Kevin McCarthy admits renting luxury DC apartment from powerful GOP pollster Frank Luntz, who Tucker Carlson has accused of being a secret liberal

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

Yep...even members of Congress need to live somewhere. What's the point of this story?
Renting a room below the going market rent or getting it for free from a lobbyist is criminal payola.
Where do you get that happened? The article does not claim that.
Because in a Liberal view if it isn't in text it didn't happen. Hannidy said during his show that rental rates were then he quoted how much he paid in rent and it was obvious he got a good deal.

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

Yep...even members of Congress need to live somewhere. What's the point of this story?
Renting a room below the going market rent or getting it for free from a lobbyist is criminal payola.
Because in a Liberal view if it isn't in text it didn't happen. Hannidy said during his show that rental rates were then he quoted how much he paid in rent and it was obvious he got a good deal.

So?

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?
You asked where do you get that happened? I answered that. Just because it wasn't in the article does not mean it didn't happen.

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?
You asked where do you get that happened? I answered that. Just because it wasn't in the article does not mean it didn't happen.

You cannot prove that it did happen. Suck on that for a little while.

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?
let’s get this straight...you simply made an accusation based on no evidence

some would call that slander

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

You act like written reporting is better evidence than verbal on screen evidence.

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

we make accusations based on news stories like anyone else in this damn forum.
While it’s still unclear whether McCarthy’s $1,500-per-month rent to live in the 7,000-square-foot, 12-bedroom, 16-bathroom penthouse is in violation of the House gift rule, it is in violation of the bylaws of the Clara Barton at Penn Quarter building, where renting an individual room is prohibited and leases must be in writing, according to a Tuesday report in the Washington Post.

he bylaws state that “No portion of any Unit (other than the entire Unit) shall be leased for any period. No Unit within the Buildings shall be rented for transient or hotel purposes … No lease shall be for a term of less than six months.”

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

You act like written reporting is better evidence than verbal on screen evidence.
Absolutely! So do courts of law!

You have provided neither.

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

While it’s still unclear whether McCarthy’s $1,500-per-month rent to live in the 7,000-square-foot, 12-bedroom, 16-bathroom penthouse is in violation of the House gift rule, it is in violation of the bylaws of the Clara Barton at Penn Quarter building, where renting an individual room is prohibited and leases must be in writing, according to a Tuesday report in the Washington Post.

he bylaws state that “No portion of any Unit (other than the entire Unit) shall be leased for any period. No Unit within the Buildings shall be rented for transient or hotel purposes … No lease shall be for a term of less than six months.”
ok where in that story does it say that’s not market value?

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

Now your playing lawyer and expecting me to be a great lawyer or I shouldn't speak at all.
It doesn't say he deffinitely isn't paying market value but that he might not be.
However, it does say it's illegal because he doesn't have a lease of at least 6 months in length.
So bite me.

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

Now your playing lawyer and expecting me to be a great lawyer or I shouldn't speak at all.
It doesn't say he deffinitely isn't paying market value but that he might not be.
However, it does say it's illegal because he doesn't have a lease of at least 6 months in length.
So bite me.
i am not expecting you to play lawyer

i am expecting you not to make baseless accusations.

the story is he rents an apartment from a pundit...so what? you are adding all the other speculation for propaganda

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

the story is he rents an apartment from a pundit...so what? you are adding all the other speculation for propaganda
No, I'm repeating the theory that $1500 is too cheap for an apt in DC.
The poster was just posting what was said not making the accusation himself.
We are assuming that since the story came from Fox news it is true. Which is because we find Fox news to be reliable and don't need corroberation.
And you are ignoring the other factoid in the case that it is illegal to rent a place without a lease while serving in Congress.

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

Luntz isn't a secret progressive. He's an obvious one.
He's a republican operative.... He's never been liberal????

Frank Ian Luntz is an American political and communications consultant, pollster, and pundit, best known for developing talking points and other messaging for Republican causes. His work has included assistance with messaging for Newt Gingrich's Contract with America, and public relations support for pro-Israel policies in the Israeli–Palestinian conflict. He advocated use of vocabulary crafted to produce a desired effect; including use of the term death tax instead of estate tax

Last edited:
Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

We are assuming that since the story came from Fox news it is true. Which is because we find Fox news to be reliable and don't need corroberation.
And you are ignoring the other factoid in the case that it is illegal to rent a place without a lease while serving in Congress.

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

Why is it illegal? Where is your reference?

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

Why is it illegal? Where is your reference?
There you go expecting me to meet the qualifications of a lawyer before allowing me to post. My reference is in the news article where it says it is illegal. I assume the person who wrote the article knows what they are talking about even if he doesn't in turn spell out or quote his sources which is the House Rules.

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

Luntz isn't a secret progressive. He's an obvious one.
He's a republican operative.... He's never been liberal????

Frank Ian Luntz is an American political and communications consultant, pollster, and pundit, best known for developing talking points and other messaging for Republican causes. His work has included assistance with messaging for Newt Gingrich's Contract with America, and public relations support for pro-Israel policies in the Israeli–Palestinian conflict. He advocated use of vocabulary crafted to produce a desired effect; including use of the term death tax instead of estate tax

Look at his positions. They are all progressive. He has no conservative positions at all.

RINOS and luntz are two peas in a pod.

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

There was never anyone that said that was too cheap for an Apt in DC

All you'd have to do is a quick good seach....but no...the prpopagandist would rather spread lies Apartments for Rent in Washington DC | Apartments.com

Apartments go anywhere between $1400=$5K....it's certainly a nice price, but within the market

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

All you'd have to do is a quick good seach....but no...the prpopagandist would rather spread lies Apartments for Rent in Washington DC | Apartments.com

Apartments go anywhere between $1400=$5K....it's certainly a nice price, but within the market
Hannidy said "I don't know but it sounds a little low to me may be below market value." Tucker Carlson said something similar.
But again you ignore the fact that he didn't have a lease.

Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

Hannidy said "I don't know but it sounds a little low to me may be below market value." Tucker Carlson said something similar.
Why would he need a lease? You have not explained that.

Last edited:
Matt Gaetz for Speaker!

So?

So bite me.

well check the link, i provided. It’s certainly on the low end but within market value.

absolutely nothing wrong.

Forum List

Back