Kevin Costner In 13 days - the cuban missile crisis

Mac-7

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2019
I urge everyone who hasnt seen this movie to search for it on YouTube and watch it

It was JFK the democrat party’s finest hour

Yeah but it's not history. It's Hollywood's version with a movie star pretending to be JFK. Can American kids who were brought up in front of the video screen tell the difference?

Yeah but it's not history. It's Hollywood's version with a movie star pretending to be JFK. Can American kids who were brought up in front of the video screen tell the difference?
What is unauthentic about it?

They make O’Donnell out to be more influential than he really was.
I look at that O’Donnell movie character as a composite, partly to represent JFK’s conscience.
Living through that episode as a kid was traumatic. When you’re a little kid and all of the mothers are showing up to pick up their kids from school, as we were let out early, the looks of anguish on those mothers’ faces sent a scare up your back.
The AOC’s of the world need to see that movie and understand what they’re unwittingly trying to forfeit.

They make O’Donnell out to be more influential than he really was.
Probably

I dont like costner

He’s a typical hollywood jerk

But the movie caught the extreme tension that kennedy was under

To wet-behind-the-ears libs it may seem no big deal today

But the world was on the very brink of nuclear war

If JFK didnt thread the needle many of the blowhards on this forum would not be alive today

Probably

I dont like costner

He’s a typical hollywood jerk

But the movie caught the extreme tension that kennedy was under

To wet-behind-the-ears libs it may seem no big deal today

But the world was on the very brink of nuclear war

If JFK didnt thread the needle many of the blowhards on this forum would not be alive today
The way they dealt with the communication problem is what saved the day. Realizing that they could not approach this conflict with traditional strategy is what prevented a holocaust.

I urge everyone who hasnt seen this movie to search for it on YouTube and watch it

It was JFK the democrat party’s finest hour

JFK chickened out versus Khrushev and condemned Cubans to a half century of brutal oppression.

Eisenhower advised Kennedy to attack and be done with it.

For one the Soviet missiles in Cuba did not have the capability of targeting American cities at that time. Neither did Soviet ICBMs. Thus the Soviets were no threat to the U.S.

Forum List

Back