while holding true to one’s core values. Societies add in the man-made goals per culture, and as you already know the US is permeated with constant messages about self-improvement. For many decades now, it’s been a continuous societal drum beat encouraging people to go into significant debt to get ahead later. Many stay in debt for life once under. The US, in particular, approves of its citizens going into extreme debt, creating bucu interest and often revolving credit charges, to get ahead later. Profit motive over human cost. What a crock that is for our country... or any country.

Thinking more about that, what a perfect backdrop to sell the idea that living a good life is about what one achieves and what one owns. As if acquiring wealth leads to some state of perfection. As we know, there is not one person walking around on Earth who is perfect, even spiritual types who are solid in personal values and awareness can still have off days, but certainly things will never be enough, as they are fleeing goals in succession and nothing lasts forever.
I think it’s some built-in mechanism that we humans are programmed genetically to be determined to set up challenging goals, do what it takes to reach them, and choose to do the silly thing of reviewing everything with a fined tooth comb in your mind’s eye that was done to see what you could’ve done better. I guess that could be helpful for a person who writes out a daily list of goals maybe, but for people like me who do not journal and just hold the whole entire “conversation” in my head it’s way too wearing! Lol
Btw- there is no way you got the job because they were desperate. Considering the insightful energy you share with other posters on this message board, and your time you put in to keep this board alive and thriving finding intriguing articles to post, there is no way they did not see your shine. You almost sparkle Disr lol and thank you for it. Because of you and the other good posters on this board who make it worthwhile - thank you!
Thanks.
Well, in the US self improvement is definitely a commodity. Cooley's Looking Glass Self and all. I think profit over people is an absolute killer.

I am also in agreement that we do consider wealth as perfect. At least some of us do and the rest of us ridicule the perfect.

Forum List

Back