Kevin McCarthy admits renting luxury DC apartment from powerful GOP pollster Frank Luntz, who Tucker Carlson has accused of being a secret liberal

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

Yep...even members of Congress need to live somewhere. What's the point of this story?
Renting a room below the going market rent or getting it for free from a lobbyist is criminal payola.
Where do you get that happened? The article does not claim that.
Because in a Liberal view if it isn't in text it didn't happen. Hannidy said during his show that rental rates were then he quoted how much he paid in rent and it was obvious he got a good deal.

So?
You asked where do you get that happened? I answered that. Just because it wasn't in the article does not mean it didn't happen.
let’s get this straight...you simply made an accusation based on no evidence

some would call that slander
we make accusations based on news stories like anyone else in this damn forum.
While it’s still unclear whether McCarthy’s $1,500-per-month rent to live in the 7,000-square-foot, 12-bedroom, 16-bathroom penthouse is in violation of the House gift rule, it is in violation of the bylaws of the Clara Barton at Penn Quarter building, where renting an individual room is prohibited and leases must be in writing, according to a Tuesday report in the Washington Post.

he bylaws state that “No portion of any Unit (other than the entire Unit) shall be leased for any period. No Unit within the Buildings shall be rented for transient or hotel purposes … No lease shall be for a term of less than six months.”
ok where in that story does it say that’s not market value?
Now your playing lawyer and expecting me to be a great lawyer or I shouldn't speak at all.
It doesn't say he deffinitely isn't paying market value but that he might not be.
However, it does say it's illegal because he doesn't have a lease of at least 6 months in length.
he bylaws state that “No portion of any Unit (other than the entire Unit) shall be leased for any period. No Unit within the Buildings shall be rented for transient or hotel purposes … No lease shall be for a term of less than six months.”
So bite me.
i am not expecting you to play lawyer

i am expecting you not to make baseless accusations.

the story is he rents an apartment from a pundit...so what? you are adding all the other speculation for propaganda
No, I'm repeating the theory that $1500 is too cheap for an apt in DC.
The poster was just posting what was said not making the accusation himself.
We are assuming that since the story came from Fox news it is true. Which is because we find Fox news to be reliable and don't need corroberation.
And you are ignoring the other factoid in the case that it is illegal to rent a place without a lease while serving in Congress.
There was never anyone that said that was too cheap for an Apt in DC

All you'd have to do is a quick good seach....but no...the prpopagandist would rather spread lies Apartments for Rent in Washington DC | Apartments.com

Apartments go anywhere between $1400=$5K....it's certainly a nice price, but within the market
Hannidy said "I don't know but it sounds a little low to me may be below market value." Tucker Carlson said something similar.
But again you ignore the fact that he didn't have a lease.
Why would he need a lease? You have not explained that.
House rules that all reps have leases if they rent that are at least 6 months in length or longer. To show as proof they are paying market rates and are not being given a place to party as a gift.
They are not allowed to rent month to month and they are not allowed to rent below market rates. This is why so many of them live in their offices.

Before you bitch at me for a source --> https://www.house.gov/sites/default...se-Attachment-Instructions-116th-Congress.pdf
Shouldn't have to provide a source should simply assume the news broadcaster did his due diligence and had sources prior to making his report and thus the broadcaster is the only source of record I should need, unless you use a liberal bias news source.
But this won't be good enough for you you expect me to jump hurdles mark the exact spot where it says it and do all the work for you when a simply find will find it but your too lazy to even do that. You just want to win the argument and the truth is immaterial to you. Watch when you reply it'll be about quoting the source or moving the goal post to somewhere else.

Last edited:
Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

Yep...even members of Congress need to live somewhere. What's the point of this story?
Renting a room below the going market rent or getting it for free from a lobbyist is criminal payola.
Because in a Liberal view if it isn't in text it didn't happen. Hannidy said during his show that rental rates were then he quoted how much he paid in rent and it was obvious he got a good deal.

So?
You asked where do you get that happened? I answered that. Just because it wasn't in the article does not mean it didn't happen.

While it’s still unclear whether McCarthy’s $1,500-per-month rent to live in the 7,000-square-foot, 12-bedroom, 16-bathroom penthouse is in violation of the House gift rule, it is in violation of the bylaws of the Clara Barton at Penn Quarter building, where renting an individual room is prohibited and leases must be in writing, according to a Tuesday report in the Washington Post.

Now your playing lawyer and expecting me to be a great lawyer or I shouldn't speak at all.
It doesn't say he deffinitely isn't paying market value but that he might not be.
However, it does say it's illegal because he doesn't have a lease of at least 6 months in length.
So bite me.

the story is he rents an apartment from a pundit...so what? you are adding all the other speculation for propaganda
We are assuming that since the story came from Fox news it is true. Which is because we find Fox news to be reliable and don't need corroberation.
And you are ignoring the other factoid in the case that it is illegal to rent a place without a lease while serving in Congress.

All you'd have to do is a quick good seach....but no...the prpopagandist would rather spread lies Apartments for Rent in Washington DC | Apartments.com

Apartments go anywhere between $1400=$5K....it's certainly a nice price, but within the market
Hannidy said "I don't know but it sounds a little low to me may be below market value." Tucker Carlson said something similar.
House rules that all reps have leases if they rent that are at least 6 months in length or longer. To show as proof they are paying market rates and are not being given a place to party as a gift.
They are not allowed to rent month to month and they are not allowed to rent below market rates. This is why so many of them live in their offices.

Before you bitch at me for a source --> https://www.house.gov/sites/default/files/uploads/documents/Leases-116th-Congress/District-Office-Lease-Attachment-Instructions-116th-Congress.pdf
Shouldn't have to provide a source should simply assume the news broadcaster did his due diligence and had sources prior to making his report and thus the broadcaster is the only source of record I should need, unless you use a liberal bias news source.
But this won't be good enough for you you expect me to jump hurdles mark the exact spot where it says it and do all the work for you when a simply find will find it but your too lazy to even do that. You just want to win the argument and the truth is immaterial to you. Watch when you reply it'll be about quoting the source or moving the goal post to somewhere else.

Can't you read? That is for an office, not a fucking residence.

My God, you are a dumb motherfucker!

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

Before you bitch at me for a source --> https://www.house.gov/sites/default/files/uploads/documents/Leases-116th-Congress/District-Office-Lease-Attachment-Instructions-116th-Congress.pdf

They also have one for a residence sorry if bing didn't find it. They have a rule about everything if you have access to the Houses computers which I don't.

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

They also have one for a residence sorry if bing didn't find it. They have a rule about everything if you have access to the Houses computers which I don't.

No. You are just a dumb motherfucker! Simplest explanation is usually the best.

I have heard stories about it being illegal to sleep in their offices, but so many do because anything else is inconvenient and expensive.

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

Before you bitch at me for a source --> https://www.house.gov/sites/default...se-Attachment-Instructions-116th-Congress.pdf
that link deals with district offices not personal homes

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

Even though I can't find the link I know there are similar rules about renting a house or a room in a house for Congressional personel. Sorry I don't have access to their servers to pull those specific rules up.

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

Even though I can't find the link I know there are similar rules about renting a house or a room in a house for Congressional personel. Sorry I don't have access to their servers to pull those specific rules up.
well anyone that rents a place has to have their name on the contract

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

unless they rent a room from Luntz. That is the point of the story.

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

He rented a room, not an apartment, which is what you keep saying.

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

what’s wrong with renting a room from him?

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

They said he didn't pay market rate for it.
They said he didn't have a lease.
If neither was true why is he moving back into the House office.

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

i showed where what he paid is market rate for an entire apartment let alone a room!

snd who is they that said it wasn’t?

he never moved out of his office as far as i know...why would he give up his office? seems hard to work without an office

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

i showed where what he paid is market rate for an entire apartment let alone a room!

he never moved out of his office as far as i know...why would he give up his office? seems hard to work without an office
Hannidy and Tucker. You like talking in circles?

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

they never said he didn’t pay rent

they questioned if it was below market value but they never said it was.

as i have already highlighted its market value for an entire apartment so certainly for a room

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

as i have already highlighted its market value for an entire apartment so certainly for a room
They said he got a good deal.
They also said he didn't have a lease.
He's a politician it's against the law.

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

nothing illegal about a good deal...for a politician or anyone else

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

Yes there is for a politician. They must be above reproach. They can't look dirty whether they are being dirty or not is immaterial. It's also against the rules for a congress member to rent a house or a room in a house without a lease detailing all the particulars so that it's proven it's above board and not a pay off for the politician.

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

Yes there is for a politician. They must be above reproach. They can't look dirty whether they are being dirty or not is immaterial. It's also against the rules for a congress member to rent a house or a room in a house without a lease detailing all the particulars so that it's proven it's above board and not a pay off for the politician.
Can you provide the Federal Code that says a politican can't get a good deal? I'd like to know how they define "good deal" - also how getting a "good deal" means you are somehow below reproach

How is getting a "good deal" make you look "dirty"- do they have to pay full price at close out sells?

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

Can you provide the Federal Code that says a politican can't get a good deal? I'd like to know how they define "good deal" - also how getting a "good deal" means you are somehow below reproach

How is getting a "good deal" make you look "dirty"- do they have to pay full price at close out sells?
I'm tired of playing lawyer for you. look it up yourself.

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

I'm tired of playing lawyer for you. look it up yourself.
Geez...you don't have to be a lawyer to provide the code...the code is public.

Here's the Code...you said you knew the law existed and said it was law...I am just asking for it: U.S. Code: Table Of Contents

Forum List

Back